The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Time to say it ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Time to say it ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Time to say it ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Time to say it ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Time to say it ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Time to say it ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Time to say it ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Time to say it ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Time to say it ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Time to say it ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Time to say it !

Time to say it ! Empty Time to say it !

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21 2010, 01:54

Yes ! harry is a w*nker, pav deserves a few games to see if he can better the crap defoe and crouch have been turning out lately, but harry is making a point that he is the big boss man.

It isnt about who,s in charge and who,s bigger than who, its about TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUB..........if one big wage player cant do it after fck knows how many chances then give the next bloke a chance...........its called equal opportunities harry..........wake up you cnut !.............give the russian a chance to see what he can do instead of playing perenial penalty fluffers, and run onto the ball big hoofers.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Time to say it ! Empty Re: Time to say it !

Post by spurslegend Sun Feb 21 2010, 03:20

fickle us never lol

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21 2010, 05:51

he brought crouch now he has to justify it. he said yesterday if pav can score 8/10 from now until the end of the seaon it make him happy. well if crouch scores 8 goals between now and rest of the season il be shocked lol
    pav cant score if hes not given game time
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sun Feb 21 2010, 05:56

to be honest lought looking at wigans pitch i dont think there will be much football played i think the ball will be more in the air than on the grass i would play crouch and defoe with gud just behind with wilson sitting i think this will be a day for flick ons and knock downs
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Feb 21 2010, 07:13

spurslegend wrote: to be honest lought looking at wigans pitch i dont think there will be much football played i think the ball will be more in the air than on the grass i would play crouch and defoe with gud just behind with wilson sitting i think this will be a day for flick ons and knock downs

I would go for Defoe and Pav. Crouch has been really dissapointing this season, considering how tall he is, he can not head the ball as well as Pav and his touch is very poor.

So Defoe and Pav for me, bring Crouch in the second half if it does not work

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21 2010, 07:23

i would save pav for wednsday. as long as harry plays him. any win here will do. we need to getback to winning ways
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Feb 21 2010, 08:07

Loughtonlegend wrote:i would save pav for wednsday. as long as harry plays him. any win here will do. we need to getback to winning ways
    Lough I thought you wanted Pav instead of Crouch
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sun Feb 21 2010, 08:55

may be not for this game phil like i said the ball will be in the air more than the floor

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21 2010, 09:04

there pitch is shite, we need 11 crouches lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Feb 21 2010, 09:27

The ball in the air , 11 Crouches .........What has Harry done to yous ? lol

FFS we're Tottenham Hotspur FC .... not friggin Wimbledon .....

Barcelona , Man Utd or even them Goons down the road at the DW stadium tomorrow , would they be thinking the best way to beat the 'Mighty Wigan' is to hit it high and long to their tallest player ?

Better not just be lumping it high tommorow or Harry gonna get some stick from me lol

I want my Tottenham back Time to say it ! Icon_cry

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21 2010, 13:13

spurslegend wrote:fickle us never lol

LOL ! to tell the honest truth dave i was trying to liven up a dull saturday afternoon, certainly got some response. Time to say it ! Lol
    Fickle me ! not a chance of it Time to say it ! Lol
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sun Feb 21 2010, 20:52

ArnieArdiles wrote:The ball in the air , 11 Crouches .........What has Harry done to yous ? lol

Barcelona , Man Utd or even them Goons down the road at the DW stadium tomorrow , would they be thinking the best way to beat the 'Mighty Wigan' is to hit it high and long to their tallest player ?

Better not just be lumping it high tommorow or Harry gonna get some stick from me lol

lol have you seen wigans pitch after the bolton game it looks like a field thats just been ploughed even those teams you have named would find it hard to play football utd barca and who was the other team you admire o yeah the scum lol bit of a gooner deep down are you son lol i would have said ronaldos mob lol lol lol lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Feb 22 2010, 02:26

spurslegend wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:The ball in the air , 11 Crouches .........What has Harry done to yous ? lol

lol have you seen wigans pitch after the bolton game it looks like a field thats just been ploughed even those teams you have named would find it hard to play football utd barca and who was the other team you admire o yeah the scum lol bit of a gooner deep down are you son lol i would have said ronaldos mob lol lol lol lol

Yep, I have seen Wigan's pitch , Legend and I refer you to the , 'Up For Wigan' thread for my thoughts on it where I wrote , I want to see us make use of the wings ...

I also said that I feel that we're good enough with the players we have to beat Wigan regardless of the tactics we use , it's just a case of what ones you wish to employ ... If you feel lumping it up from the back up to Crouch for flick ons, then fine but the facts speak for themselves ... Last season when Harry took over we had 30 remaining games to play and we played them with some good football using Pav, Defoe , Campbell and Keane as our foward players ... Over those 30 games we were the 5th best team in the league... Harry then started out this season with Keane and Defoe as our main front two, the method of play was fine and we were getting wins .. Then, Keane had a dip in form so, Harry chose Crouch over Pav as his replacement resulting in a change, in the way we played our football ...Lennon's form and a good defence has kept us up there since, when really we had an opportunity to pull away from a struggling Liverpool and a Man City team drawing something like seven games in a row..

One reason I believe why we have not been as good as we were earlier on is because we have played to much ball directly from the back up to Crouch , its an opinion obviously you dont share but for me, Crouch is not even that good as a target man as he's not powerfull and fast enough on his feet ... Better players for this are Drogba and the less obvious ones are Stoke's Furlong , West Ham's Cole , Zamora at Fulham and even Doyle at Wolves ... Its a tactic that I feel Harry has put way to much faith in .... The Defoe / Crouch front two have rarely shown the understanding Harry thought it would but has insisted on it to the team's detriment .

As for labeling me a closet gooner fan because our opinions differ on our team , I think it's only fair that you come out and confess you wish Sam Allydyrce to one day be Tottenham manager Time to say it ! Lol

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22 2010, 02:53

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    spurslegend wrote:

Yep, I have seen Wigan's pitch , Legend and I refer you to the , 'Up For Wigan' thread for my thoughts on it where I wrote , I want to see us make use of the wings ...

I also said that I feel that we're good enough with the players we have to beat Wigan regardless of the tactics we use , it's just a case of what ones you wish to employ ... If you feel lumping it up from the back up to Crouch for flick ons, then fine but the facts speak for themselves ... Last season when Harry took over we had 30 remaining games to play and we played them with some good football using Pav, Defoe , Campbell and Keane as our foward players ... Over those 30 games we were the 5th best team in the league... Harry then started out this season with Keane and Defoe as our main front two, the method of play was fine and we were getting wins .. Then, Keane had a dip in form so, Harry chose Crouch over Pav as his replacement resulting in a change, in the way we played our football ...Lennon's form and a good defence has kept us up there since, when really we had an opportunity to pull away from a struggling Liverpool and a Man City team drawing something like seven games in a row..

One reason I believe why we have not been as good as we were earlier on is because we have played to much ball directly from the back up to Crouch , its an opinion obviously you dont share but for me, Crouch is not even that good as a target man as he's not powerfull and fast enough on his feet ... Better players for this are Drogba and the less obvious ones are Stoke's Furlong , West Ham's Cole , Zamora at Fulham and even Doyle at Wolves ... Its a tactic that I feel Harry has put way to much faith in .... The Defoe / Crouch front two have rarely shown the understanding Harry thought it would but has insisted on it to the team's detriment .

As for labeling me a closet gooner fan because our opinions differ on our team , I think it's only fair that you come out and confess you wish Sam Allydyrce to one day be Tottenham manager Time to say it ! Lol
    allardyce is a fan of crouch too hahahaha

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 03:14