The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Newcastle United EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Newcastle United Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
djfitzo
MarkA249
anicoll5
DJSR
shearspur
BazSpur
10 posters

Match Thread Vs Newcastle United

Match Thread Vs Newcastle United Empty Match Thread Vs Newcastle United

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09 2012, 09:49

Match Thread Vs Newcastle United 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg Versus Match Thread Vs Newcastle United 175px-Newcastle_United_Logo.svg

At

Match Thread Vs Newcastle United 300px-White_Hart_Lane_from_South_End

Match Thread Vs Newcastle United 150px-Premier_League.svg

11/02/12
    Kick Off @ 1730hrs GMT

Match Thread Vs Newcastle United Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Newcastle United

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 05:40

time to bump this baby up
    team news.
    so much for vdv commming off as a percution aganst wigan
    hes still out.
    king out.

good news is lennon and defoe is back
    time to go 442 time for some goals

brad
    walker daws kaboul mr cool
    kranker parker modric bale
    vdv defoe
    subs cudichini jake saha gio lennon

i dont think kranker derserves to get dropped after hes fine performace aganst liverpool.

he tracked back well and loads of neat passing and it was hes pass that set bale up

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 08:07

Strange how posters aren't intrested in this game ! The owners change things around to suit and yet nothing happens here . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 11 2012, 09:31

I'm interested Vis. Now we can put all the Arry tax thing behind us no matter whether he was guilty or not. I hope now the lads will respond positively and push on and guarentee top 4 at least. A good win over Newcastle will stand us in good stead.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 09:36

we are due a big win. plus they have a few inportant players out. and that dirty git is still away at the afraican nations.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Feb 11 2012, 09:52

and we will see if the team has been affected in the wrong way by all the harry Bollox in the media, i really hope not, fingers crossed for a good result.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 03:24

Tottenham V Newcastle

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham duo Jermain Defoe and Aaron Lennon are fit but Ledley King, Younes Kaboul and Sandro are doubts, and Rafael van der Vaart is ruled out.

Harry Redknapp returns to the dugout, having missed the game at Liverpool after his flight was cancelled.

Newcastle are without Ryan Taylor, who was stretchered off against Aston Villa with a badly swollen ankle.

Leon Best is out for six weeks with medial ligament damage, while Yohan Cabaye completes a three-game ban.
    MATCH PREVIEW

Can I look into my crystal ball here and ask a cheeky question: will Alan Pardew be the next manager of Tottenham Hotspur? The 'Harry Redknapp for England' bandwagon is going to take some stopping now and everything he has said over the last couple of years suggests that Redknapp will push for an amicable way out of White Hart Lane to take the England job once the season is over.
    England have only one friendly arranged between now and the end of the Premier League season, and Stuart Pearce is filling the gap for that game against the Dutch. Redknapp could be named as successor whilst continuing at Spurs for now, knowing that he can move seamlessly from one job to the other in time for the friendly in Norway on 26 May, followed by the European Championship.

So where would that leave Spurs? There would certainly be a scramble across Europe to take over such a squad but, like the FA, I feel they have had their fill of foreign managers. Christian Gross, Jacques Santini and Juande Ramos were all derided; Martin Jol was popular but not quite successful enough.

No, I am pretty sure the next Tottenham manager will be British. He will need to possess a successful CV without having his best years behind him. He will need to have shown that he can work under intense pressure and win over a public who, unhappy at the loss of his predecessor, may not immediately be on his side.

I might as well be writing Alan Pardew's CV. He even played for Spurs. Before you tell me I am talking nonsense, yes he did. He played four times in the Intertoto Cup of 1995, having just been released by Charlton and before joining Barnet. What you may not find on his CV was that one of those games was Spurs' record defeat, 8-0 at Cologne!

If all that were to happen, then who next for Newcastle? What's Fabio Capello up to? Only joking - I think!

I am really looking forward to this game. Both Tottenham and Newcastle are enjoying marvellous seasons and the atmosphere after such a tumultuous week for Redknapp should be one to savour. The only prediction I am willing to make is that, whilst I am wearing 10 layers of thermals on the gantry, the Geordie fan with the Tyne Bridge tattooed on his belly will be going topless!
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Tottenham have only lost one of their last six league and cup games against Newcastle.
    The Magpies won 3-2 at White Hart Lane in 2006-07 and 4-1 the following season, but have lost their subsequent two games away to Spurs.
    Newcastle have failed to keep a clean sheet in their previous 14 league games against Tottenham. Their last shut-out against Spurs came in a 4-0 home win in December 2003.

Tottenham

Spurs' goalless draw with Liverpool was the first time they had failed to score in 23 Premier League games.
    Opta statistics show that Luka Modric has received 1,436 passes this season, more than any other Premier League player.
    Emmanuel Adebayor has failed to score since Christmas, a run of eight games.
    Tottenham have claimed 29 points from their 12 home league games this season - only Manchester City (36) have a better record.
    Spurs have drawn 99 home games in the Premier League.
    Rafael van der Vaart, who celebrates his 29th birthday on Saturday, could make his 50th Premier League appearance.

Newcastle

The Magpies have won four of their last five league games.
    They have kept clean sheets in five of their previous nine top-flight matches.
    Newcastle have claimed 42 points from their opening 24 Premier League matches. It is their best start to a season since the 2002-03 campaign, when they had 45 points after 24 games, and went on to finish third to secure a place in the Champions League qualifying round.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Feb 12 2012, 04:16

Link for the game, Enjoy!! >>>> CLICK HERE

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 04:30

Saha in front of Defoe ? Odd . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 04:31

COYS . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 04:36

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/6816

Using this one, English but very laggy . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 04:38

5 minutes & 2-0. Yiddos. LOL obvious why Saha started . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 04:52

Saha. Super Spur . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 05:06

Kranky & 4. Sweet . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Feb 12 2012, 05:19

Delicately balanced at half time - gamblers in Malaysia piling money on Toon apparently Wink

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 05:22

Superb 45 minutes of football from us. Adabayour and 4 assists ? Thats as good as a goal from him. There is no fault or criticism that can be made of anyone. Except Scotty Parker LOL. Still ain't scored and got booked as well . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 05:23

The big fat head of Ray Winstone reckons Saha is 8/1 to get a hat-trick. Lord help us now . . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Feb 12 2012, 05:25

King Louie whos Pav? Newcastle r shocking how r they top 6 they r more open than a tarts legs have u heard the fans singing for redknapp to stay.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 05:26

I don't think they are that bad Mark. We are just unstoppable. Hot knife thro' butter . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Feb 12 2012, 05:29

LOL @ Nic.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 05:33

Be gob smacked if Barcodes can pull 4 goals back again against a team lol . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 05:55

Yes, Adabayour gets the goal he throughlly deserves . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 06:24

Quality victory . . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Feb 12 2012, 06:28

Adebaayor superb levy sign him levy levy sign him up all around great team performance

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 06:35

Excellent Mark. Redknapp will take In-Ger-Land to the euros as care-taker and return to continue the ever increasing upwardly advance of Spurs. Helped with the goal difference as well today but I do have to say that only 4 assists from Adabayour ? Why not 5 or 6. That really would have helped the goal difference. Scotty Parker yet again fails to score. Hoew many games now ? Friedel has yet to score. Paul Robinson scored for us so maybe we should buy him back ? King went off early. Retire him . . . . . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 17:26