The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
MarkA249
cstmrsking
djfitzo
LOBO
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
10 posters

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Match Thread Vs Aston Villa - Page 4 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Aston Villa

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:57

VisionarySound wrote:BANG ON BAZZA. Read that glass half-full merchants and weep your bitter tears of self defeat . . . .

p*sses me right off Vis. It's because it's Spurs and we have forgotten our place in football. Always to be in the shadow of others and we should read the script. We can't play like that, the script says so apparently. Well f*ck that for a game of soldiers, We just tore the script up. End of the season we may not get top 4 but at the moment it's us setting the Prem alight with our play. 9 games 8 wins and a draw. Is that all down to luck? Is it f*ck lol.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 23 2011, 10:11

History eh cheers

Yes Nic something you goons are very good at. I've seen them on facebook fella. Always reminding us we won the league in "black and white," which incidentally isn't true because as far as I know we could all see in colour all those years ago. Another one is "You aint won the FA cup since 91" The Carling cup don't count as a trophy apparently in goon land pmsl. Personally I couldn't care less about history or when Wilshire was born. It's the here and now I am interested in. The present day Nic and in the present day we are flying. But you goons love your history and love telling us how many trophies you have won compared to us and how we are forever in your shadow. It means nothing to me Nic. We haven't won as many as you and you haven't won as many as Liverpool or Manure. So what? It's the here and now mate. Stop getting bogged down in history no one else cares apart from you goons. No one cares that you haven't won a trophy for nearly 7 years Nic. I don't even worry about playing you goons anymore, why should I it's just another game and it means no more to us that any other game we play. It might have meant something in the past but not now. You lot are just in the queue to play us the same as any other team in the Prem.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 10:18

baz we not hit form yet. we can player better . we created more chances the season we got 4th. we scored more aswell

all im saying is that a game we expeted to win and we did.
    we got to keep this up and then beat chelsea
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 23 2011, 10:22

Yep, I agree Lought. No argument from me there.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Nov 23 2011, 10:29

I entirely agree Baz - not a Facebook football fan - too much obscenity
    It is the here and now as you say
    The statement of a Spud fan that what he dreamed about was finishing above AFC in thd PL was clearly the sad ravings of a lunatic
    And May is the finish line not November
    Aye it's the truth

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 23 2011, 10:36

Yep, May is the finishing line Nic but nothing wrong with dreaming. I dream of winning the Lotto mate but the chances are very, very slim. More chance of winning the PL I would say but probably won't have that dream realised this season either. No, I'll just settle for top 4 and a place in the CL if we continue playing well.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 10:42

Loughtonlegend wrote:baz we not hit form yet. we can player better . we created more chances the season we got 4th. we scored more aswell

all im saying is that a game we expeted to win and we did.
    we got to keep this up and then beat chelsea

WTF ? all im saying is that a game we expeted to win and we did.. WTF ? Me is confused.com . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 10:43

anicoll5 wrote:I entirely agree Baz - not a Facebook football fan - too much obscenity
    It is the here and now as you say
    The statement of a Spud fan that what he dreamed about was finishing above AFC in thd PL was clearly the sad ravings of a lunatic
    And May is the finish line not November
    Aye it's the truth

WTF ???
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Nov 23 2011, 11:13

It is hardly the matter of dreams Vis - it will right happen or not
    It will not make the slightest difference in respect of your faith in your team, or my support of Arsenal

Be fair do you imagine for one second, given the past decade and a half, even one a*se fan thinks about where Spuds finish ?

Chelsea perhaps - Manyoo often - but Spuds ?

Why !

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 11:37

last jan we was so far ahead of chelsea, man u didnt look good and we went on to have an awfull time from jan to may.

im hoping this season will be differnt.
    man u and chelsea look poor.
    arsneal will struggle if rvp gets injurid.

man c should win the league. manchin rotates hes squad around and all 3 of hes strikers are scoring.

this is where harry goes wrong. he played the same 11 and will continue to do so. we have the bigest sqaud but play the same team.

parker needs a rest sometimes or he will get burnt out.
    sandro needs games.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Nov 23 2011, 12:21

Loughtonlegend wrote:we need to be more ruthless. shay given didnt have many saves to make

By ruthless do you mean scoring goals that he is unable to save?

Well I'd say we 'ruthlessly' produced 2 of them.

kaboul done well again

Is that it for your praise Lought? Does it cause you pain?

11 players gave Villa a Footballing lesson and the sum total of your praise is 'Kaboul done well again.' Yet, you'll spend days hunting down articles and repeating yourself constantly when calling out the failings of the team.

Ah well, give thanks for small blessings I suppose.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Nov 23 2011, 12:24

Loughtonlegend wrote:
    Friedel - 7. Done what was needed.

Walker - 7. Got forward and supported Lennon very well. Kept Agbonlahor in his pocket.
    Kaboul - 9. Monster. Cleared everything. great speed to catch up to abonlahor and get that tackle in
    King - 7. Played second fiddle to Kaboul today, but kept it neat and tidy.
    BAE - 8. Superb game. Excellent distribution.

Lennon - 7. Looked sharp and is working well with Walker.
    Parker - 8 another great performance. he gives hes all

Modric - 8. Pulled the strings with some sublime movement and passing.
    Bale - 8. Looking close to what we saw at his best.

Ade - 8. Two goals, but should have had more. Some great hold up play and tracking back.
    VdV -6 tried silly shots.

much needed clean sheet. i think we would of murderd them if defoe had started.

west brom next.

My apologies Lought, a bit too quick to criticise you with the earlier post, before I'd read further on.

Nice assessment.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Nov 23 2011, 18:28

Nice assessment.... on giving VDV a 6 thats almost as much of a P*ss take as The Sun's rating of 5 for Modric. VDV was exceptional last night popping up all over the field, he must have covered every blade of grass at WHL on Monday. A superb performance by Spurs and all this "Villa were rubbish" talk pfffftt, we made them poor gave then no ball time and when they did get it we closed down quickly and retrieved the ball. A classy classy show from Spurs i dont give a sh*t waht the critics say, the gooner or Lought say we was magnificent!!! crest
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 23 2011, 21:22

Lought, first of all you say we didnt create much, but we have pointed out many chances created.
    Now you want more rotation, teams are better when players know each others games inside out.
    Scott Parker plays one game a week, why rotate him, if and when we get through qualifying in Europe and we have to play a stronger squad, then i'm sure Harry will mix things up a bit.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 23 2011, 21:28

anicoll5 wrote:It is hardly the matter of dreams Vis - it will right happen or not
    It will not make the slightest difference in respect of your faith in your team, or my support of Arsenal

Be fair do you imagine for one second, given the past decade and a half, even one a*se fan thinks about where Spuds finish ?

Chelsea perhaps - Manyoo often - but Spuds ?

Why !

Thats rubbish mate.
    I got a comp ticket last year when the bar codes beat you 1-0 at yours and was standing next to Gooners on the train
    home and in most sentences Spurs were mentioned, maybe they were the only two eh? It still matters, saw the faces
    in the crowd when Kabouls header went in.

And what about the last decade and a half, are you forgeting recently when youve struggled to take points off of us.

And it matters to Wilshere or why would he open his trap about making a paltry donation to charity.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:09

Don't get me wrong Dave there are still plenty of the "stand up if you hate Tottenham" brigade but it does not really bother me or most AFC fans - for others though they like to cling on to the old traditions

Back before the PL fair enough it was an evening contest with Spuds and us among the pack chasing Liverpool usually and picking ip the odd trophy, one year you would finish above us, the next us above you

But fifteen years of one way traffic - for ten of which you never managed a win - has rather dulled the contest
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:12

If it matters so little why are you constantly reminding us?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:21

Of course it matters to them. You should see the vitriol on facebook coming at us from the goons.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:30

anicoll5 wrote:Don't get me wrong Dave there are still plenty of the "stand up if you hate Tottenham" brigade but it does not really bother me or most AFC fans - for others though they like to cling on to the old traditions

Back before the PL fair enough it was an evening contest with Spuds and us among the pack chasing Liverpool usually and picking ip the odd trophy, one year you would finish above us, the next us above you

But fifteen years of one way traffic - for ten of which you never managed a win - has rather dulled the contest

How do you get that as fifteen years of one way traffic

04.10.2011 H Premier League 2 - 1 van der Vaart, Walker 36,274
    20.04.2011 H Premier League 3 - 3 van der Vaart 2 (1p), Huddlestone 36,168
    20.11.2010 A Premier League 3 - 2 Bale, van der Vaart (p), Kaboul 60,102
    14.04.2010 H Premier League 2 - 1 Rose, Bale 36,041
    31.10.2009 A Premier League 0 - 3 - 60,103
    08.02.2009 H Premier League 0 - 0 - 36,021
    29.10.2008 A Premier League 4 - 4 Bentley, Bent, Jenas, Lennon 60,043
    22.12.2007 A Premier League 1 - 2 Berbatov 60,087
    15.09.2007 H Premier League 1 - 3 Bale 36,053
    21.04.2007 H Premier League 2 - 2 Keane, Jenas 36,050

In last 4 seasons

Spurs 3 wins
    Arsenal 3 wins
    4 draws

hardly one way traffic.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:42

I was referring to the 15+ years since Spuds finished above us Dave, and the 10 years between the last win you had at the Lane in Autumn 99 and the Danny Rose game in April 10 - no local derby in English football - in Manchester,London, Liverpool, Birmingham, Tyne Wear etc has ever gone ten years with one side failing to pick up at least one win - past couple of seasons your results have been good - another eight years and you will be able to say the same in terms of a "one sided" phase

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:44

As I said Baz there are still plenty of the "stand up if you hate Tottenham" crowd - most are about 15 years old and - and as you rightly say - mainly brave in cyberspace

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:48

Thing is the Dave the goners like to pretend that we don't matter as they see us as not good enough to challenge. All to do with their air of smugness & superiority, but we do matter to them, we really do. Just jealous because we come from a place called Tottenham in north London and they come from a place called arsenil. Oh yeah I forgot there isn't a place called arsenil lmao . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 23 2011, 23:02

anicoll5 wrote:
    I was referring to the 15+ years since Spuds finished above us Dave, and the 10 years between the last win you had at the Lane in Autumn 99 and the Danny Rose game in April 10 - no local derby in English football - in Manchester,London, Liverpool, Birmingham, Tyne Wear etc has ever gone ten years with one side failing to pick up at least one win - past couple of seasons your results have been good - another eight years and you will be able to say the same in terms of a "one sided" phase

Ah but from going from losing most games and finishing below Arsenal, in the last 4 seasons (not two) honours even and getting much closer to finishing above you and your still trying to say most Gooners are not bothered, that comfort zone of almost knowing what happens before a game with Spurs has long gone.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Nov 23 2011, 23:21

Last four seasons Dave ? Check your figures again mate - the first time Spuds beat us at the Lane was in April 10.

On the more general point I thought the Jol team could well have managed to finish in a CL place. After a strong season though you faded in the next.

Never mind when finally you do manage to finish above AFC you can celebrate into the wee small hours jocolor

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 23 2011, 23:39

anicoll5 wrote:Last four seasons Dave ? Check your figures again mate - the first time Spuds beat us at the Lane was in April 10.

On the more general point I thought the Jol team could well have managed to finish in a CL place. After a strong season though you faded in the next.

Never mind when finally you do manage to finish above AFC you can celebrate into the wee small hours jocolor

Youve moved the goal posts again, who said anything about winning? I was just referring to it being one way traffic for fifteen years.

I have better things to do then that Nic, if we finish above you, good, if we dont and get 3rd or 4th thats all i care about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 07:12