The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Spurs Next manager? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Spurs Next manager? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Spurs Next manager? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Spurs Next manager? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Spurs Next manager? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Spurs Next manager? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Spurs Next manager? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Spurs Next manager? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Spurs Next manager? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Spurs Next manager? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Spurs Next manager?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Spurs Next manager? Empty Spurs Next manager?

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 24 2011, 09:10

Just who will be in charge of Spurs next season?

Fan Articles, News | admin | October 23, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Spurs Next manager? Harry-redknapp-1011-01
    The question of who will pick the Spurs team for the first game of next season has been on my mind for some time.

If, as expected, Redknapp takes the Football Associations dollar then
    it will become a very pivotal moment in the club’s history, especially
    if we get into the Champions League again.

One thing I noticed when talking it over with some fellow supporters was that there was no obvious candidate jumping out.

One rumor that was quite strong in the summer was that Mark Hughes
    did not leave Fulham thinking he would be going to Villa but that he had
    been given the nod that he would get the Spurs job when Harry went.
    This may be far-fetched but I heard it from a few people, including ones
    with links to the Cottagers.

Certainly the bookies seem to agree with the permed one currently the favorite to be our next permanent manager.

While Hughes did well at Blackburn, anyone who can make David Bentley
    appear to be worth £16m must have something in his locker, his time at
    Man City was characterised by dull football and shocking wastes of
    money.

Bellamy, Bridge, Santa Cruz were all brought in for big sums and on
    high wages, though it is fair to say we have benefitted indirectly from
    him bringing in Adebayor. He did okay at Fulham but is he really the man
    to have us challenging for the top four? While he may be a safe choice
    for the board would he really get the fans excited?

There is also his obvious Chelsea connection, a player and a fan, and
    is someone who Man City saw as not good enough to get them into the
    Champions League the man we should be turning to? However, looking at
    who the bookies have behind him it appears that Stamford Bridge
    connections may be something every manager we want has

Carlo Ancelotti, Champions League winner, Serie A winner, Premier League and FA Cup winner, there is no doubting he has the CV.

The fact he was sacked by the ‘ever exploding clown car of football’
    (thanks to Danny Baker for that one) must go in his favour. As has the
    fact he publically came out and said he’d like the job (plus Liverpool
    but we’ll ignore that).

But, and this is a but as big as Carlo’s, he has always had someone
    buying players for him. At AC and at Chelsea he coached the team but
    transfers were brought in above his head. Having spectacularly done away
    with our director of football – how is Andy Carroll settling in
    Liverpool fans? – would Levy be willing to go back? And, god forbid,
    would it be our newly rehired scout David Pleat (with his settlement
    package from being sacked from a similar role by Forest in his back
    pocket).

Gus Poyet is catching the eye with Brighton and looks to have
    something about him but I fear he could be tainted by association with
    Juande Ramos.

If he gets Brighton up his case would be strengthened but we do not
    know how the club feels about him or perhaps more importantly, how he
    feels about Levy et al.

The worst case scenario would be Poyet with some sort of mentor
    figure above him (probably Pleat again I fear) which I don’t think has
    ever worked somewhere.

After these three is the usual collection of also rans which we’ll quickly run through.

Moyes – Interesting, transfers in the main have been poor and seems to like a very defensive team.

O’Neill – Two words. Long ball.

Martinez – Relegating Wigan this season will count him out

Benitez – Just no.

A foreign coach, one who has not managed in the Premier League
    before, such as Jurgen Klopp of Dortmund, is unlikely to be considered
    by a board which has had its fingers burned in the past. Santini and
    Ramos still loom large as black marks against Levy and he will not want
    to get it so wrong again.

So it seems the choice really comes down to Hughes or Ancelotti. The
    big Italian would get my blessing but I think that the Welshman could
    well be in the dugout come August.

Kind of makes me wish Harry was staying. Kind of.

Abuse me on twitter @carlgavaghan.

Spurs Next manager? Empty Re: Spurs Next manager?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24 2011, 09:34

i told you jose will be here
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Oct 24 2011, 17:11

Loughtonlegend wrote:i told you jose will be here

woo hoo crazy clap
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 24 2011, 20:23

I know i will get slated for this but i want an English or British manager which rules out Jose

I like Alan Pardew , what he has done with Newcastle is close to spectacular , there defense looks solid and for a team with no stars sitting in 4th the manager deserves some credit, he has plenty of experience, he knows the English game inside out and lets face his touch line bust up with Wenger that time at upton park would make him an instant favorite with the fans.

Lought Jose wont come, he would cost the earth and would want to spend top daller, Pardew on the other hand could work with our team , and remember its not a popularity contest its a bout football management lol

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24 2011, 20:52

LOBO wrote:I know i will get slated for this but i want an English or British manager which rules out Jose

I like Alan Pardew , what he has done with Newcastle is close to spectacular , there defense looks solid and for a team with no stars sitting in 4th the manager deserves some credit, he has plenty of experience, he knows the English game inside out and lets face his touch line bust up with Wenger that time at upton park would make him an instant favorite with the fans.

Lought Jose wont come, he would cost the earth and would want to spend top daller, Pardew on the other hand could work with our team , and remember its not a popularity contest its a bout football management lol

Good call lob about pardew, but some were also talking about coyle and he looks like he has burst his bubble at bolton now, after a great start with them, i think also that newcastle will flounder at some stage under pardew this season, they are that type of club .
    I would rather continuity , harry at the club until he feels it time to retire and someone who has learned the game and been at spurs a while, liverpool did this with great success in the 70s and 80s.
    Its not a foregone conclusion that england will appoint harry, but the more success he gets with tottenham the more it is likely.
    Loughts dream of jose is unlikely because of (as you rightly say) financial restraints at tottenham.
    I think the dream of jol coming back wont ever happen, he did take us as far as he could i think.
    Assistants always seem to be a hit or miss scenario, perhaps joe jordan and bond could continue if harry went because that would certainly not mean any upheaval of players coming in and going out, continuity is important imo.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 24 2011, 20:58

Pardew? Nah, not for me Lew. You say yourself Newcastle will drop away. Jordan and Bond is a good shout and as you say it keeps continuity. I gave Coyle a chance but as you say he has fallen by the way side. Maybe more to do with the players he has to work with than him, himself though.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24 2011, 21:14

BazSpur wrote:Pardew? Nah, not for me Lew. You say yourself Newcastle will drop away. Jordan and Bond is a good shout and as you say it keeps continuity. I gave Coyle a chance but as you say he has fallen by the way side. Maybe more to do with the players he has to work with than him, himself though.

You just know that is going to happen eh baz ! but kudos to pardew he has made a flying start.
    Thats my choice really, bond and jordan, a new outside bloke would mess the team about, and it would be start all over again when we have progressed over the last couple of seasons, i know we dropped a place but even the players have admitted they prioritised the cl so i dont see that as not progression.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 24 2011, 22:35

Mr Plums. wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Pardew? Nah, not for me Lew. You say yourself Newcastle will drop away. Jordan and Bond is a good shout and as you say it keeps continuity. I gave Coyle a chance but as you say he has fallen by the way side. Maybe more to do with the players he has to work with than him, himself though.

You just know that is going to happen eh baz ! but kudos to pardew he has made a flying start.
    Thats my choice really, bond and jordan, a new outside bloke would mess the team about, and it would be start all over again when we have progressed over the last couple of seasons, i know we dropped a place but even the players have admitted they prioritised the cl so i dont see that as not progression.

I don't think it will be Bond, no doubt if Arry get the England job he will want to have an assistant manager and coaches he will want to work with people he knows no doubt about it Bond will go with Arry jordan might remain at the club .

I'm all for getting someone with experience in the premier league , i think Roy Hodgeson is getting to old so i would be looking at someone with a bit of knowledge who could give the club 10 15 years , chopping n changing ever couple years is for the likes of chelsea we as a club should be looking long term not a quick fix when arry leaves , if he gets the call that is.

I also read yesterday qatar or some middle eastern country has offered Copello 30 million to manage them from January on wards o_0

Also Arry would want to leave us in a great position in the league and to get us back into the top 4 the fans would be happy levy would be happy and arry would be happy, then spend the summer finding a new manager, but not Bond thanks

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 00:35

I think that after all the options we have to hope harry doesnt get the national managers job.
    I wouldnt want hodgson, although the bloke is good on a tight budget as he proved at fulham, liverpool was a no go and i am glad the bloke is doing ok at wba.
    O,neil falls out with chairmen,but martinez ? hmmmmmmmmmm, reckon wigan would squeeze us for a few million and i reckon he has potential, he must be doing something right at wigan.
    I like old warnock but i reckon he would be another pleat, he even sounds like pleat.
    Nahhhhhhhh ! harry to stay hopefully.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 02:29

owen coyle no thanks. harry will be here withing next 3 years mark my words

great shout about allan pardrew. when he went to newcastle my mate who supports them wernt happy and i said he will do them good. the guy has passion always jumpin up and down on touchline. the spammers made a mistake getting rid of him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 21:49