The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Citeh - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Citeh - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Citeh - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Citeh - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Citeh - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Citeh - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Citeh - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Citeh - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Citeh - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Citeh - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Citeh

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Citeh - Page 2 Empty Re: Citeh

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Dec 14 2011, 02:59

Is this you Nic , explains the haziness? lol

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 14 2011, 04:40

Very kind of you to try Arnie but I am afraid I have no recollection of the game - who is that funny young chap in the green jersey at the end

He looks sad
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Dec 14 2011, 06:30

Citeh - Page 2 348204 I could watch that goal over and over and over ad infinitum.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 14 2011, 23:48

I see there was a right old fuss in the tunnel at the Bridge on Monday caused by Ashley Cole taunting the Citeh players with "Thursday night, Channel Five at the top of his voice.

He wouldn't dare try the same at the Lane I reckon
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 15 2011, 00:25

anicoll5 wrote:I see there was a right old fuss in the tunnel at the Bridge on Monday caused by Ashley Cole taunting the Citeh players with "Thursday night, Channel Five at the top of his voice.

He wouldn't dare try the same at the Lane I reckon

I think he can do what he likes at the Lane Nic.

I seem to recall him taking Alan Hutton out with a straight red tackle and turning his back on Mike Riley and refusing to
    acknowledge him, conspiracy theory with refs, nah!!

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Dec 15 2011, 01:07

My God what a memory you have got for Spuds and a referee making an error;

Given your encyclopaedic memory Dave here is one for you;

A classic bit of cheating took place in the course of a Spuds v Pompey game a little while when when Didier Zokora performed the most blatant dive following a challenge from Pedro Mendes - the referee pointed to the spot - the penalty was despatched - Spuds won 2-1

A man with your sharp recollection will have no difficulty placing it I am sure.

But here is the hard bit Dave - who was that referee ?

And who as the Pompey manager ?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Dec 15 2011, 01:10

And for any of you who cant quite match Dave's total recall the answers to today's quiz are here;
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-407925/Ref-apologises-gaffe-robs-Redknapp.html
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 15 2011, 01:18

I remember that Nic. It was a diabolical dive from Zokora no doubt about that.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 15 2011, 01:33

[quote="anicoll5"]My God what a memory you have got for Spuds and a referee making an error;

Given your encyclopaedic memory Dave here is one for you;

A classic bit of cheating took place in the course of a Spuds v Pompey game a little while when when Didier Zokora performed the most blatant dive following a challenge from Pedro Mendes - the referee pointed to the spot - the penalty was despatched - Spuds won 2-1

A man with your sharp recollection will have no difficulty placing it I am sure.

But here is the hard bit Dave - who was that referee ?

And who as the Pompey manager ?

I know, who'd have thought that our mate Chrissy Foy would make up for it by making several bad decisions in one game!!

And as for Mike Riley, I remember it because they played his miked convo with Cole and he called him Ash ffs!!

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 15 2011, 02:39

Ash? Citeh - Page 2 348204

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 09:14

Nic trawl thro' the ancient Spurs forum posts and I believe you will find many Spurs fans deplored Zakora for that moment and never held him so dear again. He became our pires Vs Pompey. Oh hang on the goners praised pires for that moment and a certain unbeaten, yet tainted, season . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 15 2011, 11:12

VisionarySound wrote:Nic trawl thro' the ancient Spurs forum posts and I believe you will find many Spurs fans deplored Zakora for that moment and never held him so dear again. He became our pires Vs Pompey. Oh hang on the goners praised pires for that moment and a certain unbeaten, yet tainted, season . . . . .

Citeh - Page 2 348204 That's funny vis.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Dec 19 2011, 05:24

What a game ! We have played, and will play, half as well and take all three points - Citeh mighty difficult to beat - Silva provides that spark of magic

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 05:33

your keeper world class Very Happy
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Dec 19 2011, 05:34

I thought their keeper was quite decent too Sad
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Dec 19 2011, 05:40

As for Wayne Bridge his last run out was against the mighty Birmingham City on the Carling Cup on the 21st September - I wonder what Theo will make of that

I dunno Nic, but we could ask Zabaleta

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Dec 19 2011, 05:43

Right footed player turning out at left full back Dave - isn't he more often a midfielder anyway ?

Thought he had a fairly easy afternoon and I would have preferred to see Theo left on as the Citeh defence tired - such are the decisions you make

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19 2011, 06:53

What I saw of the 2nd half I thought Citeh looked defensively shaky. Almost like watching the arsenil of old with some of their agricultral defending. What I saw a very entertaining game . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 19 2011, 08:04

City have looked a bit shaky of late. Maybe they won't win the Prem.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Dec 19 2011, 20:38

anicoll5 wrote:Right footed player turning out at left full back Dave - isn't he more often a midfielder anyway ?

Thought he had a fairly easy afternoon and I would have preferred to see Theo left on as the Citeh defence tired - such are the decisions you make

Excuses Nic, you alluded to the fact that they have no left back and Theo would have a field day, like i said about Walcott, world class one minute, Sunday league the next and regardless of what Zabaleta is, he had Walcott in his pocket.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Dec 19 2011, 23:47

"Alluded" Dave ? Alluded is it ! Pah .............

No mate - I said Citeh had no left back, other than Bridge, and lo and f*cking behold they haven't - they stick in Zabaleta who I agree had a good game, or maybe it as Theo had a bad game. Let the people decide.

Bringing on De Jong and Milner was hardly the action of a manager who thought he had the attacking side "in his pocket" though.

As I said above such are the fine margins that games are decided on. Bit like the difference at WHL yesterday being Pav's goal from what I saw on MOTD last night.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 19 2011, 23:59

Goons on facebook for what it's worth Nic were saying they thought Walcott was sh*t.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 20 2011, 00:04

Bringing on De Jong and Milner was hardly the action of a manager who thought he had the attacking side "in his pocket" though.

Not the side, just one player, the one you said would have a a good game because they had no recognised left back.

Anyhoo, after watching that game, came to the conclusion that maybe Manure will win the league after all, they look more solid. You lot will be too far behind by the time you get your full backs fit and Whilshire, Citeh whilst they have great attacking players are still a little flaky at the back, as for Chelski, the Wigan game told you all you need to know about their title credentials, as for my team, Id be more then happy with third.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Dec 20 2011, 00:11

I don't use FB for football Baz but within thirty seconds of the final whistle Twitter erupted with so Called Arsenal "fans" laying into Theo, Arshavin, Chamakh, Gervinho, Djourou - even Ramsey picked up a caning from the AFC cyber experts

I find it remarkable, indeed a matter that impresses me to be honest, that some people manage to fit all that f*cking stupidity into their one single head.

Suspect

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Dec 20 2011, 00:16

I see the title going right to the wire Dave - Citeh are beginning to look tired and YaYa Toure has gone off the boil over the past two/three weeks - they will miss him during the ACN - still the team in front though

ManYoo are still enjoying the benefit of the rocket that the Citeh defeat caused, in domestic competition at least - I still reckon they lack quality in midfield

As for the rest I think that four teams are chasing two CL places - I doubt anyone will spend in the Jan window

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 06:23