The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
seebee1944
djfitzo
vis
7 posters

Manchester United match Thread

vis
    vis

Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United match Thread

Post by vis Tue Jan 22 2013, 06:33

Here we go again. A game to take positives from yet Lought just sees a reason to slag off Spurs players. Ho hum . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Manchester United match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United match Thread

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 22 2013, 06:41

vis wrote:Here we go again. A game to take positives from yet Lought just sees a reason to slag off Spurs players. Ho hum . . . . . .

Down to us to debate with him or even educate Vis.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 06:58

hes always getting ripped on this site

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=35140&start=1
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Jan 22 2013, 08:50

Lought it seems that every thread of late you use as a soap box to vent your spleen against Spurs players. The only players you ever praise are those who are no longer at the club. Take off the nostalgia specs and enjoy the present and future for a change . . ..

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 08:56

i praise most of the spurs players and staff.

i been avb fan from day one
    get a decent forward and we will be going places.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 08:58

I'll add some more when I get time later: but these help tell the tale...

-Tottenham's goal came from their 25th and final shot of the game.

-Clint Dempsey had the most shots on target in the PL this weekend (4).

-Man United's total of 5 shots is their lowest in a Premier League game since the match at Man City last season.

-Robin van Persie has scored more than 1 headed goal for the first time in a single Premier League season.

-United have scored more goals from crosses (20) and headers (13) than any other PL team this season.

-United made more blocks than any other team in the PL this weekend (11).

-Spurs made the most interceptions (28).

-United were caught offside 7 times, the joint-most since they racked up 9 at Spurs in 2009-10.

– Michael Carrick made twice as many successful tackles as any other player on the pitch (6).

– Scott Parker made a game-high 5 interceptions.

– Of the seven shots Gareth Bale took in the game, only one was on-target.

– In his 62 minutes on the pitch, Shinji Kagawa had a pass-success rate of 93%.

– Tom Cleverley attempted 2 crosses, of which one was accurate and led to Robin van Persie’s goal.

– Danny Welbeck completed three successful dribbles (team high), whilst Gareth Bale, Mousa Dembele, and Aaron Lennon all achieved the same number for Tottenham.

– Tottenham out-shot Manchester United by 25 attempts to 5.

– No player was dispossessed more than Mousa Dembele (4).

– No starting player had more touches of the ball than Phil Jones (77), and no starting player had fewer than Jermain Defoe (18).

– Aaron Lennon made more key passes than any player on the pitch (6).

– 68% of Tottenham’s attempts on goal came from outside the box.

– Tottenham attempted 36 crosses in comparison to United’s 17.

– Both sides recorded almost identical numbers of short passes (337 vs 335).

– Both sides had an average successful pass streak of 4.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 22 2013, 09:38

Loughtonlegend wrote:hes always getting ripped on this site

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=35140&start=1

So most of your quotes are not even yours, just copied from a site full of fickle supporters that would rather get rid of player that just needs some encouragement and a decent manager to get him back on track, fortunately we have that, because if it was run my some of the posters on that site, we would be back to mid table mediocrity before you could say knee jerk reaction.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 10:37

i would give naughton a go at right back and make walker have to earn hes place back.

naughton was brillant on sunday and it was when he went off that ekotto came on tha they got down that side twice.
    and before you say oh im moaning about ekotto i can understand why avb brough him on as hes more attack minded
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 22 2013, 18:54

Loughtonlegend wrote:i would give naughton a go at right back and make walker have to earn hes place back.

naughton was brillant on sunday and it was when he went off that ekotto came on tha they got down that side twice.
    and before you say oh im moaning about ekotto i can understand why avb brough him on as hes more attack minded

But our goal came from Ekottos left footed cross.Maybe he will rest Walker when Bennys up to speed, but copying some moron from a moron site by calling one of our own Brian dead is not on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 05:33