The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
FULHAM (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
FULHAM (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
FULHAM (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
FULHAM (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
FULHAM (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
FULHAM (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
FULHAM (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
FULHAM (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
FULHAM (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

FULHAM (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

FULHAM (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

FULHAM (My Take) Empty FULHAM (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Fri Mar 26 2010, 21:50

Right if ever a game was a game of two halves this was it.

I was worried with the front line that we'd get the ball down the by line with Bale but no one would have the pace to get in the box, exactly what happened first half. The whole team as a collective didn't have the best of halves & changes had to be made. The two that came off were the worst offenders on the night & it was a good piece of Management by Harry making them so early.

But before i get onto the second half performance i have to say a word about Fulham they had a phenomenal first half & deserved there lead. To be brutally honest it could have been worse by the break. They were compact & never gave us any space & caught us on the hop a few times with there quick counterattacks with the sort of free flowing football you'd normally associate with us at WHL.

So onto the second half with instant impact from Bentley who's a different player lately & rightly got all the plaudits after the match with his goal & cross for Pav's blinder. But i want to mention the influence THudd had on the second half. Steadied the ship in the middle & his razor sharp passing got us moving the ball round the pitch much quicker & with greater accuracy. Just shows how much we have missed him. Tell's you the progress he's made this season, he is first choice simple as. So two inspired sub's by Mr Redknapp, have to give him credit because i sure give him stick when he drops a clanger, in my opinion.

But i can't give him credit for the Pavlyuchenko Substitution. Because if Corluka hadn't of been injured Pav would never have been on the pitch to score the second when he did. Yes Harry could have made a different change but he wanted to stick with his experience so his hand was forced. More luck than judgement there then i reckon.

But what a goal,,,,,,,,,,,,,, great cross from Bentley & what a volley from Pavlyuchenko with his swinger didn't even see it coming myself. I thought high, wide & handsome,,,,,,,,,,, but suddenly i realised the net was bulging. Super, Super Pav, was sung at the top of my voice. He is my Favourite player & it's nice to have one that plays.

Now when i saw Palacios going to RB i got visions of Didier Zokora quite capable but can make a blunder. But i was well happy with Palacios looked really comfortable there.

I was really impressed with Gudjohnsen's stamina as i expected him to fade drastically in the second half with not much first team football, but he didn't. He was even a good presence when he dropped into CM with even more running needed. Well they do say form is temporary, class is permanent.

Now while i'm happy to be in a semi final & while it is at Wembley i'm not getting to excited like some seem to be because it is still only a semi. Yes a big game & a great stage to play it on. But i won't be getting to carried away till we've booked our second trip there for the Final. But i am looking forward to it don't get me wrong.

Spurs, are on there way to Wembley, Twice!

FULHAM (My Take) Empty Re: FULHAM (My Take)

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 22:24

WEMBLEY WEMBLEY WE ARE THE FAMOUS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR AND WE R GOING TO WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Mar 27 2010, 00:08

i think bentley has a eye on the world cup beks out lennon still not fit i think he thinks he has a chance should see him running his bolloscks off from now on as for the pav sub i dident want to see him coming on his handstring could have gone big time but im glad to say it dident and what a goal massive game against pompey 3 pts a must luv being a yid and trust in arry

Post by Guest Sat Mar 27 2010, 00:15

yea i thought hudd was brillant when he came on. him and pav or my favorties

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 10:14