The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Manchester United EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Manchester United EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Manchester United EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Manchester United EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Manchester United EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Manchester United EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Manchester United EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Manchester United EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Manchester United EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Manchester United Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
DJSR
ionman34
Boltjean
SuneJim
ArnieArdiles
vis
10 posters

Match Thread Vs Manchester United

vis
    vis

Match Thread Vs Manchester United Empty Match Thread Vs Manchester United

Post by vis Fri Sep 28 2012, 06:16

Match Thread Vs Manchester United 220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg Versus Match Thread Vs Manchester United 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg

At

Match Thread Vs Manchester United 9k=

Match Thread Vs Manchester United 150px-Premier_League.svg

Saturday 29/09/12
    Kick Off @ 1730hrs BST
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Match Thread Vs Manchester United Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Manchester United

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Sep 28 2012, 07:08

Can we ever win there ? ...

Chris Foy is the referee. Shocked

Mark Clattenberg the 4th official Crying or Very sad

They now have RVP and when fit, he scores for fun.

Their manager and players cheat, aided by cheating officials and when you throw in our loser's mentality the odds are well stacked against us.

But hold on, this is a different Spurs , this is AVB and Steffan Freund's Spurs team. They don't do this, 'before you step out on the pitch defeatist Bollox'.

Vertonghan: In time, our manager not only wants us to win games but to also dominate our opponents.

We may well be along way away from that but there is something about the AVB Spurs set-up I'm very much liking in it's infancy . Although we're not very fluid in our play so far, understandably so when losing the skills of VDV and Modric, I've noticed a stronger physical presence. We're now a big side apart from Defoe and Lennon.

So I reckon we're gonna smash them Manc fookers up !! fight

COYS!!!!! cheers !!!!!! cheers

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28 2012, 09:02

The following Man Utd players will be out injured on Saturday

A Valencia
    Rafael
    N Vidic
    P Jones
    A Young
    C Smalling

1-1 and was in autumn 2005. Silvestre scored for them in the first half after a Robbo fumble (sign of things to come?); Jenas equalised from a great free-kick in the second half. Perhaps the real first time that the Kinga and Dawson CB partnership started getting real praise and recognition across the football world. Davids had a blinder as well.

We were second in the league.

Jol's heady days; a week before or after our game against Arsenal when we drew 1-1 with Pires (again!) equalising a goal scored for us by The King. Again Robbo fumbled...sigh.

This is AVB's opportunity. Only Rooney and RVP are significantly better than our best in similar positions. Scholes? I am not dreading this match, I am looking forward to it. I did not like the chummy relationship of our previous manager with Fergie so I expect no quarter given in this game.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Fri Sep 28 2012, 21:37

Have to say i've noticed we have a much larger, phyical squad than we've had in years. So we really do have strength in depth,,,on all levels.

We have no little skill in the team as well,,,, so the squad is a more complete now than at any time i can remmber.

I also agree with the comments about AVB & Freund going there with a different mentality than we've gone to OT in recent seasons. I'm excited.

AVB's Team will be ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Friedel
    Walker Gallas (But i want Caulker) Vertonghen Naughton
    Sandro Dembele
    Lennon Dempsey Bale
    Defoe

That team in the right formation can cause The Manc's problems bring it on.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29 2012, 03:15

Mimms

Thomas Mabbutt Sedgley v.d. Hauwe

Samways Howells Gascoigne Allen

Lineker Stewart

last time we won up there.

last time we scored a goal up there was super pav
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Sep 29 2012, 05:15

Lought & Jim, you look at the team Lought posted and your preferred 11 Jim and Jim's looks the much better. From Loughts I would pick Mabbutt ahead of Gallas, Lineker ahead of Defoe, Gazza ahead of Dempsey and that's about it. Yes we have reason to be quietly hopeful for something from this game, and as Lought has always alluded to - Redknapps Spurs always seemed to looked troubled when faced with a lot of so called "big teams" so I hope AVB & Steffan.F can instil a stronger mentality into the players for these type of games . . . .
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Sep 29 2012, 22:36

I can not see us getting a result here. I think the players need a bit more time to gel before we can think of getting a result in a game like this, had it been a bit later in the season then we might have picked up at least a draw. I don't think those games against the lesser teams, Norwich etc, gave me any impression that we could go out and beat the likes of United or City, but God I hope I am wrong. Still a bit of work for AVB to do but he will get there and I think the future is bright. I would not play Lloris, not an ideal game to play your first premiership game, and if he dropped a clanger it could knock his confidence.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Sep 29 2012, 22:52

Boltjean wrote:I can not see us getting a result here. I think the players need a bit more time to gel before we can think of getting a result in a game like this, had it been a bit later in the season then we might have picked up at least a draw. I don't think those games against the lesser teams, Norwich etc, gave me any impression that we could go out and beat the likes of United or City, but God I hope I am wrong. Still a bit of work for AVB to do but he will get there and I think the future is bright. I would not play Lloris, not an ideal game to play your first premiership game, and if he dropped a clanger it could knock his confidence.

Bang on with pretty much everything there Len, including Lloris.

I'm hopeful, ever hopeful, but think this game is a little too early in our development to be an accurate guage.

Signs of further improvement are what I 'expect' from this game. A solid, disciplined game with some creativity. We get a draw I will be pleased, a win over the moon with. I can't see us getting anything if we play poorly, so a draw or win will be because we acquitted ourselves well.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29 2012, 23:45

any point will be a bonus. no pressure on the lads today. plus we seem to play better away from the lane where some fans boo at half time if we not winning.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 30 2012, 00:43

Len & Ion

I understand what you guys are saying and are looking to temper any unreasonable expectations. Agree, away to ManUtd may well be to early in the season for this team but I've got hopes we will perform,keep it tight and stop RVP & Rooney.

I can see us getting something from our counter attacking but most of all, I can see us profiting at set-pieces from the likes of Caulker and Verts.
    Spurs score from set-pieces , did I really just write that ?
    Shocked
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:02

Verts at Left-back and Caulker starts.... Dempsey ahead of Siggy Surprised
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:07

sopcast yes channel 6816 is a good picture
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:10

Hmmm my sopcast will not connect . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:12

_________Friedel
    Walker Gallas Caulker Vertonghen
    _____Sandro Dembele
    ___Lennon Bale Dempsey
    _________Defoe

Walker & Gallas our weakest side defensively...

Imagine Kaboul in for Gallas ...Looks strong

COYS!!!!!!!!![i]
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:14

vis wrote:Hmmm my sopcast will not connect . . . .

Vis,,,try Flash from one of these...http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=168568&part=sports
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:15

Thanx Arnie. Just updating Sopcast so hopefully will get something. Liking the look of that starting 11 . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:16

Full line-ups

Manchester United: Lindegaard, Rafael, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Scholes, Nani, Giggs, Carrick, Kagawa, van Persie.

Substitutes: De Gea, Anderson, Rooney, Chicharito, Welbeck, Cleverley, Wootton.

Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen, Sandro, Dembele, Dempsey, Lennon, Bale and Defoe

Substitutes: Lloris, Dawson, Huddlestone, Falque, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Mason.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:23

Just hope we can use our pace. Utd look slow on paper . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:29

watch it live here > CLICK HERE
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:32

BIG V Yessssssssssssssssssssss . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:43

f*ck me Gallas lucky not to give away a pen. But look on the bright side he didn't and took out vim persil . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 30 2012, 04:02

Baleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee . .. .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 30 2012, 04:16

BIG V even has a long throw. What a legend . . .. .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 30 2012, 04:19

COYS . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 30 2012, 04:29

We're winning 2-0, playing good keeping them from to many attempts on target.

We know they're going to come back at us now with everything they've got, simulation for penalties, officials to help them out with Fergie time if it's needed etc. COYS!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 05:20