The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move

Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move Empty Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13 2012, 12:30

Just reading on the Gooners' board, and saw a thread mooting the possibility of making a move for our talismanic striker.

The majority are saying "wouldn't want him back" but not really giving any sensible reason why, given that he clearly has one of the best strike/assist rates in the EPL, and there are a couple (mainly PISKIE) voices saying, "yes, it's a no-brainer."

Now, there are so many things wrong with that thread, and its sheer and utter arrogance, that I really don't know where to begin.

Okay, let's start at the very beginning - as it was for Arsenal.

Whinger loved the player and knew exactly what his talents were, but your a*rsehole fan-base drummed him out of the club... remember that? Why, on earth, would he ever want to go back to your club again? He seems, to me, to be an intelligent man, full of pride, and not someone to go crawling back to those that abused him. I'm sorry, but you've burnt your bridges, Gooners.

Remember how he celebrated his first goal against you? How he ran the full length of the pitch, sliding on his knees for a good 10 feet, to rest in front of the majority of your fans, arms held aloft in derision and joy? Remember that? Sure, there's an argument for saying that he should not have done it, but every single neutral knows that he did because of all the **** that your stupid fans put him through, all the abuse and petty put-downs.

So, forget it! Yours is the very last club he will ever play for.

Then there is the fact that Adebayor is likely only to want to play for a side that's in the CL. Sure, you are currently in 4th spot, on equal points with the Chavs (which, should it end that way, would give you the chance to play in the CL qualifier). But there is every chance that you won't be playing in the CL next season, and I'd still put the Chavs up as favourites to clinch it ahead of you, although I'd prefer it to be the Toon. Even if you manage to clinch 5th, I cannot see Adebayor wanting to play in the Thursday Night League.

Finally, there is the small matter of his having played with arguably one of the best midfields in Europe, this season. He's seen and felt what a delight it is to play fast, slick, flowing football with some of Europe's finest players, and he must know that the only way is up, for our squad. Why would any striker in his right mind want to give that up? Only a clueless Gooner would know, I'm sure

I'm not saying that Ade will remain with us, because there is a lot of hard bargaining to be done with £ity over the transfer fee, and with Ade over his wage demands. However, it is clear for even the thickest Gooner to see that Adebayor is happy with us - possibly as happy as he's ever been in his entire career. He is loved at our club, ours fans revere him not sneer at him, and he is playing for a club with a very bright future, with or without Harry.

For comedy value, I'd give that Gooner thread 8 out of 10. For incisive football discussion, I'd be lying if I said I thought it was worth more than 1.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move Empty Re: Adebayor - the Gooners are mooting as to whether or not they should make a move

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Feb 14 2012, 17:56

PMSL...... and they call us fickle!

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 22:00