The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Game of 2 halves EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Game of 2 halves EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Game of 2 halves EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Game of 2 halves EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Game of 2 halves EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Game of 2 halves EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Game of 2 halves EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Game of 2 halves EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Game of 2 halves EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Game of 2 halves Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Game of 2 halves

Game of 2 halves Empty Game of 2 halves

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25 2010, 08:52

Oh how sweet to use that ole chestnut ! 1st half Fulham were magnificent. Took us on and beat us at our own game. Credit it to 'em. Kranky was off is usual high standards but most of that was down to Fulham and why did Zamora never play like that in a Spurs shirt ? 2nd half and 'arry makes 2 brave & inspired subs. Bentley immeadiate impact. The guy is slowly winning me over and he also seems a lot less egotistical and more humble these days. Thudd just cemented the midfield and showed us what we miss when he isn't on the pitch with Sgt Wilson. Pavy for Corluka was as brave as it gets and didn't it just work ? What a turn around and what a fine team performance. Well done my Spurs & well done 'arry . . . . . .Game of 2 halves 24840
    (also Villa drawing & Citeh losing, but I suppose that's another thread ! But it will make me sink a Stella or 2 more this evening. COYS . . . . .)
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Game of 2 halves Empty Re: Game of 2 halves

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 25 2010, 09:53

Arry is the man. At last I see Ion is right.
    wobberler
    wobberler
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by wobberler Thu Mar 25 2010, 11:02

I HAV NT FELT SO HAPPY SINCE THE KIDS WERE BORN,, OR WAS IT WHEN THEY LEFT?/ LOL, GOD OH TO BE A SPURS FAN, TRYING NOT TO GET TO CARRIED AWAY, JUST NICE TO GO INTO WORK THIS LAST YEAR,, COYS
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Mar 25 2010, 11:06

You're spot on with your choice of thread title,Vis ...

I thought first half we were back to our ways of January , looking to much for a Crouch flick on and when we did try to play , our passing was off with , Niko , Benny and Wilson being the worst culprits...Fulham meanwhile were playing some very good football and more than deserved their lead .....

2nd half has to be said, a massive well done to Harry for making those immediate two substitutions ..Hudd for Ekkoto I was hoping would happen, with Bale switching to left-back, we needed the Hudd, as our midfield was at times being overun and as Ive said we had not been moving the ball around very well .. Bentley for Kranjcar I didnt see coming but Harry did right , it was the right thing to do considering Niko was having an off night ....

We got the goal then Corluka gets injured ....now this for me was Harry's best substitution of the season .....Pav on for Charlie ! Well done 'Arry , again was the correct thing to do , win it in 90 mins , go for it , loved the thinking !

Pav duly obliges and who says Harry and Pav dont talk , they seem to love their touchline chats dont they ? lol

Then Eidur the iceman with the icing on the cake third.. Lovely goal , a goal that wouldnt have looked out of place at The Nou Camp ....

My one last little gripe was the last 10-15 minutes of the game where I thought we couldve been better dictating the game with our possesion, rather than all out defending and looking for a counter attack.

And to top it all off, Man City 0 Everton 2 ....

Game of 2 halves 877182 COYS!!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 25 2010, 19:04

Inspired substitutions indeed Arnie. Arry has the experience to see whats needed.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25 2010, 19:27

i thut it was arsenal i was watching second half, no pump it high to crouch, you actually got it down and passed it and it looked really good, i thut crouch,gudjohnsen linked up very well and when pav joined the mix u were unstoppable for for 25 min, its a lot better than the lump it there style that some on here adhere too and its alot more entertaining, gudjihnson goal was class. i think gudjohnsen and pav at the moment are on fire, bale is a new man and dawson is a wholehearted, gives his all defender and u have the same with gomes. yids are hitting the right notes at the right time, now will harry go for the throat against us,chelsea and manu or will harry change his tactics like he did the first time around, will he have the bollox to leave defoe out in favour of crouch,pav, or even gudjohnson, what about lennon, does he come straight back in. big decisions for harry to make and it could make all the differnce. on last nights second half performance i wouldn change too much. lennon is better than bentley but does he deliver the ball better, i wonder who the forwards would rather play with. footballs great aint it.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Mar 25 2010, 22:53

burger777 wrote:i thut it was arsenal i was watching second half.

Game of 2 halves Lol You love it dont ya Burgs.....here's a question for ya.

Would you rather;

A. be in Spurs' position by winning the FA Cup and qualifying for champs league

or

B Finishing 2nd, win nothing and champs league?
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Fri Mar 26 2010, 02:53

TRUST IN ARRY

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 04:10

DJSR wrote:

Would you rather;

or

good question, i would be more than happy with 4th spot and the fa cup, even getting to the final would be nice, but then i want my team competing with the best and winning the best trophies and u cant do that if u aint in it. so its a difficult one to answer, so i will reverse the question. what would u prefer, your team competing for 4th spot and semi final of the fa cup or quarter finals of the champ league and competing for the title, ok we risk losing the lot and we have the harder task (i think) but i think i like our situation more, i hope that makes sesnse.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri Mar 26 2010, 04:14

burger777 wrote:
    DJSR wrote:

Would you rather;

or

good question, i would be more than happy with 4th spot and the fa cup, even getting to the final would be nice, but then i want my team competing with the best and winning the best trophies and u cant do that if u aint in it. so its a difficult one to answer, so i will reverse the question. what would u prefer, your team competing for 4th spot and semi final of the fa cup or quarter finals of the champ league and competing for the title, ok we risk losing the lot and we have the harder task (i think) but i think i like our situation more, i hope that makes sesnse.

Obviously the latter would be more of a financial benefit, but to be realistic, will your lot win the CL?? i dont think you'll beat Barca, so i'd rather go with a visit to Wembley (twice) & we are now fav's to get 4th spot! Game of 2 halves Icon_rr

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 04:35

i can understand that, but visiting wembley is only good if u win and u aint made it twice there yet, ive left wembley a few times a very miserable man (91 semi comes to mind) so lets not get too far ahead of yourselves yet, 4th spot i fancy u tbh, mancini looks a man under pressure,liverpool are all over the place and villa aint done nothing right since carling cup final, as for us barca will be very tuff and my head says it will be the end, but apart from them there aint any other team that would bother me, so who knows and like i say if u dont buy a ticket u aint going to win it, the worst thing about barca beating us will be the fabregas factor, if they hammer us it could turn his thuts to them and that would be our biggest loss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:17