The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
sack him - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
sack him - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
sack him - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
sack him - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
sack him - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
sack him - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
sack him - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
sack him - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
sack him - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

sack him - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
djfitzo
anicoll5
BazSpur
shearspur
8 posters

sack him

sack him - Page 2 Empty Re: sack him

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15 2012, 11:55

jose took over real last season and won 2 cups in hes first season then had time to get hes own team.
    did he spend loads at madrid. im not sure

but to overtake barce and doing it in style and scoring way more goals. thats some feat.

i just think we need a tough manager someone who puts the team first. someone whos not scared to make big decesions.
    bale has had a lot of poor games so why not start him on bench bring him on later.

if players or not giving 100precent he would be off the dugout and shout instrutions to them.

we have imo the best sqaud in the prem. but we dont use it
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 15 2012, 21:05

i just think we need a tough manager someone who puts the team first. someone whos not scared to make big decesions.

David Moyes anyone?

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Mar 15 2012, 21:39

Lought you say you think we have the strongest squad in the premiership yet you spend a large part of your posts lambasting Defoe, VDV, Bale et al now because you want Harry out it seems to have changed and H is at fault for everything. I'm confused.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 15 2012, 23:23

I know some don't want him but I would take Moyes if Arry goes. A tough, uncompromising manager who gets the best out of what he's got.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 16 2012, 00:18

BazSpur wrote:I know some don't want him but I would take Moyes if Arry goes. A tough, uncompromising manager who gets the best out of what he's got.

And he will have more at ours than the toffees
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 16 2012, 00:38

djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:so whos going to put up barce team compared to madrid then to balance it up

Why?
    You want Mourinho and his coach at Real Madrid and ive always maintained that his always had the squad and the money to change things, thats why I compared HIS current team to ours, so, do you still think he will come in and sweep everyone to one side with the squad he would inherit.

Sweep aside, no. Win the title, yes.

I firmly believe that Mourinho would win the title with our squad, plus a few additions, he wouldn't need many. TSO brings everything to the table, quality Football, tactics and, best of all, a desire and will to win. He currently manages, IMO, the most exciting team in the World, their Football is breathtaking more often than not. Yes he inherited WC players, but he turned them into a WC TEAM.

He would do that with us, I am utterly convinced of this.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 16 2012, 01:13

ionman34 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:so whos going to put up barce team compared to madrid then to balance it up

Why?
    You want Mourinho and his coach at Real Madrid and ive always maintained that his always had the squad and the money to change things, thats why I compared HIS current team to ours, so, do you still think he will come in and sweep everyone to one side with the squad he would inherit.

I firmly believe that Mourinho would win the title with our squad, plus a few additions, he wouldn't need many. TSO brings everything to the table, quality Football, tactics and, best of all, a desire and will to win. He currently manages, IMO, the most exciting team in the World, their Football is breathtaking more often than not. Yes he inherited WC players, but he turned them into a WC TEAM.

Unfortunately Ion, I really dont think we are on his radar, I could be wrong and you have to start with WC players and we have a lot fewer than Real Madrid, would Levy give him the funds to add to what we have.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 16 2012, 01:42

djfitzo wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Why?

Unfortunately Ion, I really dont think we are on his radar, I could be wrong and you have to start with WC players and we have a lot fewer than Real Madrid, would Levy give him the funds to add to what we have.

I'm convinced of that too. TSO won't need to tweak too much IMO, he'll augment with quality, not necessarily big names either.

Levy will back him to the hilt IMO.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 16 2012, 01:45

ionman34 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Why?

I'm convinced of that too. TSO won't need to tweak too much IMO, he'll augment with quality, not necessarily big names either.

One step at a time though mate, cos without Champs League footie, none of this will matter!!

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 16 2012, 01:51

djfitzo wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Why?

One step at a time though mate, cos without Champs League footie, none of this will matter!!

Indeed.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 16 2012, 01:52

Plus Arry seems to be starting to distance himself from the England job if reports are true. Maybe he's having second thoughts. If that's the case then I can't see Levy getting rid of Arry to bring in TSO although I could be wrong.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 01:57

david moyes who 3 days ago put our a weak team to play liverpool because they have a cup game the weekend.

our sqaud is good if we use the sqaud not player players untill they drop

bentley pinnar gio could all do a decent job
    defoe is best used as a sub.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 16 2012, 02:10

david moyes who 3 days ago put our a weak team to play liverpool because they have a cup game the weekend.

Good management Lought, he knows he wont get Euro footie through the league and they aint going down, so the fa cup is a good shout for them to get into Europe.

Also, should Harry take the England job and TSO not want to come to us for whatever reason, Moyes could do a very good job with our squad and like you say, we need someone that will not be afraid to make tough decisions.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 02:13

if he put our a weak team if he was our boss aganst arsenal he would get pelters from fans

they have 5 days off surley thats enought time

they could of beaten liverpool but like anouther british manager they lay down and die

if everton had won that game they would of gone above liverpool. now that would of meant more to the fans. lets hope they dont go out the fa cup or it might be hes turn to get some stick
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 16 2012, 02:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:if he put our a weak team if he was our boss aganst arsenal he would get pelters from fans

they have 5 days off surley thats enought time

they could of beaten liverpool but like anouther british manager they lay down and die

if everton had won that game they would of gone above liverpool. now that would of meant more to the fans. lets hope they dont go out the fa cup or it might be hes turn to get some stick

All about weighing up your options and what you can do with the squad that you have at your disposal, ours on paper is better than theirs, but he seems to be able to get a performance from his, more often then not.

One of the few teams to beat Citeh this season.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 02:43

but every season hes team start off crap
    hes had 10 years there to build a good team but its just averge team. they work hard and sometimes beat the big teams.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Mar 16 2012, 02:57

Moyes might have had a better team if he had not had to sell off Rooney, Lescott, Arteta, Andy Johnson and Pienaar

And those were often his best players

Not exactly a problem that Jose ever has had
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 16 2012, 03:39

Spot on Nic. Repped.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 07:07

jose dont have that problem because he dont put up with players not giving everything thats why hes team hardly lose.
    was it 1 home defeat in 4 years at chelsea

jose would get our team playing as a team. he woudnt need much money
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 16 2012, 20:36

Loughtonlegend wrote:jose dont have that problem because he dont put up with players not giving everything thats why hes team hardly lose.
    was it 1 home defeat in 4 years at chelsea

jose would get our team playing as a team. he woudnt need much money

But the same can be said of Moyes, you never hear of an Everton player stepping out of line.
    You can put their bad start every year down to the board of directors who continously sell their best players, year in year out and Moyes has to go and find repalcements and it takes them half a season to gel.
    No matter how much you want TSO, i just dont think he thinks we are big enough for him and if Harry takes the England job,as it looks likely, who else other than TSO is out there?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Mar 16 2012, 21:54

Its bad news lads

The big job Arry has always had in mind has come up this morning;

Rowan Williams has stepped down scratch

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17 2012, 01:13

If we finish 5th then it's just one of those things..Harry said.

IMO Jols nearly years were in a harder div then with a weaker sqaud....... ars*nal, Chelsea and Liverpool in chaos, transition and a dogged but uninspiring United.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Mar 17 2012, 09:25

sack him - Page 2 Article-1238325-07B2DD5F000005DC-477_468x466

Harry Redknapp, recently cleared of tax evasion charges

sack him - Page 2 Harry-Redknapp--007

Rowan Williams, Archbishop of a small Kent City
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Mar 17 2012, 09:27

sack him - Page 2 Emorecambe2

Eric Small-Lancashire-Town, part time body double for one of the above images.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content