The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Martin Atkinson - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Martin Atkinson - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Martin Atkinson - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Martin Atkinson - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Martin Atkinson - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Martin Atkinson - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Martin Atkinson - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Martin Atkinson - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Martin Atkinson - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Martin Atkinson - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
anicoll5
djfitzo
LOBO
vis
8 posters

Martin Atkinson

djfitzo
    International
    International

Martin Atkinson - Page 2 Empty Re: Martin Atkinson

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 16 2012, 19:00

No Vis - according to me if you want to criticise Atkinson tale into account that he is not sitting in an armchair, with the benefit of the best camera angle money can buy, and able to rerun the incident again and again until he gets the right result

No his standing 4 foot away, you dont need goal line technology for that, just decent eyesight.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Apr 16 2012, 19:12

the ref gave the goal because of the chelski players reaction , with hindsight we should have took the pen if that was the option
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 16 2012, 19:16

Do you think that when Luis clipped and pulled back Lennon and lets say it was Ashley Young, would he have stayed on his feet?

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 16 2012, 19:53

Spurs were enraged. Poor old Atkinson has endured a torrid season. He dismissed Jack Rodwell for a legitimate challenge on Luis Suárez, the decision swiftly rescinded.

He failed to realise that Clint Hill’s header for QPR had crossed the Bolton goal-line. He allowed Mario Balotelli’s awful challenge on Alex Song to go unpunished.

Umm!!
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 16 2012, 19:57

Stayed on his feet - don't make me larf

The cheating little scrote would have flung himself to the turf

I see he is even embarrassing Ferguson now - not a man easy to embarass

Young's pathetic cheating tarnishing Manyoo's final run in
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 16 2012, 20:37

What has happned to our game, cheats are ruining it, the one person who is in the perfect position is Juan Mata, look at picture 11, he can clearly see it has not crossed the line.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/9206369/Chelseas-ghost-goal-in-pictures.html#?frame=2194442
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 16 2012, 20:44

And it is now time for the worthy knight of Trafford Park to put his money where his mouth is;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/04/alex-ferguson-eduardo-diving
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 16 2012, 20:46

[quote="djfitzo"]What has happned to our game, cheats are ruining it, the one person who is in the perfect position is Juan Mata, look at picture 11, he can clearly see it has not crossed the line.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/9206369/Chelseas-ghost-goal-in-pictures.html#?frame=2194442[/quote]

Looking at shot nine I have more sympathy for Atkinson than I did earlier - very marginal as to where the whole ball is over the line
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Apr 16 2012, 21:00

Put simply it was not a refereeing decision made on fact it was pure guesswork. There is absolutely no way that Atkinson could have known for certain that the ball crossed the line, so he guessed. He then follows that up by not sending Cech off for a blatant last man foul. So instead of being 1 1 against 10 men we have to chase the game and leave ourselves open.So don't anyone say it wasn't pivotal.
    I am so disillusioned with football this morning.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 16 2012, 21:19

anicoll5 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:What has happned to our game, cheats are ruining it, the one person who is in the perfect position is Juan Mata, look at picture 11, he can clearly see it has not crossed the line.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/9206369/Chelseas-ghost-goal-in-pictures.html#?frame=2194442

Looking at shot nine I have more sympathy for Atkinson than I did earlier - very marginal as to where the whole ball is over the line

Exactly and I thought the rule of thumb was that if you are not totally sure, then you cant give it, not withstanding we should have had a foul for Terry bundling the goalkeeper and two defenders over.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 16 2012, 21:27

djfitzo wrote:
    anicoll5 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:What has happned to our game, cheats are ruining it, the one person who is in the perfect position is Juan Mata, look at picture 11, he can clearly see it has not crossed the line.

Exactly and I thought the rule of thumb was that if you are not totally sure, then you cant give it, not withstanding we should have had a foul for Terry bundling the goalkeeper and two defenders over.

And shot 13, he cant possibly see it clearly enough to say that it categorically crossed the line and for christ sake its the semi final of the fa cup, why is someone like Atkinson (ive already posted his performances in the last two seasons) get to ref such an important game?

Did you have sympathy for him when Balotelli tried to remove Alex Songs kneecap? genuine mistake my a*se, his just another in a long line of poor refs.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 16 2012, 21:35

If referees only gave decisions they were "totally sure" of then the only goals that could be given would be with the ball settled on the bottom corner of the back of the net and in which there could be no question of any illicit contact between players in the build up to the goal.

In other words there would never be about half as many goals as there are at the moment
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 16 2012, 21:45

I couldn't give a toss what anyone says to be honest. Atkinson bottled it. He reacted to the Chelski shouts that it had crossed the line. I suppose at the end of the day you can't blame them but I do blame Atkinson. As vis said even 75 miles away from Wembley he could see it hadn't crossed the line. I am 200 miles from Wembley and even I could see it didn't cross the line. It's total bollox. He bottled it and he knows he did. I can't stand appologists for bad refereeing decisions. End of the day he said sorry. He knows he was wrong and so do we.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Apr 17 2012, 00:10

How come this is the second time in a year that Chelsea have scored a ghost goal against us. Is it coincidence or am I being paranoid?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Apr 17 2012, 00:31

seebee1944 wrote:
    How come this is the second time in a year that Chelsea have scored a ghost goal against us. Is it coincidence or am I being paranoid?

Linesman had a nightmare that day mate, not only did the lino not keep up with play to actually see the ball not cross the line, but also missed Kalou standing offside when they got the winner, conspiracy theory, never!! I just think that refs and linos are frightened to give a decision against the so-called top four, how do you account for two dives and one of them offide from Ashley Young and then before that a blatant pen for Danny Murphy waived away at Old Trafford.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 17 2012, 00:32

seebee1944 wrote:

Nope you aint seebee ....Roman always waves his wallet around at the buisness end of a season ...

All Ive learned after reading this thread is the existence of a BurgerNic lol
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Apr 17 2012, 00:40

A shocking allegation Arnie bom

I suggest no more than guesswork on your part !!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17 2012, 00:49

we been sh*t for ages now.
    harry record aganst the top 3 is so poor.
    hes a bottler
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 17 2012, 00:55

Arnie Wrote:

All Ive learned after reading this thread is the existence of a BurgerNic lol

LOOOL.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 17 2012, 01:03

anicoll5 wrote:A shocking allegation Arnie bom

I suggest no more than guesswork on your part !!

lol

... But its okay, after the past couple of months, I've become immune to all gooner clock2

You did mean...

'refs don't have to be 100% to give a decision' against Tottenham

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Aug 14 2012, 02:45

And the man with the whistle as you start your season at SJP is ...................

You know you like him really sunny
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Aug 15 2012, 05:41

The idiot shouldn't still be refereeing at this level of football. Absolute disgrace . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 07:18