The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
LOBO
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
7 posters

Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic

Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 03:13

ye sandro and vdv looked nackerd early secound half, harry should of made changes sooner.

but now for the positives. thats 6 points from 2 away games we only managed 2 points from last season

and also i dont kno if this is good news or bad news because i think hes rubbish but i heard walnut done hes hamstring lol
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic

Post by MarkA249 Sun Sep 25 2011, 03:14

r u balls proved right who was in defence when we conceded against city and Utd Dawson yes and your new Lover KABOUL its King who its down too when Dawson comes back and hes with King we wont concede either
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 25 2011, 03:14

Loughtonlegend wrote:how many pens would dawson have given away today.

Don't know Lought> None I would have hoped.

its no concidence that we kept so many cleen sheets since dawson been out.
    i told ion we are better without dawson. and i being proved right,

Except today of course. LOL

also 451 dont work, ade although looks our best forward player he still looked lost out there today due to the formation

Didn't you say a little while ago he would be better playing the lone striker role for us?

I suppose with Defoe out and Pav not travelling, Arry had no choice but to play that formation.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 03:35

secoud half we struggle aganst 10 min wigan. harry made changes too late again
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 25 2011, 03:46

Peter Crouch up to his old tricks for Stoke .....lol

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 03:56

not scored or been on winning team aganst man u crouch lol in all hes 13 games

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 04:01

tony pulis looks like ernest p worrel lolMatch Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 Ernest

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 04:06

man u on same channal as the spurs game Channel - 106723

not had a good day with my dream team squad and i got woodgate in my team lol

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 04:22

twice hes stopped stoke from attacking crouch that is. hes so lucky how he earns 80k a week,

hes one of the worst strikers i have ever seen

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 04:45

well blow me hes only gone and scored lol god loves him lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 25 2011, 04:47

shock

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 04:51

why didnt harry play him aganst man u dodgy defence lol Very Happy
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 25 2011, 04:57

Loughtonlegend wrote:tony pulis looks like ernest p worrel lolMatch Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 Ernest

He was the best peewee herman

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 06:01

Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 Get-attachment

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 25 2011, 06:08

love sandros barnet, like a spartans helmet

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 09:00

Naw Lought, just like a helmet lmao . . . . . ..

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 09:07

i see phill and grant in the pic with vdv
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Sep 25 2011, 19:15

Cracking win today and in an odd kind of way am pleased we did it the hard way..... Stops complacency creeping in and it was a reminder you gotta work hard and concentrate for full 90 mins. Thought Kaboul played well even if he could of closed abit better for there goal, for me full blame lies with Ekotto who had 1 of his awful games today and how much better do we look with Deadly Leadley in the side, what could have been for the him without the injuries!! Bale back to his best thats 2 players sent off against him in as many games, they just carnt cope with him again. Bring on the Goons next week!!!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 26 2011, 01:25

Agree with Ropes , Kaboul assessment, he played well and with a bit of luck could've got on the score sheet .... I dont know why he's in for flack for Wigan's goal , he just couldn't get to the ball which was shielded well by the Wigan player , what's he to do? Was he meant to bring the Wigan player down on the edge of the penalty area?
    The error was Benny's , who incidentally didn't travel up with the team the day before because he was down with virus, the same virus that also hit Defoe.. However, on the morning of the game , Benny felt better so he made his own way up to Wigan by car!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 26 2011, 01:55

Wasn't a dodgy Lasagne was it? lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 26 2011, 02:19

BazSpur wrote: Wasn't a dodgy Lasagne was it? lol!

I'd say definitely off the menu this coming week with the Woolwich Poisoners game on Sunday in mind Suspect

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26 2011, 07:44

Wigan 1 - 2 Tottenham

Match Thread Vs Wigan Athletic - Page 3 _55566753_bale_getty
    Gareth Bale rises to head home his first goal of the season

Tottenham punished some woeful Wigan defending to secure their third Premier League victory in a row.

A mistake from Maynor Figueroa enabled Emmanuel Adebayor to set up the returning Rafael van der Vaart to net a third-minute opener.

From Luka Modric's corner, Gareth Bale escaped his marker to head home the second after 23 minutes.

Mohamed Diame pulled a goal back but Steve Gohouri was dismissed for two yellow cards as the visitors held on.
    The early warning signs were there as Wigan conceded possession almost straight from the kick-off, and the third-minute goal will have had home fans fearing another 2009-style 9-1 drubbing.

The opener was a moment to forget for Figueroa, whose sloppy control and wayward back pass let Adebayor in to tee up Van der Vaart, who finished with aplomb.

There was visible tension in the home ranks and the Wigan defence descended into bickering after confusion between goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi and Ben Watson.

The home side offered little of note at the other end, although Brad Friedel was called into action to keep out Victor Moses's effort from Jordi Gomez's free-kick.
    Wigan's worries at the back continued as Gary Caldwell was forced into a risky header behind for a corner from another Spurs attack - and from that corner, it was two for the visitors.

Modric swung the ball in and Bale was able to steal in and head goalwards, and with no men on either post, his effort flew into the back of the net.

The lessons had clearly not been learned by the home side as from another corner Bale was again allowed an effort on goal, but this time he was off-target.

Adebayor shot wide as Spurs continued to terrorise the nervy home side, with a foul throw from Gohouri summing up the lacklustre first-half efforts of the Latics.

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez made a change at the break, with Ronnie Stam replacing Gomez, and the Dutchman made an immediate impact as he played a major part in Diame's 50th-minute strike.
    Stam charged down Benoit Assou-Ekotto's attempted clearance and after the ball came back to him he found Diame, who held off Younes Kaboul with some neat footwork before driving a low shot inside the left-hand post.

But Wigan's impetus in the second half was lost in the 62nd minute when Gohouri was shown a second yellow card for a reckless tackle on Bale.

Spurs could have extended their lead when Kaboul saw his deflected free-kick rattle the crossbar, and although Wigan put some late pressure on, the visitors were able to see out the win.

Harry Redknapp's men are up to sixth after the win, but the defeat was Wigan's fourth in a row in all competitions and leaves them 15th, just two points off the foot of the table.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp:

"It was complete domination in the first half and we could have come in three or four ahead.

"I said the only way they'd get in the game is if we did something stupid.

"We gave a sloppy goal away trying to play it in the box, got punished and it changed everything."

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez:

"It doesn't matter how well Spurs played in the first half, the frustration was that the two goals were soft - but I couldn't be prouder of the second-half performance with 10 men.

"We looked like a team that could get something out of it and I'm disappointed we didn't get a result.

"It was a fantastic reaction and the players deserve credit."

KEY MATCH FACTS
    • Tottenham have won three Premier League matches in a row for the first time since February
    • Steve Gohouri received his first red card in English football

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Sep 26 2011, 18:45

Cant understand all the Kaboul loving but hey thats my opinion he had a good game anyone watched any re runs of the game see the back pass he did if Freidel had not been alert could of scored then the big donkey touch what give them a corner could easly have scored from as for the goal Arnie have u seen the size of Kaboul yes the wigan player does well to sheild it but Kaboul gets shoved off rather too easily. If Kaboul gets better i will hold my hands up and admit i got it wrong but to me hes our dodgy link. I dont mind him just think hes dodgy we will find out how good he is next week in the derby against V Persie
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 26 2011, 21:46

Bloody hell, you think Kaboul is dodgy, Lought thinks Dawson is dodgy. sh*t defence we've got then lol.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Sep 26 2011, 23:22

MarkA249 wrote:Cant understand all the Kaboul loving but hey thats my opinion he had a good game anyone watched any re runs of the game see the back pass he did if Freidel had not been alert could of scored then the big donkey touch what give them a corner could easly have scored from as for the goal Arnie have u seen the size of Kaboul yes the wigan player does well to sheild it but Kaboul gets shoved off rather too easily. If Kaboul gets better i will hold my hands up and admit i got it wrong but to me hes our dodgy link. I dont mind him just think hes dodgy we will find out how good he is next week in the derby against V Persie

Mark , having re-read the thread, I actually think I've just simply got caught up here in the crossfire between you and Lought over your faves ...Dawson for you and Kaboul for Lought.. Rolling Eyes ..

All central defenders have their hairy moments unless their name's Ledley King...

The team that played Wigan is a good one and if it were to be improved I agree with you, Kaboul's spot is one of the positions most likely....

So no Kaboul loving , I'm just saying Kaboul's performance wasn't so bad to be singled out for individual criticism and the goal we conceded was more down to Benny's loss of possession...Look at it again and you can see that all our back-line as well as the rest of the team were caught wrong footed by the error ..

My main concern was how a sloppy attitude swept throughout the whole the team once having gone 2-0 up ...You cant take you foot off the pedal at 2-0 against any team and that's what we did just before half-time and then it continued into the second -half, don't we ever learn? ....

On another day and against better opponents we could well have been punished and we be sat here bemoaning how 3 points became one or even worse...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 00:41