The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Sack the manager EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Sack the manager EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Sack the manager EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Sack the manager EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Sack the manager EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sack the manager EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sack the manager EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Sack the manager EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Sack the manager EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Sack the manager Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
djfitzo
MarkA249
HotspurRoper
ionman34
SuneJim
LOBO
10 posters

Sack the manager

Poll

Sack 'arry

[ 1 ]
    Sack the manager Bar_left13%Sack the manager Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Sack the manager Bar_left87%Sack the manager Bar_right [87%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Sack the manager Bar_left0%Sack the manager Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Sack the manager Bar_left0%Sack the manager Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Poll closed

Sack the manager Empty Sack the manager

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 09:31

I'll start the thread then. Some seem to see 'arry as being at fault for recent results and are questioning his judgement and his ability to take the club any further, so as we haven't a vote of late I thought I would let democracy run it's course. I will be voting no. So a few iffy results and the fans are throwing their toys out the pram and blaming 'arry. Maybe we should look at players performances on the pitch tho' ? I shall be voting no as I just don't see what good a knee-jerk reaction would do the club. I know some feel 'arry 'as 'is 'art set on the England job so I've copy & pasted an article by Henry Winter below. Hopefully it will get a few people thinking about options & rash decisions. The choice is yours. The phone lines are open, voting ends in 60 days time. Vote cancelling is allowed but please fess up if you do & give your reason why. Voting via mobile may cost considerably more . . . . . . . .

Henry Winter: Tottenham can turn to Chris Hughton if England appoint Harry Redknapp
    When a lack of communication and esprit de corps in the England camp under Fabio Capello finally extinguishes any hopes of Euro 2012, the Football Association may well turn to Harry Redknapp.

After Capello, England will want a motivator such as Redknapp, his credentials enhanced by involvement in the Champions League.

Spurs’ unfortunate loss would be England’s gain but there’s an obvious replacement, a familiar face at the Lane.

One of their old lilywhite idols, a committed full-back who won two FA Cups and the Uefa Cup during 13 years playing for Spurs, is now looking increasingly at home in management. Chris Hughton has set Newcastle United up well tactically and mentally, producing good, hungry attacking football.

Hughton may not be deemed high profile enough yet for Spurs but by 2012, why not? Hughton loves Spurs and coached there for 14 years, including a six-game spell as caretaker in 1998.

After working for the soulless, penny-pinching regime of Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias, Hughton certainly deserves more caring employers.

Sack the manager Empty Re: Sack the manager

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 09:38

more then a few. no goals from harrys favorite striker. 1point from 9 games. our easy start on paper has backfired

won 2 of last 6 games

we shouldnt sack him yet not untill hiddink or jose want the job
    i feel harry was lucky last year in getting us 4th. hes not got much tactical nowledge.

most of us think hes a crook but now hes our manager they say hes not lol
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Nov 10 2010, 09:51

We cant blame the players, even Hanson said we have one of the best teams in the prem, so if we blame them shell we sack them as well or make a poll saying should we sack the players, nope the buck stops at Redkanpp, and lought 100% agree with you mate , no manager is bigger than Tottenham , and if the team is failing we cant blame the kit man or the players cos they players did ok tonight , we have to look at Harry im afraid like it or not, early days yes , time will tell if Harry turns it around.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Nov 10 2010, 09:58

Sack Harry how ridiculous,,,,,,,,, that has to be a joke surely. Yes we're having a couple of problems at the minute & some of them are his fault. But we've got so much expectation at the moment we're over reaching a few times.

Yes today we wanted a win & i wasn't very happy he only made one substitution but he decided he knew best. Plus at the end of the day we made plenty of chances & when we got our goal we looked like the game was ours.

But the goal we let in was just player mistakes,,, Kaboul & Gallas had a nightmare with that ball, leaving Gomes exposed & no chance. But that was individual error & nothing Harry could have done. So i don't want to see him blamed for that.

Plus as long as we're there or there abouts, when Defoe & Dawson return & the January transfer window looms,, we'll be fine so hold fire on this silly talk. I'll still shoot Harry down in flames when i think mistakes have been made, but he's the MAN FOR THE JOB! So that's a NO from me if you hadn't realised lol
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Nov 10 2010, 10:15

SuneJim wrote:Sack Harry how ridiculous,,,,,,,,, that has to be a joke surely. Yes we're having a couple of problems at the minute & some of them are his fault. But we've got so much expectation at the moment we're over reaching a few times.

Yes today we wanted a win & i wasn't very happy he only made one substitution but he decided he knew best. Plus at the end of the day we made plenty of chances & when we got our goal we looked like the game was ours.

But the goal we let in was just player mistakes,,, Kaboul & Gallas had a nightmare with that ball, leaving Gomes exposed & no chance. But that was individual error & nothing Harry could have done. So i don't want to see him blamed for that.

Plus as long as we're there or there abouts, when Defoe & Dawson return & the January transfer window looms,, we'll be fine so hold fire on this silly talk. I'll still shoot Harry down in flames when i think mistakes have been made, but he's the MAN FOR THE JOB! So that's a NO from me if you hadn't realised lol

Jim Redknapp isn't going to be sacked anytime soon, the argument really boils down to who is at fault for the teams poor performances of late, me and lought blame Redknapp because he is the manager and responsible for results, some people on here blame certain players , crouch inability to score and others blame other players, the bottom line is , if the players under perform the manager should get it in the neck, its always been the way of football , if teams fail the manager must take it on the chin, i don't see it anyother way , after all the players are under his orders to play how he wants them to play, if a team fails the manager gets stick and rightly so, cos when a team wins something people always say hes a good manager, but when a team fails we're not aloud to say anything bad thats calling the kettle black

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 10:23

its hes style of play that bothers me. he says we attack everyone. wich we clearly dont.

playing to defensiv midfeilders to stop bolton playing. they should be scared of us not the other way round.

he must of told bale and bentley to put in as many crosses as possible yet we hardly ever score from corners or crosses.

we have a good sqaud but he dont kno how to use them.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Nov 10 2010, 17:22

LOBO wrote:
    SuneJim wrote:Sack Harry how ridiculous,,,,,,,,, that has to be a joke surely. Yes we're having a couple of problems at the minute & some of them are his fault. But we've got so much expectation at the moment we're over reaching a few times.

Jim Redknapp isn't going to be sacked anytime soon, the argument really boils down to who is at fault for the teams poor performances of late, me and lought blame Redknapp because he is the manager and responsible for results, some people on here blame certain players , crouch inability to score and others blame other players, the bottom line is , if the players under perform the manager should get it in the neck, its always been the way of football , if teams fail the manager must take it on the chin, i don't see it anyother way , after all the players are under his orders to play how he wants them to play, if a team fails the manager gets stick and rightly so, cos when a team wins something people always say hes a good manager, but when a team fails we're not aloud to say anything bad thats calling the kettle black

Lobo, you are right about the criticism towards Redknapp when he gets it wrong. The problem I have is that it doesn't end at just criticism, it ends at 'Sack the Manager.' I understand and, to a degree, agree with the criticism, but it's the knee jerk 'Sack him' that really frustrates me. It seems that there is a zero tolerance attitude for mistakes, whether it be manager or player, and the standard answer is get rid.

I'm sure you can see that this is as far from 'constructive' as it gets.

My standpoint has never changed in that we need to have more patience and allow the team and management to get it all right. We need to accept that it won't necessarily happen in the timeframe that we, as fans, expect it to.

By all means offer criticism, it is one of the subjects on here that offers the best debate, but what I have trouble with is this attitude that sacking the manager is our way forward. You'd have thought by now that the realisation would be there that this 'solution' has not worked on any occasion that we've tried it. It also shows a distinct lack of understanding of what is required to 'build' a title challenging team.

In essence mate, criticise away but make it constructive. Throw your ideas out thereon how it can be put right 'cos Harry reads this site ......... You know he does .......... And we can all fire in the 'I told you so's' when he follows a correct suggestion.

But leave the 'sack the manager' stuff alone as it just creates strife on here. We all know it's not a sensible suggestion as we all know he's not even half way through his team building process.

Just like the players, we too have to get our heads into a positive mentality. We are the 12th man so shouting for the managers head, considering our achievements, will only destroy whatever confidence the team currently has.

That is all I'm trying to get across. Looking to remove and replace, before the man has even begun to complete his job, is ultimately self defeating and will keep us as the laughing stock of the Premier League.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Nov 10 2010, 17:56

A resounding "NO" from me too.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 18:07

Ridiculous thread vis ! people need to keep their heads while we go through changes to the team due to injuries, we badly need defoe and lennon back, add dawson and king and thats four regulars that arent playing and four enforced changes to the team that finished fourth last term.

Like everyone else i was shocked we didnt keep a clean sheet last night, and take the 3 points, and its getting near that time when we need to watch the fourth team in the prem dont get too far ahead of us.

Its still all to play for but we need players back and soon.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Nov 10 2010, 18:57

He is a bit of a muppet at the moment is Arry slamming fans for booing well if i paid about 40-50 quid to a ticket and played like that id boo to be honest played well my ass we all knew Sunderland would park the bus but does he change his tactics do anything different no Yes we should of had a penalty but our record with pens aint great VDV was lucky looked like Handball for the goal but the frogs in defence got there legs eaten for a min and we concede. People go about we have a quality squad but we HAVE NOT other wise we could cope without Defoe King Dawson Lennon and looks like we cant. Its going to be hard though when Defoe does come back i cant see Arry going back to 442 and will it work with VDV behind Defoe cause in the first half last night they looked lost when they could not look for Crouch in the air first half

Keep Arry he might change hopefully
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Nov 10 2010, 19:32

ionman34 wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Lobo, you are right about the criticism towards Redknapp when he gets it wrong. The problem I have is that it doesn't end at just criticism, it ends at 'Sack the Manager.' I understand and, to a degree, agree with the criticism, but it's the knee jerk 'Sack him' that really frustrates me. It seems that there is a zero tolerance attitude for mistakes, whether it be manager or player, and the standard answer is get rid.

My standpoint has never changed in that we need to have more patience and allow the team and management to get it all right. We need to accept that it won't necessarily happen in the timeframe that we, as fans, expect it to.

By all means offer criticism, it is one of the subjects on here that offers the best debate, but what I have trouble with is this attitude that sacking the manager is our way forward. You'd have thought by now that the realisation would be there that this 'solution' has not worked on any occasion that we've tried it. It also shows a distinct lack of understanding of what is required to 'build' a title challenging team.

In essence mate, criticise away but make it constructive. Throw your ideas out thereon how it can be put right 'cos Harry reads this site ......... You know he does .......... And we can all fire in the 'I told you so's' when he follows a correct suggestion.

But leave the 'sack the manager' stuff alone as it just creates strife on here. We all know it's not a sensible suggestion as we all know he's not even half way through his team building process.

Just like the players, we too have to get our heads into a positive mentality. We are the 12th man so shouting for the managers head, considering our achievements, will only destroy whatever confidence the team currently has.

That is all I'm trying to get across. Looking to remove and replace, before the man has even begun to complete his job, is ultimately self defeating and will keep us as the laughing stock of the Premier League.

Look at any of my post ive not once called for the manager to be sacked, i have said on numerous occassion that Redknapp is at fault and should shoulder the blame for our poor run, also ive pointed out his desire to be next england manager and that we as a club should be prepared and ready our selfs for when the day comes redknapp walks, ..but ive never called for his sacking
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 10 2010, 20:15

So he plays Kranjar and he has a mare
    so he plays Pav and he gets a back injury
    bales form drops off a bit
    we are without daws and defoe
    he brings on crouch as our only fit striker and we score from one of his knock downs

So how is that Harrys fault?

Sunderland got very lucky last night, they have one shot through a mistake and scored, Bruce even
    said they rode their luck at times.

But here we go again, a few not so good results (i thought we played ok yesterday) and now we have a thread "sack the manager"

Spurs fans fickle, nah not us!!

However, as mentioned in an earlier post, i was at the emirates (free corporate day) against Newcastle and they are no better, infact even worse, Fabregas is rubbish all of a sudden, after they
    begged him to stay, wenger dont know what his doing, this after how many league and cup trophies? jeez, who would be a manager.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Nov 10 2010, 20:34

LOBO wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Look at any of my post ive not once called for the manager to be sacked, i have said on numerous occassion that Redknapp is at fault and should shoulder the blame for our poor run, also ive pointed out his desire to be next england manager and that we as a club should be prepared and ready our selfs for when the day comes redknapp walks, ..but ive never called for his sacking

I never suggested that you did mate, just adding to the debate and addressing you as you put across what I believe is a good point.

You have to admit though that even putting a 'sack the manager' poll out is really verging on the ridiculous.

Yes, we are having a bad run but that doesn't mean that it will go on indefinitely now does it? We may be out of touch for a bit but, until the season gets beyond Christmas, we really won't know will we? We may put together a sterling run, much as Everton did last season, and be right back in the mix for a top slot.

I know there are a few if's, but's and maybe's in there but that is the nature of the league this season. Who would have imagined the goons losing at home to WBA and the Tykes? Who would have imagined Liverpool beating Chelsea after their start?

I'm not making excuses because I'm as cheesed off about our start as anyone and I do believe that we have dropped points, far too many for my liking. But, as with Jol, I want to see us build the extra character by playing our way out of this low point. I believe that blaming the manager completely then absolves the players of any blame and that is wrong.
    Granted, Harry isn't doing himself any favours by playing players who aren't performing in the league but it is a dilemma for him. These same players palyed out of their skin against Inter then follow it up with 2 below par performances. In his place I'd have done the same, put the Bolton game down to the CL hangover, tiredness etc and give them the opportunity to redeem themselves in the next game.

They didn't. Now his dilemma is whether to give them a second chance for redemption or to make changes.

Difficult situation wouldn't you agree?

I haven't seen the game but 12 shots on goal, 8 off target, 17 corners and 55% possession suggests to me that he made the right choices in line up but, as per usual, our strikeforce was firing blanks.

I really want to see Gio up front with Pav, just to see something different, see if we can put away a higher %age of these chances. If we put away 30% then we'd have 3-4 goals a game.No one can live with that.

Our strikeforce is costing us and Harry identified this in the closed season. He couldn't get the player(s) he was after and we are suffering as a result.

So, in essence, I agree that Harry should receive criticism for his mistakes, I don't believe, however, that he has made as many as he is being made out to. The most relevant point that you made, or was it Lought, was that it is these games that he should be getting the players up for. He doesn't appear to be doing that at the moment so it seems that he will have to change tack and soon.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 20:56

The problem is injuries at the moment and we are not coping with it, as i have said though we have a huge squad there is a definite pecking order, and some have dropped out from that pecking order through injury, and we are left with others lower down the order.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Nov 10 2010, 21:12

A, nonsense Thread.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Nov 10 2010, 21:34

had to check me calendar, thought it was april fools day
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Nov 10 2010, 22:36

yet we hardly ever score from corners or crosses.

two crosses against Milan, one against Bolton, one against Sunderland?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 10 2010, 23:51

I don't think It's Nonsense thread. I think It's good for debate and it lets posters get their frustration off thier chests which is all good. I voted no as I do blame the players as well as some of Arry's decisions but sack Arry at this moment in time? You are aving a bubble. I see posters talking about getting Jose or Hiddink. No chance lol. Why would they come to Spurs?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Nov 11 2010, 00:30

BazSpur wrote:I don't think It's Nonsense thread. I think It's good for debate and it lets posters get their frustration off thier chests which is all good. I voted no as I do blame the players as well as some of Arry's decisions but sack Arry at this moment in time? You are aving a bubble. I see posters talking about getting Jose or Hiddink. No chance lol. Why would they come to Spurs?

Exactly, if harry is offered the england job in the future i would like to see another british manager , even sparky someone like that who's up to scratch with the modern game

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 02:52

it was vis that started this thread even though hes behind harry.
    nobody thinks he should be sacked. i just dont belive in him.

when defoe comes back harry wont go back to 442 and drop vdv.
    we will play 451 crouch on the bench and pav keane and gio wil drop even further down the line.

pav wil prob go liverpool in jan as they want him and imagine that torres pav gerrard.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Nov 11 2010, 03:41

Loughtonlegend wrote:it was vis that started this thread even though hes behind harry.
    nobody thinks he should be sacked. i just dont belive in him.

when defoe comes back harry wont go back to 442 and drop vdv.
    we will play 451 crouch on the bench and pav keane and gio wil drop even further down the line.

pav wil prob go liverpool in jan as they want him and imagine that torres pav gerrard.

Think you could be wrong Lought, why not play Defoe and VDV , Rafa's not bad in the air.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 05:19

So posters think it's a nonsense thread. Fair do's, but with so much negativity surrounding things of late I felt it was a reasonable question to ask and also a single thread where views could be aired as either for or against the current management structure & style . . . . . . .
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Thu Nov 11 2010, 08:11

only a gooner would vote yes to sacking arry best manager at the lane since billy nic and keith

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 20:48