The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Next manager EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Next manager EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Next manager EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Next manager EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Next manager EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Next manager EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Next manager EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Next manager EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Next manager EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Next manager Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
BazSpur
totalytot
6 posters

Next manager

Next manager Empty Next manager

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 05:35

LOL I'm going to play Devil's advocate here Next manager 839792 . Should the meeja maelstrom surrounding 'arry and the Mickey Mousers magically come true lets have a lil game of guess the next manager. 2 guesses guys. 1 a realistic possibility and the 2nd a pie-in-the-sky, dreams cost nothing, what the hell it's a nice idea kinda guess Next manager 933444 . Im going for . . . . . . .

1/ Roy Hodgson, English and has a proven track record. Like 'arry I think he would relish the chance to manage on the 'big stage'.
    2/ Johan Cruyff, because I can .

Next manager Empty Re: Next manager

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 06:09

Juande Ramos Next manager Lol

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 06:22

im sure levy has already thut a few years down the line, 1 maybe, about who the next manager will be, harrys done a top job but next season will be the make or break of him, european football brings its own issues and harry and staff will have to be on there game, if they fail, lets say no top 4 finish and an early exit from europe, he will be sacked or he will resign im sure, then this appointment is the major 1, if the next guy takes u forward that is where u wanna be, this if harry fails of course. i think yids will go for a big name european manager, this time next year.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jun 08 2010, 06:41

As I said in another post earlier Harry is going nowhere.But i'll play the game for a bit of fun. Hodgson is not for me, I think he had a good season this time but I still don't think he is a manager for a top club and if he goes to L'pool as most of the media seem to think he will I believe he will struggle. Remember he was unsucessful at Blackburn a few seasons ago and has never stayed at clubs for long. A year ago I would have said O'Neill but I think he has blown a good position twice now with Villa and some of the players he wants to buy or has bought are strange to say the least.
    If we had to look for a manager for the start of the season I would go for Hiddink. I think he is tactically excellent and he is a strong disiplinarian and all top managers have that strong streak that keeps the players in line and the mind on the job.
    Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 08 2010, 06:58

Are we talking realistically about who we could get or are we playing fantasy lets name a manager? Lol. Realistically I suppose we would be looking at the likes of MON or Mark Hughes etc (Waiting for flak lol) Fantasy wise Jose Mourinho or Guus Hiddink. end of.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 11:33

in a dream world id want jose. but other then that id want gus hiddink
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Jun 08 2010, 19:45

1. wenger .he would win the league with our squad in 2 years.
    2.mourhino
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 08 2010, 21:32

Wenger Shear? He would suffer the same fate as GG mate. It would be a no go.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 08 2010, 21:56

[quote="totalytot"]As I said in another post earlier Harry is going nowhere.But i'll play the game for a bit of fun. Hodgson is not for me, I think he had a good season this time but I still don't think he is a manager for a top club and if he goes to L'pool as most of the media seem to think he will I believe he will struggle. Remember he was unsucessful at Blackburn a few seasons ago and has never stayed at clubs for long. A year ago I would have said O'Neill but I think he has blown a good position twice now with Villa and some of the players he wants to buy or has bought are strange to say the least.
    If we had to look for a manager for the start of the season I would go for Hiddink. I think he is tactically excellent and he is a strong disiplinarian and all top managers have that strong streak that keeps the players in line and the mind on the job.
    Mikey M

Took the words right out of my mouth there Mikey, Guus Hiddink was the man who taught Mourinho everything he knows. He's been in just about every top league out there ................ Except the biggest. I reckon he'd love a shot at the PL with the squad we have in place.

If not him then 'The Special One' himself. Despite this belief that he plays negative Football, the goals per game ratio of his teams is actually rather high. Even if it weren't, I could swallow a little negativity for a lot of success, particularly if it put us on top of the pile in Europe.

But Guus would be my first choice, tactically brilliant, an astute man manager, clever in the market, would attract players that might look elsewhere were it a 'lesser' name and he brooks about as much nonsense from his players as SAF does. Did you see the dressing down he gave to Robben when he substituted him in the semi after Robben was on a Hat trick?

This guy takes no prisoners.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 04:22

not getting gus mixed up with van gaaul, there are we ion.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jun 09 2010, 07:44

[quote="burger777"]not getting gus mixed up with van gaaul, there are we ion.

That I am Burger.

I'll get me coat.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 17:56

no worries, mines been on since i had a bet that walcot would play more minutes in the world cup than lennon. lol

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 18:31

burger777 wrote:no worries, mines been on since i had a bet that walcot would play more minutes in the world cup than lennon. lol

Psssssssssttttttttttttttt what bet Burgs lol ? Aaron aint played just yet . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 09 2010, 20:07

Next manager Lol
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Wed Jun 09 2010, 21:28

Ooops !!!!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 23:11

burger777 wrote:im sure levy has already thut a few years down the line, 1 maybe, about who the next manager will be, harrys done a top job but next season will be the make or break of him, european football brings its own issues and harry and staff will have to be on there game, if they fail, lets say no top 4 finish and an early exit from europe, he will be sacked or he will resign im sure, then this appointment is the major 1, if the next guy takes u forward that is where u wanna be, this if harry fails of course. i think yids will go for a big name european manager, this time next year.

Gawd blimey burgs , where do you get your ideas from ?
    So harry having just got us into the champions league is now walking the managerial tightrope if he doesnt deliver.
    Levy isnt such a mug mate ! he knows he has a gem and will pencil out a new contract for harry probably before the new season is upon us.
    Why ? when levy has said the foreign manager appointment road has been driven down and failed would he then go and appoint another twat who cant speak to the players because they are either too thick or just cant be bothered to learn the tongue of the country they are earning a packet in.

You want to make it sound like we are in crisis again if harry doesnt deliver and soon.lol, lets just see what happens in the close season, and see who we sign and sell before we start talking about harry being sacked.......in any case i would have thought wenger is the one who has to do something and soon, otherwise he will be out on his french a*se.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10 2010, 01:39

VisionarySound wrote:
    burger777 wrote:no worries, mines been on since i had a bet that walcot would play more minutes in the world cup than lennon. lol

Psssssssssttttttttttttttt what bet Burgs lol ? Aaron aint played just yet . . . . . . .
    no need to drag out the inevitable vis lol, name your charity please and the hopefully we can move on, as if lol. but before we get too crazy on the winde ups can i just remind u and others that this is vis getting equal with me after his bet with crouch and bent and who scores the most goals, now admittedly crouch gave vis a run for his money but the bet was over by the end of october, so not excactly a photo finish, and if this bet was placed in the bookies, i would be getting my money back as walcot would be declared a non runner, but im a charitable guy so i wont use rule 315 in this case.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10 2010, 07:24

Burgs I had arsenil finishing below Spurs, I believe the goal scorers was with other posters . . . . . ..

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10 2010, 08:09

i beg your pudding vis.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10 2010, 08:30

Burgs get ya coat . . . . . . .
    LOL I believe Ion is on cloakroom duty . . . . . ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jun 10 2010, 09:00

Next manager Lol Vis.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10 2010, 17:23

i won that much money off yids last season i forgot whats what. lol
    thfc4us
    thfc4us