The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take Empty BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take

Post by SuneJim Wed Feb 17 2010, 02:00

Sorry this is a bit late as i've got a bit of a cold or something so haven't been up to much.

Right firstly let me say i'm just happy to still be in the Cup we could have been 3 or 4 down in the first half. We looked disjointed & completely devoid of idea's. We had very little spirit on show & were heading for the exit.

Second half though we seemed to adapt a bit better to our surroundings. Bolton's plan was there for all to see don't give us any time on the ball & bully us & it worked for the best part of 55 to 60 minutes but we finally started to play some football & it was only a matter of time before we got back into it. Defoe when he only has time to use his instincts as he did there is one of the best finishers in the world & it was a very good execution by him

The Penalty was maybe a bit harsh i wouldn't of liked it being given against us but Rickets gave the Ref a decision to make & he made it. Now on Huddlestone stepping up i thought great the player i've been championing to take spot kicks after seeing his for England U21's but he did bottle it. As has been said if he just put his foot through the ball & caught it like he can the Keeper could have even ducked to avoid being take into the net himself lol. To be honest when your taking your first pen for the club being 3 or 4 nil up at home & you score giving you confidence but the pressure on him there was to much & he choked.

What does Pavlyuchenko have to do to get a game. It's getting beyond a joke. We have two subs left but he still doesn't get a look in. We need a goal to save a replay & not even Gudjohnsen was used. Now Harry might think Pav has a bad attitude but quite frankly if i was getting treated the way he does by my boss mine would be worse.

Just a little side not to get you all thinking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, isn't Pavlyuchenko undefeated for us from the SPOT! We'd be in the next round if he's been on the pitch.

Now i don't want to seem like i'm leading some kind of witch hunt for poor old Harry, but i'm getting sick & tired of keep having to question him & his decisions. I'm starting to think he's letting a few personal grievances affect his judgement & to the detriment of the team. Come on Harry sort it i want you to lead us to glory.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take Empty Re: BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,, MY Take

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 17 2010, 02:14

What does Pavlyuchenko have to do to get a game. It's getting beyond a joke. We have two subs left but he still doesn't get a look in. We need a goal to save a replay & not even Gudjohnsen was used. Now Harry might think Pav has a bad attitude but quite frankly if i was getting treated the way he does by my boss mine would be worse.

I think above everything else Jim, we are all mystified by the Pav situation. I think someone posted that because Zat Knight went off, Crouch would get more joy, but yet again our goal came from a passing movement,as did our previous 3 against Leeds, so we are not getting goals from Crouchs knock ons, so it can only be bloody mindedness from Harry, cos from a footballing issue, i cant see why we are playing Crouch, he was little less than rubbish against Bolton.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 17 2010, 02:49

Great post Jim. As for the Pav situation I am as mystified as everyone mate. I just have no idea whats happening between Arry and Pav.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Feb 17 2010, 04:00

djfitzo wrote: i cant see why we are playing Crouch, he was little less than rubbish against Bolton.

As i've said before i don't mind him in a near post defencive roll when he's playing but it's no reason to keep playing him. Me & My Son where both amazed at actually how slow Crouch is on the ball. Plus half the time in stead of knocking balls on he tries to control an (at least) neck high ball & makes a right pigs ear of it losing possession into the bargain.

His continual conclusion no matter what is fast becoming a liability to our season. We where scoring for fun with Keane & Defoe up front a partnership no one picked,,,,,,,, because we had to play quick clever football to break teams down. But Harry as soon as he saw his chance dropped Keane & brought in Crouch & it's been going steadily downhill since. The really worrying thing as well is Harry won't acknowledge this & it's effecting our season.

As i said i'm not against Harry i really want him to succeed but his bad decisions are outweighing his good ones by a Country Mile. He's got to sort it out.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Feb 17 2010, 04:02

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:Great post Jim. As for the Pav situation I am as mystified as everyone mate. I just have no idea whats happening between Arry and Pav.

He's using the situation to assert his power & tell everyone i'm in charge. But it looks like it's going to cost us in the long run.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 17 2010, 04:05

Trouble with got now is theres an offer on the table from Lokomotiv, will Pav give his all if he does play?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Feb 17 2010, 04:27

SuneJim (Moderator) wrote:
    BazSpur (Admin) wrote:Great post Jim. As for the Pav situation I am as mystified as everyone mate. I just have no idea whats happening between Arry and Pav.

He's using the situation to assert his power & tell everyone i'm in charge. But it looks like it's going to cost us in the long run.

I'm thinking this is got something to do with, Harry wanting the selling of, Bent and the buying of, Crouch as his replacement .... If I'm not mistaken , I think Levy was not to happy taking this hit on Bent and managed to include a clause in the Bent deal where it would maybe possible to recoup most our original outlay to Charlton ... Levy was not to keen on the 29 year old Crouch deal, fearing there were no sell on value but I think he gave way to Harry on it ......Harry now finds he needs Crouch to prove him right ...

If what is said is true that Pav does have a slight groin problem , I'm thinking Harry will give Crouch a few more games especialy with Lennon soon to be returning to the fold ...If then, Crouch dont produce with, Lennon in the team, then perhaps we will then see, Pav start a game or two ...
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 17 2010, 06:15

I hope so Arnie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:01