The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Martin Atkinson EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Martin Atkinson EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Martin Atkinson EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Martin Atkinson EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Martin Atkinson EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Martin Atkinson EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Martin Atkinson EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Martin Atkinson EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Martin Atkinson EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Martin Atkinson Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
anicoll5
djfitzo
LOBO
vis
8 posters

Martin Atkinson

vis
    vis

Martin Atkinson Empty Martin Atkinson

Post by vis Mon Apr 16 2012, 05:59

So today Mr A-Hole gives a goal. Chelseas 2nd and alters the game forever. He gives a goal because he has to be certain that all of the ball has crossed the goal line. Obviously he is certain even though the ball isn't near the goal line, yet he is certain the ball has crossed the line.
    This individual should NEVER referee again, he is unfit for purpose. He should not even be allowed to take chargde of kids games. He has to be sure that the goal is good but it so obviously isn't. The man (and I use the term very loosely) is a disgrace to his profession . . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Martin Atkinson Empty Re: Martin Atkinson

Post by LOBO Mon Apr 16 2012, 06:07

Bit harsh lol , but yes the 2nd goal was a joke , this is proof if ever that goal line technology is needed pronto
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 16 2012, 06:11

Harsh, lol, Moi' ? Trouble is next week Atkinson will be back being his usual inept self and being rewarded handsomely for it. He is nothing more then a grey haired goat's penis . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 16 2012, 06:22

Bet his pleased with himself giving a club that supporters sang through the minutes silence for the Italian guy that died,Chelsea,rotten to the core
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 16 2012, 06:35

And don't forget the silence was for Hillsborough as well Dave. That should add some spice to the final. Whats the betting Atkinson gets the final. The man is a disgrace as a referee . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16 2012, 06:43

vis your right
    you only give a pen if your 100 sure its over the line
    how can he be sure it wernt even close

sack him
    they wont bring in video eviedence because then it will be a level player feild for everyone.

while we dont refs can help out teams they want
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 16 2012, 06:50

I have heard the frequent comment tonight that a referee should only and can only award a goad if they are 100% sure the ball has fully crossed the line

Well actually lads no - the referee does not - and very few referees ever could be 100% certain of a ball crossing a line fully

He called it as he saw it - as he and other referees have called decisions in your games all season

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 16 2012, 07:12

So at last Nic you peak above the parpet and comment on the "ghost goal". Errrrrrrrrr I'm surprised that you have posted the above but I suppose your fishing with smugness as bait Martin Atkinson 912733 lol ? So Spurs melt down again, but again they have been undone by an inept referee. I recall that Vs Chelski last season Ion & myself had a proper ding-dong about the Ref making a similar call to this evenings. I am always the last to diss the Ref but I find I have finally had enough and for you to make excuses about 100% surety is amusing to say the least. Do you think the Ref was uncertain about Chelski's other 4 goals ? Of course not but according to you he may just have been. Thanx for cheering me up a touch . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 16 2012, 07:56

LOL Vis. Spot on. REPPED.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 16 2012, 07:59

Undo that rep Baz LOL. 'arry sez it was nothing more then a honest mistake ! FFS . . . . .
    (Thanx for the rep)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16 2012, 08:02

i do wonder if nic would be on here so much if they hadnt overtaking us in the league
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 16 2012, 08:04

It's always good to see Nic and his whingeresque view on all things Spurs and related matters (especially in the event of a ghost goal Martin Atkinson 348204 ) . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 16 2012, 08:30

I have just peaked above a parapet concerning the " ghost goal" ?

Err no lads I was simply mentioning that on the various meeja, radio, Sky and Twitter there seemed to be an obsession among participants that the dodgy second goal had pivotal significance and that Atkinson was the Anti Christ

It had no significance - you were stuffed

As for Atkinson probably an error but these things happen - honest error and with no technology to support or assist him what do you expect

Help me though

Tell me exactly how many games you have refereed at any level at all ?

And how many of your performances have been faultless ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 16 2012, 08:32

Refereed loads and every single one was faultless.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16 2012, 08:39

but if the ref had done hes job propley
    sent of the chelsea keeper
    and not give there goal then i doubt we would of lost 5 1 do you

it changed the game.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 16 2012, 08:47

I doubt you would have lost 5-1 Lought

Problem is you might have though - you were just not good - poor performance and I doubt any Spud player felt they had earned their corn today
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Apr 16 2012, 08:49

the ref gave that goal- wrongly, but we got back into it and gave ourselfs a chance, but after that nics correct we were stuffed. simple as, we were not good enough today and they were. im as gutted as everyone but i cant find any excuses for todays performance.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16 2012, 08:59

i thought we got stuffed when we went back to 442 and took vdv off.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 16 2012, 09:02

anicoll5 wrote:I have just peaked above a parapet concerning the " ghost goal" ?

Err no lads I was simply mentioning that on the various meeja, radio, Sky and Twitter there seemed to be an obsession among participants that the dodgy second goal had pivotal significance and that Atkinson was the Anti Christ

Nic what a load of old tosh. The ghost goal completely changed the shape, pattern, balance & outcome of the game, as any goal will do, yet unfortunately it wasn't a goal but, just like 'arry, you make excuses for a P*ss poor officials decision . . . . . . .

As for Atkinson probably an error but these things happen - honest error and with no technology to support or assist him what do you expect

Help me though

I don't have to be a referee to understand that if the ball does not cross the goal line it CANNOT be a goal . . . . .

Faultless and ineptitude are 2 differnet things . . . . .

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 16 2012, 09:11

Well to be honest Vis I DO think you need to have a bit of a knowledge of refereeing to come to any conclusion on Atkinson

Unlike you Vis - and every other so called expert with an opinion on the matter he saw it once, a very brief incident, with a dozen bodies moving, he was about 10 metres away, at an angle, and he needed to male am
    Immediate decision

The one source of info who might have made a useful contribution - the Lino - said nothing

Unlike you Atkinson lacked multiple camera angles, slow motion replays and the benefit of hindsight
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 16 2012, 09:16

Is it just me then or did anyone else know instantly the ball didn't cross the line. Because I did. I knew straigt away by the way the ball went in and came back out almost straight away and you could tell just by the way the bodies were lying on the floor it wasn't a goal. Don't need goal line technology for that f*ck up.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 16 2012, 09:18

Unlike you Atkinson lacked multiple camera angles, slow motion replays and the benefit of hindsight

Well f*ck him. That's what he gets paid for and he had a better view of it than me and I could see it wasn't a goal. Do your job properly or not at all. That's me.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 16 2012, 09:25

Errrrrrr Nic I'm watching about 75 miles away from the goal line at Wembley and I can see, in real time, it isn't a goal even through the crap TV angle that is playing.

Well to be honest Vis I DO think you need to have a bit of a knowledge of refereeing to come to any conclusion on Atkinson
    So according to you any one who has never been a Ref should not demean themselves by criticising Refs ? Oh boy thats a whole new thread in it's self just to do with myopic mangers, and their brain washed myopic fans, and post match rants & raves. Remind me tomorrow to get it started . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 16 2012, 18:47

No Vis - according to me if you want to criticise Atkinson tale into account that he is not sitting in an armchair, with the benefit of the best camera angle money can buy, and able to rerun the incident again and again until he gets the right result

Personally I have seen plenty of incident in real time at the stadium and on the box which at first sight have been called totally wrong by the referee or Lino

And do you know what - when it is replayed - the referee is spot on

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 16 2012, 18:59

anicoll5 wrote:I have just peaked above a parapet concerning the " ghost goal" ?

Help me though

Standing that close to it, to get it right, yes the final score was 5-1 with 3 goals scored in the last 15 minutes.

at only 1-0 down, it was pivotal, as was the ghost goal that Lampard scored when the lino was not up with play and Gomes clawed it back and when Mendes goal was 3 foot over the line and the many Adebayor ghost offside decisions and its not just us, Youngs offside and dive penalty last week, Clint Hills header, two foot over the line, all these decisions are pivotal, dont talk rot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 13:09