The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Redknapp admits England distraction. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Redknapp admits England distraction. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Redknapp admits England distraction. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Redknapp admits England distraction. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Redknapp admits England distraction. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Redknapp admits England distraction. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Redknapp admits England distraction. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Redknapp admits England distraction. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Redknapp admits England distraction. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Redknapp admits England distraction. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Redknapp admits England distraction.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Redknapp admits England distraction. Empty Redknapp admits England distraction.

Post by BazSpur Tue May 01 2012, 21:32

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/148759.html?CMP=OTC-RSS
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Redknapp admits England distraction. Empty Re: Redknapp admits England distraction.

Post by BazSpur Tue May 01 2012, 21:34

So, we were all right. And there was Redknapp telling the press that it was basically Bollox and it was nothing whatsoever to do with England speculation. How can we believe anything he says again?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Redknapp admits England distraction. Empty Re: Redknapp admits England distraction.

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 01 2012, 21:36

That is the great thing about headlines Baz

"Redknapp admits England distraction"

You read the article Arry says no such thing

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 01 2012, 21:46

Erm.

Redknapp has conceded for the first time that the 12-week period since
    Fabio Capello's resignation, in which he had been strongly linked with
    the vacant position, has had an effect.
    Spurs have won twice in ten
    league games since Capello walked and Redknapp began being touted as the
    new England coach.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 01 2012, 22:04

"Some people will feel it has, people who work with me think it's definitely had an effect but I don't know really, I'm not sure," said Redknapp.

Does that constitute 'Arry admitting anything Baz ?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 01 2012, 22:14

I refer you to my post above again Nic.

Redknapp has conceded for the first time that the 12-week period since
    Fabio Capello's resignation, in which he had been strongly linked with
    the vacant position, has had an effect

What is he saying? Anyway, I don't expect you to agree as you're a goon. Problem with Redknapp is he comes out with so much bullsh*t in his interviews. Facts are facts no matter what he says. Our dip in form coincided with Cappello resigning and Arry being touted for the job. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to work that out. Spurs supporters think it was that moment and that really is all that matters. This is the fist time he has conceded it might have had an effect. Before he was saying it had no bearing on it. So, he has shifted his stance on it.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 01 2012, 22:26

I know what the article says Baz - the article says what the headline says that Arry "admitted" that he "conceded"

If you read what Arry actually says in the quotes he neither admits or concedes - he says other people says it has had an effect - Arry just "don't know really"

If he wanted to "admit" it he would - dont you think in spite of he desperate efforts of the meeja to force a confession out of him ?? Very Happy

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 01 2012, 23:35

No, I don't.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed May 02 2012, 01:28

Of course it effected the club & the players, hence there major dip in the form, 2 wins out of 10 is relegation form. If the players think their manager is leaving after all the hard work that went into the season, the players dont know whats happening, they dont know if they will be their next season when or if a new manager comes in. A new manager might even still be installed after all this crap, its totally unprofessional, and was upto Redknapp as a manager to sort the players out and bring the best out of them like he did at the beginning of the season.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed May 02 2012, 02:08

So why did Arry's impending spell in Wormwood Scrubs have no effect on the players or Spuds form DJ ?

As for a new manager being installed I am afraid Levy has already made clear the amount of compensation that would be payable if you sacked Arry
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed May 02 2012, 02:24

anicoll5 wrote:So why did Arry's impending spell in Wormwood Scrubs have no effect on the players or Spuds form DJ ?

Come again??? Question
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed May 02 2012, 04:12

DJ I have read article after article about how - somehow - Arry's potential appointment has disrupted Spuds season after February 8th

No one is really clear how this disruption took place but the usual arguments are that players "need to know" who their manager will be.

I am simply pointing out that Arry stood trial in January and February, long known about before the actual start date, was missing from the club for the duration of the trial, and faced a stiff prison sentence

So why did that not disrupt the players who "need to know" as they performed well ?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 02 2012, 05:10

Well it did to a certain extent. Jan was so,so and Feb was so,so,so. Not sure about the Court case so much but Capello leaving certainly affected our form. I don't believe in coincidences. There is always a reason for things happening. Anyway Nic stop Redknapp admits England distraction. 912733
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed May 02 2012, 05:34

Redknapp admits England distraction. 912733
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed May 02 2012, 05:44

I will never mention it again

chainsaw
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 02 2012, 06:09

Redknapp admits England distraction. 738891Good Boy. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 01:17