The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
For Lought ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
For Lought ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
For Lought ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
For Lought ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
For Lought ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
For Lought ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
For Lought ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
For Lought ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
For Lought ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

For Lought ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

For Lought !

For Lought ! Empty For Lought !

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:28

Lought ! one thing we all know about football is that it is all about money ! footballers treat clubs like cash cows and clubs treat footballers like cattle, its unfortunate but thats a fact.

You say spurs dont give certain youngsters a chance, Well i would imagine that managers have to answer to chairmen, they have to advise which youngsters to keep and which ones to allow to move on, its all financial at the end of the day, one batch of lads come in and another lot go out, its like a merry go round where some stay on and some get off.

Remember these lads still have to be waged, if the manager advises that he doesnt rate such and such a youngster then surely the chairman will get them off the wage list asap.

Those lads deemed talented but still learning are loaned out to progress in a lower division, some will make it, some wont, some will be allowed to slide through the clubs hands and make it elsewhere.

The point is lought that although you are personally disappointed that some dont get much of a chance that you must be happy with players like bale, hud and lennon, and now walker is coming to the fore, townsend and obika look great prospects, bostock too seems to be knuckling down.

So i think sometimes that you are all doom and gloom but i am pretty well pleased at the spurs youth at the moment, i really think you should be too because although many wont get a chance, others will, and if they take their chance as bale did last year then the manager will pick them on a regular basis.

Last edited by lewspurs on Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:42; edited 1 time in total

For Lought ! Empty Re: For Lought !

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:31

Why do you think that Spurs don't have a reserve team playing in a reserves league? These players you mention wouldn't have to be loaned out then would they?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:36

Mark2spark wrote:Why do you think that Spurs don't have a reserve team playing in a reserves league? These players you mention wouldn't have to be loaned out then would they?

Have to ask levy that one mark ! however i would imagine its better for youngsters to play competitive football although in a lower division, isnt it the same thing anyway?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:41

I watch our reserves now and again and i'd say they were league 2 standard, league 1 at times. But they try and play the Arsenal way Wink, bless 'em, lol, and they ain't quite got it yet.
    So whether a bit of both is called for or not is probably the question.

I see spurs having a (proper) reserve team again soon. It's in 'arry's nature.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:44

Mark2spark wrote:I watch our reserves now and again and i'd say they were league 2 standard, league 1 at times. But they try and play the Arsenal way Wink, bless 'em, lol, and they ain't quite got it yet.
    So whether a bit of both is called for or not is probably the question.

I see spurs having a (proper) reserve team again soon. It's in 'arry's nature.

I remember the old combination league mark, we were in that for years, what happened to it ?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:51

I think it's still going Lew. About 10 years ago the Prem introduced their own reserve league, which teams only get to play in if the 1st team is in the prem. So you can be simply awful but not get relegated if your senior team maintains Prem status. So I think the others play in the Combi, I think it's still called the London Combi as theres a northern one as well.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 09:57

Mark2spark wrote:I think it's still going Lew. About 10 years ago the Prem introduced their own reserve league, which teams only get to play in if the 1st team is in the prem. So you can be simply awful but not get relegated if your senior team maintains Prem status. So I think the others play in the Combi, I think it's still called the London Combi as theres a northern one as well.

You dont hear much about it mark, whereas the old (was it called) south east combination league results were given in many of the daily papers, and yes there was a nothern one too.

whether or not the youngsters play in a reserve league or loaned out its the same thing really mark , to my thinking anyway, and being loaned out and involved in relegation or promotion battles shows them a taste of full on competitive football.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 10:15

obikia wont get a chance. i would rather keep him in the sqaud then go spend loads on sum other striker.

i doubt bostock towsent and the others will make it because if we win on wednsday we wil prob buy more players which will make our sqaud even biger.

25man sqaud thats with bentley and ohara so we alreayd have to trim our team down.

not being in reserve team is just about money and savin money

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content