The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) Empty BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Mon May 03 2010, 02:13

Can i just start by saying 3 Points,,,,,,,,,,,,,, & that's what the game was all about, simple as.

We played quite well & carved out quite a few chances,,,,, but we only took one of them. But was that even a made chance? It was a bullet from THudd worthy of winning any game. Now in hindsight with a win under our belts, i'm happy not takes our chances & hope we can be more clinical against Citeh as we have to start taking our chances soon.

Players to pick out & i'm not doing this to relight an old-ish argument but i have to pick Kaboul out while i will agree he's still not what i'd look for in a RB,,,,, he hasn't put a foot wrong & was other than Bale our best player. He's growing into that role & the longer he plays the more he'll pick up & i'm more than happy with him.

Bale again a Man Of The Match winning contribution & he's getting better with every minute he's spending on the pitch i can't believe he never scored yesterday even. His pace & power were there for all to see (& yes Lew) i may even see him as a LW soon lol.

Huddlestone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what a strike, clean, crisp & rasping. Just what you expect from such a striker of the ball. But we do need to see more of that. But i have to say what impressed me more with him lately is his energy & spirit the one thing i questioned. He's like a different player he's quick across the ground & closes down so sharply & gets his foot in (Mendes like) & isn't giving the free-kicks away to often as well. He's toughened up in the air as well. He's the main reason Palacios isn't in at the moment & long may it continue. We have a youngster with potential that we haven't killed & is showing the sort of form that we all knew he had. What a breath of fresh air. I will also say with the indifferent form of Carrick, Barry & a few others he has to be in with a chance for England.

Defoe & Pavlyuchenko while not scoring have been showing the kind of work-rate you don't normally see from a Spurs striker & with the defence being so tight we really do have a chance of 4th.

Now on to Eastlands & i'd take a draw i really would & go into the final game at Burnley in pole position,,, but we really have to think we can win at Citeh. Hope Gomes can play & start Lennon & we'll be be in with a real shout.

This really is one of the best SPURS roller-coaster rides i've ever been on much more ups than downs,,,,,,,,,,,,, COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take) Empty Re: BOLTON,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (My Take)

Post by Guest Mon May 03 2010, 02:29

i wrote a post sayin kaboul was my man of the match. our strikers have scored 1 in 6 and that was a penilty.
    defoe got 1 in 12 pav got none in 7 crouch had scored 1 in 12 before he was benched.
    our strikers need to score more.

Post by Guest Mon May 03 2010, 06:26

Very good analysis Jim. It was a very open game and credit to Bolton for going for it ! Kaboul was quite superb. We had so many chances to put the game to bed and didn't ! Nerves ? Dunno, but 3 points, as you say Jim, was the most important thing. Thudd got a super goal and, as much a fan of his as I am, he does need to score more. Hope Gomes ain't crooked but if he is it allows Alwnick to come in and rewrite history (we do have a tradition of lovin' our 'keepers BIG TIME at The Lane). Strikers worked hard with no reward. I'm just buzzing for Wednesday now, and hopefully a post match report from Jim that tells the tale of a happy ending to a great season. COYS . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon May 03 2010, 17:41

[quote="SuneJim"]Can i just start by saying 3 Points,,,,,,,,,,,,,, & that's what the game was all about, simple as.

We played quite well & carved out quite a few chances,,,,, but we only took one of them. But was that even a made chance? It was a bullet from THudd worthy of winning any game. Now in hindsight with a win under our belts, i'm happy not takes our chances & hope we can be more clinical against Citeh as we have to start taking our chances soon.

Players to pick out & i'm not doing this to relight an old-ish argument but i have to pick Kaboul out while i will agree he's still not what i'd look for in a RB,,,,, he hasn't put a foot wrong & was other than Bale our best player. He's growing into that role & the longer he plays the more he'll pick up & i'm more than happy with him.

Bale again a Man Of The Match winning contribution & he's getting better with every minute he's spending on the pitch i can't believe he never scored yesterday even. His pace & power were there for all to see (& yes Lew) i may even see him as a LW soon lol.

Thats ok jim ! if the truth be told i have had my doubts, arnie made me think when he said bale is better coming from defence, funny enough i had thought about that but i wouldnt want ekotto dropped because i am in no doubt that he is the better defender, but bale has solved that left side problem, its taken a long while to get there but imho we now have our left winger, bugger the petrovs and downings, bale is different class to them.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 03 2010, 21:39

[quote="lewspurs"]
    SuneJim wrote:Can i just start by saying 3 Points,,,,,,,,,,,,,, & that's what the game was all about, simple as.

Thats ok jim ! if the truth be told i have had my doubts, arnie made me think when he said bale is better coming from defence, funny enough i had thought about that but i wouldnt want ekotto dropped because i am in no doubt that he is the better defender, but bale has solved that left side problem, its taken a long while to get there but imho we now have our left winger, bugger the petrovs and downings, bale is different class to them.

Lew , I cant remember exactly what I said about, Bale but for me the leftside is well sorted ..... Benny ( tells it like it is ) Ekotto is the left back with the Beastie Boy Bale infront of him on the wing... Once Bale has improved on looking up once getting in the positions rather than nearly always whipping one in, our forwards will get more goals..

Kaboul as Jim says did very well, although not tested to much defensively against Bolton, he was attacking how Bentley should be doing..

Man City will be a big test for our flanks, as ours will be against theirs and that's where the game could be won and lost...

BAE and Bale left side , Kaboul and Lennon on the right ...coys !
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon May 03 2010, 22:54

What I also saw was a masterclass in central defence from Dawson and King. Come on Fabio they must go to S.Africa. Actually it's interesting to note that Ledders has actually played more games this season than Ferdinand so who's the bigger risk.

Post by Guest Mon May 03 2010, 22:57

Apparentley when England scouts have come to watch Daws, if Ledders has been playing they have reported back that he is THE class England centre-half . . . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon May 03 2010, 23:02

The absolute best of his generation Gentlemen.

Even with two dodgy knees preventing him from training, he still stands out as the best on offer.

Post by Guest Mon May 03 2010, 23:19

thats the shortest post you ever written ion lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 04 2010, 00:13

seebee1944 wrote:What I also saw was a masterclass in central defence from Dawson and King. Come on Fabio they must go to S.Africa. Actually it's interesting to note that Ledders has actually played more games this season than Ferdinand so who's the bigger risk.

I cant see England doing to good in the World Cup , not against the proper teams anyway ...

And you're right about Ferdinand , Seebee...Ledders has played more games this season than him ... Dawson should make the squad ahead of Upson or any others ...

England's back four: Johnson - Ferdinand - Terry - Cole .... On present form , Cole is the only one that fills me with any confidence... Oh and Robert Green in goal ? Enuff said !

Post by Guest Tue May 04 2010, 00:40

green in goal hes let in so many goals at west ham and hasnt looked good at all. i would go with either james or hart

Post by Guest Tue May 04 2010, 00:52

ionman34 wrote:The absolute best of his generation Gentlemen.

Even with two dodgy knees preventing him from training, he still stands out as the best on offer.

Absolutely spot on 100% ion, he is the king by name and king by nature, he has proved many of us wrong including myself when i said he shouldnt be given a new contract, what the fck was i thinking,? he is miles ahead of any other english centre back.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 04 2010, 03:41

he has proved many of us wrong including myself when i said he
    shouldnt be given a new contract,

Me too Lew.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:02