The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
To lought ......... EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
To lought ......... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
To lought ......... EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
To lought ......... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
To lought ......... EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
To lought ......... EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
To lought ......... EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
To lought ......... EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
To lought ......... EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

To lought ......... Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

To lought .........

To lought ......... Empty To lought .........

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24 2010, 06:43

Honestly lought ! i like a lot of your posts, i remember you ringing bales and pavs bells for the cause at about the same time i was, but adel , the way i would describe taarabt is that he is the same as ginola was, very greedy on the ball, wanting to do it all his own way, problem is ginola was a fcking talented player, the only comparison with ginola is that adel is also greedy on the ball.

To lought ......... Empty Re: To lought .........

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24 2010, 08:04

ginola is greedy on the ball. theres been games this season. like wolves stoke ect where we run out of ideas and brough a defender on as we was desprete. would of been ideal for adel
    oh adel perfect pass sets up a goal for qpr. wonder how many assists hes had since hes been starting again. did u see the free kick he got few weeks back. cant see jenas doing that, curlin it round the wall

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24 2010, 19:28

lol, aint lought allowed to like this player, hes kept tabs on him and he sees he may of been another option in certain games, pmsl and theres people trying to disuade him from this, lought wants to bring the kids thru and is being rinsed for it from others who probably never seen this kid play. lol go on tell me u have seen loads of tarrabt this season.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 24 2010, 20:05

Nothing wrong with what Lought is saying Burger. Its just that at the moment we are in a critical period and some of us don't see the blooding in of players at this time as the right time to do it. Not just that but he has apparently made it clear that he wants out. that doesn't do his chances any good at all.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Mar 24 2010, 22:01

I remember seeing Taarabt when he first showed out for Spurs and we all saw the abundance of talent that he has.

I want to see him in a Spurs shirt doing for us what Ronaldo did for Utd, but I don't think he has the mental maturity yet. His outburst, if it isn't just a sack of 'meeja' shoite, would suggest this.

Now you all know how I rate Redknapp as a man manager and one would hope that he would be able to harness that talent and bring it to full fruition in the same way he has done with every youngster he's managed from Ferdinand to Lampard to Cole and on to Bale. He seems to have this knack of instilling that maturity into these youngsters so we'll just have to wait and see whether he can do this with Adel.

What we have to realise, and this is aimed mostly at you Lought, is that he is currently playing in the fizzy pop league. I've seen the disparaging remarks aimed at Keane regarding the SPL from you and others. How is this any different? He may well stand out there but the EPL is poles apart and it seems that Harry doesn't believe he is ready yet.

I'm quite happy to follow his judgement there as he's proven to me that he knows his onions when it comes to player development.

Taarabt is young and is far from mastering his trade yet. Hopefully he'll come to realise that what Harry is doing is giving him the type of schooling he needs to not just break into the first team but to hold that place when he gets there.

He need look no further than Bale to see the truth of that.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24 2010, 22:04

burger777 wrote:lol, aint lought allowed to like this player, hes kept tabs on him and he sees he may of been another option in certain games, pmsl and theres people trying to disuade him from this, lought wants to bring the kids thru and is being rinsed for it from others who probably never seen this kid play. lol go on tell me u have seen loads of tarrabt this season.

No problems at all burger old bean ! To lought ......... Sleep of course lought is allowed his opinion as we all are, mine is that taarabt isnt good enough for the first team, is that ok by you or should i ask your permission first, To lought ......... Sleep ohh ! and i have seen taarabt play a few times this season, and i still say he isnt good enough for the spurs first team, i would also say that harry is right to give him further education at a lower club.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25 2010, 04:08

nobody sayin hes should be in the 1st team lew. im sayin we should do what man u do with there youngsters. not discard them. imagin if bale hadnt of got injurid we wouldnt have seen how good bale is. people are now sayin bale is world class. same wiv pav, Imagine when he came on with 8mins to go 1 0 up aganst wigan and didnt score. we mite of played the next 5 games wiv crouch and defoe up front. the previous 8 games crouch hadnt scored

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25 2010, 04:16

i agree with u lought, having a player like tarrabt on the bench gives a manager options, hes obviously got flare and he would of offered something new, harry tactics and his style was knocked on here for not breaking down the hulls and wolves, its these type players that can open defences. i am confused with the lack of support your getting about tarrabt,

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25 2010, 05:43

its cos its me lol. english managers dont like skillfull players. they are scared to play them. they perfer yes men. they would perfer 11 michael browns to 11 ronaldos. its why england have not won anything since 66. we rely on hardwork. Remember back at school you had the skillfull small player . he hardly ever got picked as the strong guy would always get picked ahead of him

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25 2010, 07:02

yes i do lought, i was that player, i remember my first school game at the age of about 11, i was sub and was ecstatic when i got to come on at half time, after about 75 min our manager made another sub and pulled me off again, done my self estemm and confidence a world of good that. lol. but seriously i think harrys manageing tarrabt right, game time with qpr is better than sitting on your bench, but you do have a very good point about him giving u options.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content