The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Where was the subs EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Where was the subs EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Where was the subs EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Where was the subs EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Where was the subs EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Where was the subs EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Where was the subs EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Where was the subs EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Where was the subs EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Where was the subs Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
ArnieArdiles
MarkA249
8 posters

Where was the subs

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Where was the subs Empty Where was the subs

Post by MarkA249 Sun Feb 07 2010, 06:28

Harry the cock why didnt he bring anyone on they was knackered u could tell that was they watching john terry does dallas or something or playing bridge in the back lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Where was the subs Empty Re: Where was the subs

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Feb 07 2010, 06:32

mystified me that , Mark ....the subs wernt doin any stretch excercises with 20 mins of the game remaining ....Harry didnt get them out untill gone the 80th minute ......frustration ...

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07 2010, 07:16

ye he only usesses hes subs if we are losen. i would of took crouch off. hes useless
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Feb 07 2010, 07:22

Maybe should have had Kranjcar on to have a go at some tired legs late on
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Feb 07 2010, 07:24

Should have the subs warming up on the hour mark whether you intend to use them or not ?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07 2010, 07:27

bentley king crouch for gudjohnson kankar kaboull i would of done

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07 2010, 07:33

Loughtonlegend wrote:bentley king crouch for gudjohnson kankar kaboull i would of done

And then if we conceded a late goal and lost lought you would say "why did he make the changes " lol ! harry just cant win whatever he does.
    Villa came for a point and played fcking well mate ! it was a dour defensive performance with dunne having a superb game.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07 2010, 07:39

they did not play well. all they did was defend. but our usless strikers cant score again. are you tellin me rooney or torres wouldnt of scored in home games aganst wolves stoke villa hull. defoe and crouch should be scoren in these games. yet crouch cant shoot. hes sh*t

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07 2010, 07:47

Loughtonlegend wrote:they did not play well. all they did was defend. but our usless strikers cant score again. are you tellin me rooney or torres wouldnt of scored in home games aganst wolves stoke villa hull. defoe and crouch should be scoren in these games. yet crouch cant shoot. hes sh*t

With all due respect lought , that is utter nonsense that they didnt play well, but let me clarify the point, they didnt play well from an attacking stance, but their defensive performance was superb, they blocked, cleared and what was left dunne and friedel mopped up, they reduced shots on goal by defoe and crouch because our two always seemed on the wrong shooting foot, or were facing away from goal..............they came to defend and did a job on us.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Feb 07 2010, 07:52

Of course they came to defend. Teams are sh*t scared of our attack. Ever since the Wigan game not many teams have come to the Lane to have a go at us and to be honest I don't see much changing. I agree with Ion I think we have one of the most potent attacks in the Prem and it scares the life out of the opposition.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Feb 07 2010, 07:53

The premiership has some of the best aerial defenders in Europe ........ Defenders in this country and goalkeepers too, learn their trade dealing with crosses more than in the other top leagues ... Gomes poor start was put down to adapting , to this ....

I wouldnt say Crouch is sh*t but he has had plenty of different clubs in his career so far , that in its self may give us all a clue ....

Just found some more stats on the game ...... ready for this ?

Spurs had 33 attempts on goal..............

5 on target

10 off target

18 blocked

I now got a headache ....

And its Saturday too ...................Missus aint gonna be best pleased Where was the subs Icon_rolleyes

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07 2010, 09:26

yea villa played really wel defensivly but with milner the striker who i cant say hes name let alone spell it plus downin an youn you think they would of done more. and crouch is W*nk lol and althought we had lots off bloxked shots i only rememer 2 gd saves from brad
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Feb 07 2010, 19:50

Did you count how many chances he set up with his knock ons Lought? They have the best defensive record in the league, what makes us so special that we can score where others cant, sure they are getting good fortune to go with their stout defending, but every now and then (Arsenal 3 Villa 0) they run out of luck, sadly not for us last night, look mate, couple of season ago we would have lost that game, we got a point, Citeh didnt, cheer up!!
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Feb 08 2010, 18:14

The difference was Dunne he was outstanding and was everywhere, without him we would probably have won comfortably. Defoe also on another day could have had a couple of goals. But I agree we should have given Gudjonson a run out last 15 mins.
    Mikey M
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Feb 09 2010, 06:05

I was on the phone to Dave after this game asking for Harry's head,,,,,,,,,,,,, to make no sub's in a game like that is a such a school boy error it's embarrassing. What the hell was he doing i'm still livid now & that rarely happens i'm normally over it & ready for the next game. I've voiced my worries before that Harry doesn't have a Plan B & is showing signs that he's just not got the nouse to change things when it's not going our way.

I've read through the Lought/Lew posts & i have to say i agree that there was no need to change the defence for changing's sake. But Gudjohnsen & Kranjcar should have had a run out in my humble opinion. I would have took Crouch & Huddlestone off & gone with a diamond,,,,,,,,,,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,Palacios,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Bentley,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Kranjcar
    ,,,,,,,,,,,Gudjohnsen,,,,,,,,,,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Modric,,,,,,,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Defoe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Then put Modric just behind Defoe & that would negate the all conquering style of Dunne. They'd have had a real problem with the two little lads up front with tricky footwork in & around the area. With Gudjohnsen coming into the box late supporting them.

Harry you have to at least give some thing a try Mate,,,,,,,,,,,,, or i will be calling for his head i'll have no qualms about that i'll tell you lol.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Feb 09 2010, 06:42

YOU DID TELL ME AND IM STILL DEAF IN ONE EAR LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content