The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
ionman34
HotspurRoper
8 posters

Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town

Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town Empty Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:29

Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg Versus Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town Cheltenham_Town_FC_logo

At

Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town 170px-White_Hart_Lane_Jan_2008

Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town BudweiserRibbons2

Sponsered By (oh dearie me what has football sold it's soul to ?)

Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town 225px-Budweiser.svg

07/01/12
    Kick Off @ 1500hrs GMT

Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Cheltenham Town

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:36

Now Peeps, those who sometimes follow my posts will know that this is a competition that I hold dear to my Spurs heart. I would take this Cup above a top 4 finish ! Yup, I would ! Shoot me down now lol. There are no previous meetings between the 2 clubs that I can find but this is not a fixture that I feel we should take lightly. I want to see the strongest team possible and make sure we make passage into the 4th round . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:38

Cheltenham Town unfazed by Tottenham challenge - Yates

Mark Yates has praised his Cheltenham players for remaining undaunted by their FA Cup game with Tottenham.

The Robins travel to White Hart Lane on Saturday for their third round tie having picked up 11 points from their last five League Two games.

"What has impressed me is their attitude since the draw was made," manager Yates told BBC Gloucestershire.

"A lot of teams would have stumbled but we've gone five games unbeaten against some really tough opposition."

He continued: "That just shows the mental strength, concentration and focus we have in the group."

Cheltenham finished 17th in the table last season but have shown huge signs of improvement this campaign - claiming 15 victories from their 24 league games to leave them just a point behind leaders Crawley.

And Yates says the tie with Spurs, who sit 67 places above the Robins in the league standings, is a reward for their efforts so far.

"We're in a good place at the moment," he added. "The boys have been magnificent all season - this team just keeps producing.

"The fans and players deserve a trip to White Hart Lane which they can enjoy.

"It's going to be one hell of a tough game for us on Saturday but we are going to try and do ourselves justice and do everyone proud."

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:55

Cheltenham's FA Cup tie at Spurs a 'massive' cash boost - Baker

Cheltenham Town chairman Paul Baker has said his side's third round FA Cup tie against Tottenham Hotspur will provide a "six-figure sum" for his side.

The Robins beat Luton Town in the second round to secure an eighth consecutive away win and a lucrative trip to White Hart Lane.

"It was amazing, it's a dream tie," Baker told BBC Radio Gloucestershire.

"I can't even begin to work out what it might generate but it should be a six-figure sum," he said.

"That will be a massive boost for the club."

Cheltenham struggled financially last season - particularly during a cold spell which meant the Robins played just three home games in 10 weeks - and Baker admitted the FA Cup cash injection would have a great impact at the club.

"Financially for us it's massive," he continued.

"There should be a decent crowd there, [and the] total gates less VAT, less expenses and then the balance is virtually shared between the clubs.

"After three years of pretty gruesome stuff on and off the field it's a delight to look forward to."

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:56

It's a banana skin in the making but the 3rd round still holds a certain, special magic for every football fan in the land . . . . .

Last edited by VisionarySound on Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:57; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:56

i think we should play a strong ish team
    i would give ade a rest and put him on the bench. i assume galas will be out. hopefully save king for everton

cudichini
    charlie dawson bassong rose
    vdv livermoor modric kranker
    pav defoe
    sub gomez kaboul ade lennon falque gio walker

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:57

not won this cup since 91.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Jan 04 2012, 18:18

Vis like you stated in your 1st post "what has football sold it soul to?" The highest bidder, a long time ago my friend. For me the F.A cup has lost it magic, i remember sitting on a Saturday afternoon with my brothers and my Dad watching Grandstand (i think) waiting for the 3rd round draw to be made, all those David v Goliath clashes over the years, its what the magic of THE CUP was all about. You just dont get that any more and that why for me the Cup has lost it sparkle
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jan 05 2012, 00:58

We're not in a position to mess around here. At the moment we are within touching distance of the Holy Grail and placing too high a priority on this game could really derail us.

I'd treat this in exactly the same way as we treated the Europa League and play our second string. If they are unable to get the result against Cheltenham then they don't deserve to be wearing the Lillywhite. Rest every single one of the first team for this.

Would that be construed as rotation?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 05 2012, 02:33

I agree with ion. I wouldn't play any of the first team. We need everyone fit to push on against Everton. Having said that maybe give the likes of Dawson and Lennon a run out as lought suggested.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Jan 05 2012, 03:45

Dawson will play v Cheltenham deffo,
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jan 06 2012, 02:15

ionman34 wrote:We're not in a position to mess around here. At the moment we are within touching distance of the Holy Grail and placing too high a priority on this game could really derail us.

I'd treat this in exactly the same way as we treated the Europa League and play our second string. If they are unable to get the result against Cheltenham then they don't deserve to be wearing the Lillywhite. Rest every single one of the first team for this.

Would that be construed as rotation?

All the above!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jan 06 2012, 02:55

------------ Carlo
    Corluka - Dawson - Bassong - Rose
    ------Livermore -- Carroll
    ------------Kranjcar
    Lennon ---- Pav ---- Falque

Is it seven subs in the FA Cup ?

subs
    Gomes
    Walker
    Kaboul
    Luongo
    Ceballos
    Pritchard
    Defoe
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 06 2012, 04:10

What about Coulibali? (Spelling) Lots of Yids would like to see him in action.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 05:56

i wana see falque start.

also i think vdv will play a part as he was upset he was not in uefa cup sqaud. maybe a last chance for gio

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 06:15

Spurs boss hints at FA Cup team selection

Harry Redknapp has named a number of the players who will start Tottenham’s FA Cup third-round tie against Cheltenham Town on Saturday.

The Spurs boss has played his best available side throughout the busy festive period but, with three games in the next 10 days, he admits that he will rest his stars against the Lilywhite's League Two visitors this weekend.

"I have to rest a few, I can't keep playing the same players. We have a tough run coming up," said the manager.

"Hopefully Michael [Dawson] will play on Saturday, and Aaron [Lennon] could be fit. He's training so we have to get a game into him on Saturday if we can.

"People like Steven Pienaar and Danny Rose will play. [Niko] Kranjcar needs a game and then theres [Roman] Pavlyuchenko. They will play."

Redknapp is also likely to give Carlo Cudicini or Heurelho Gomes an outing in goal, while Sebastien Bassong is in line to partner Dawson in central defence.

Vedran Corluka should replace Kyle Walker, who has played 25 times for club and country in the first half of the season.

With Scott Parker, Sandro and Tom Huddlestone all in the treatment room, Jake Livermore is set to start in central midfield.

Tom Carroll or Kranjcar may also be required to fill in in the centre, while Giovani Dos Santos looks set to feature.

Jermain Defoe played the full 90 minutes against West Brom on Tuesday but, having recently recovered from injury, the striker is sure to be raring to go again as he bids to add to his 10-goal tally for the season.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Jan 06 2012, 18:05

TOM CARROLL!!! His name has been doing my head in for days, couldnt remember it. Could turn out to be a real star this kid!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 06 2012, 18:08

Wait til you get to my age Lee. Can't even remember what day it is half the time lol.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Jan 06 2012, 18:09

Its Tuesday Baz!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 06 2012, 18:11

Cheers mate, I was just wondering lol.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jan 07 2012, 00:15

wonder what the crowd size will be tomorow, 27000 ?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07 2012, 02:16

I reckon the crowd size will be OK Shear. A lot of people will be looking to pick up tickets when normally they may struggle to do so and be looking to see a, hopefully, convincing Spurs win. LOL maybe we should get Ropes to do a predictions extra on the crowd size ? I'm going for 34,000 . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jan 07 2012, 04:30

Love the new avatar Shear. REPPED.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07 2012, 05:06

lets hope the fans that go do better thenthey did aganst blackburn and make some noise
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jan 07 2012, 06:11

Loughtonlegend wrote:lets hope the fans that go do better thenthey did aganst blackburn and make some noise
    blacburn, lought ??? drunken

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 14:01