The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
adel EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
adel EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
adel EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
adel EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
adel EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
adel EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
adel EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
adel EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
adel EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

adel Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

adel

adel Empty adel

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 09:40

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5205480/
    sets up 2 goals with hes skill

adel Empty Re: adel

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31 2010, 18:27

go on lought.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 31 2010, 20:10

Loughtonlegend wrote:http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5205480/
    sets up 2 goals with hes skill

Cool, now show the ones where his done it in the prem Lought, youll never convince me as all ive seen in a Spurs shirt, apart from one game against the Hammers was a talented midfielder that loses the ball in ctitical areas and ararely passes to his team mates.

However, as Hudd, Modders, Wilson are playing so well, Lennon nearing fitness, Bale excelling at left midfield or defence, Kranj having one bad game in 20, Bentley finding form, who you gonna drop for your beloved Adel?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 02:55

omg what a stupid statment. show me when hes started in the prem, i remember he started away to chelsea and we lost 1 0. cant remember any other games he started, he came on last 8 mins aganst arsneal at home last season and in that 8 mins he created the best 2 chances. remember hes burst throug arsneal midfeild n put lennon through who fluffed it.
    how many games has jenas played for spurs. 200. how many good games, 20 if ur lucky. i see gio aint done much since hes gone to a spanish 2nd divison league yet adel was top qpr goalscorer at start of the season then they got new manager who didnt start him and now warnock incharge adel startin games again and qpr started winning, the guy has so much skill.
    remember ronaldo 1st season people writen him off sayin hes 1 trick pony. now look at him.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Apr 01 2010, 03:15

Loughtonlegend wrote:omg what a stupid statment. show me when hes started in the prem, i remember he started away to chelsea and we lost 1 0. cant remember any other games he started, he came on last 8 mins aganst arsneal at home last season and in that 8 mins he created the best 2 chances. remember hes burst throug arsneal midfeild n put lennon through who fluffed it.
    how many games has jenas played for spurs. 200. how many good games, 20 if ur lucky. i see gio aint done much since hes gone to a spanish 2nd divison league yet adel was top qpr goalscorer at start of the season then they got new manager who didnt start him and now warnock incharge adel startin games again and qpr started winning, the guy has so much skill.
    remember ronaldo 1st season people writen him off sayin hes 1 trick pony. now look at him.

You cant compare Ronaldo to Adel, i saw his best stint against a poor Hammers team and TBH i would not drop anyone for him, no point mentioning Jenas as he wont get a look in now either, so who of the players I mentioned would you drop for him?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 03:16

lought hes a young lad with talent and potential, he aint got no chance at spurs.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 03:22

your right burgs. dj going on about a game adel played in 2007 when he came on when west ham was winning 3 2 on 78mins. yet he turned the game around and got the free kick which led to berbatov goal. last game of the season jol says all our players or sick apart from murphy who was an unsued sub on the bench.
    you should go watch the clips of adel on youtube. did u see that free kick he scored for qpr, when was last time spurs scored a free kick, adel has more skill then anyone in our team, if gazza was playin today all you lot woudl say no get rid hes not a team player. ginola dont track back gazza never hoddle never. yet they are legends at spurs.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Apr 01 2010, 03:54

burger777 wrote:lought hes a young lad with talent and potential, he aint got no chance at spurs.

Here we go again. Burger on a wind up.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 07:43

Okies Lought 2 good passes against Preston (15th in the Fizzy Pop League) ? What does this prove ? Certainley he is not a better option than Kranky, Moddle, Thudd or Sgt Wilson ! How about a better link player than Eidur The Iceman ? Better than Bentley ? Please argure your case. Better than Jenas ? Again, please argue your case. Give me one good reason why he should be starting for Spurs. I will even accept a place on the bench debate, but 2 (two) passes against a PNE defence that looked all over the place does not make him a Premiership class midfielder & whatever promise he shows for a QPR side that seem to have had a 1000 managers this season does not prove to me that he is the next Ronaldo. Get him back to The Lane for next season, integrate him into the squad, allow him to become a self-less part of that squad and when he gets his chance on the pitch let him show his worth in a Spurs shirt and I will give you an honest appraisal. TBH I have seen Crouch play just as good lay-offs this season . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 07:44

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:
    burger777 wrote:lought hes a young lad with talent and potential, he aint got no chance at spurs.

Here we go again. Burger on a wind up.

Then stick him on ignore Bazza . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Apr 01 2010, 07:47

Oh he don't bother me Vis. Just saying he's up to his usual tricks. I can't put anyone on ignore anyway Vis. I have to know whats going on mate.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 07:57

LOL Bazza. Yup we all know our Burgs shennanigans eh ? Bless, him but back to the original thread - I feel we can afford to lose 1 game and draw no more than 2. The rest must be victories . . . . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 07:58

PMSL, what thread was I on ???????????? Fekin confused dot fekin com

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01 2010, 08:01

<BLOCKQUOTE>

You're kidding right? I'm meant to read all of that? This bitch needs a taxi Diego and no mistakin'
    adel Taxi

</BLOCKQUOTE>
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Apr 01 2010, 19:28

Loughtonlegend wrote:your right burgs. dj going on about a game adel played in 2007 when he came on when west ham was winning 3 2 on 78mins. yet he turned the game around and got the free kick which led to berbatov goal. last game of the season jol says all our players or sick apart from murphy who was an unsued sub on the bench.
    you should go watch the clips of adel on youtube. did u see that free kick he scored for qpr, when was last time spurs scored a free kick, adel has more skill then anyone in our team, if gazza was playin today all you lot woudl say no get rid hes not a team player. ginola dont track back gazza never hoddle never. yet they are legends at spurs.

I'll ask you again Lought, who would you drop out of the players I mentioned for Adel?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Apr 01 2010, 22:42

[quote="djfitzo"]
    Loughtonlegend wrote:your right burgs. dj going on about a game adel played in 2007 when he came on when west ham was winning 3 2 on 78mins. yet he turned the game around and got the free kick which led to berbatov goal. last game of the season jol says all our players or sick apart from murphy who was an unsued sub on the bench.

I'll ask you again Lought, who would you drop out of the players I mentioned for Adel?
    adel 563498 You ever get that feeling DJ?

He'd probably drop Crouch!

Pop quiz for you Lought. You have to drop one of the following players ........................ Pav or Taarabt.

What do you do?.................................

What do you do?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Apr 01 2010, 23:07

[quote="ionman34"]
    djfitzo wrote:

adel 563498 You ever get that feeling DJ?

He'd probably drop Crouch!

Pop quiz for you Lought. You have to drop one of the following players ........................ Pav or Taarabt.

What do you do?.................................

What do you do?

Oh stop it you guys this thead is killing me. ROFL Ion.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Apr 01 2010, 23:34

He does'nt always get a place in the QPR side and their last manager said he was not a team player. Over the years there have been a lot of players that can go on mazy runs that look good but dont' go anywhere. I think he would be more of a liability than an asset in fact O'Hara has more to offer the TEAM ! than Tarbt ( dont' you agree Jim ? )
    Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Apr 01 2010, 23:39

I don't think Jim will agree somehow Mikey.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 02 2010, 02:10

he was playin the 1st 8 games for qpr when they was undefeated and in top 5. there last caretaker manager mick the plank harford dropped him and they didnt win anygames, warnock got the job recalled adel and they started winning, hes got about 7 goals so far this season.
    i wouldnt drop any of the starten 11. gomez corluka daws basson bale mod hud lennon wp pav defoe but id have him on the subs bench. . alwick krankar crouch gud adel bentley
    as for ohara he wants us to lose so if we lose i cant see him playin for us again
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Fri Apr 02 2010, 10:58

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:I don't think Jim will agree somehow Mikey.

Wrong actually Baz,,,,,,,,,,,,, at least O'Hara is a team player. Taarabt is a self obsessed ego maniac who plays for himself. He has the ability to be a very good player, but the fact the person he cares about most on a pitch is him will always over shadow any thing he can do.

With such a good team spirit & a squad that want to play for each other only a total idiot would even think about bringing in a self obsessed glory hunter.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 02 2010, 11:34

why would i drop pav when hes got 9 goals in less then 9 games compared to crouch 1 in 11. but anyone im not sayin id start adel cos i wouldnt. but i would have him around the sqaud and when we do get in a good postion in a game then bring him on for 20mins. remember last 2 games he played for us. arsenal at home last 10 mins and then extra time v burnley when we had been poor all game until extra time.
    managers make the mistake of puttin players like adel out on thewings as its safer but imagine puttin him up front, he would wana beat the man not slow the game down and try hold the ball up
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Apr 02 2010, 18:39

he would wana beat the man not slow the game down and try hold the ball up
    Theres the rub Lought would in the Championship, could in the prem, if your saying keep him just for 20 minutes of each game when we are doing well and one of the 4 midfielders that have got us there has to come off, then your going to upset them, when Kranj or Modders have been on the bench recently, you dont here them crying to the papers saying they could have gone to Arsenal.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 03 2010, 01:44

so you dont think the top teams take of there best players when they have the game won. when liverpool get 3 0 up on 70th min mark off goes torres for a rest same with chelsea man u so on
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Apr 03 2010, 15:11

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]so you dont think the top teams take of there best players when they have the game won. when liverpool get 3 0 up on 70th min mark off goes torres for a rest same with chelsea man u so on

Now this I agree with Lought. Give him a run out either in an already won game or cup competition. See what he does right and what he does wrong and show it to him. Then give him another go to see if he's learnt anything.

If he won't listen, thinks he knows more than the coaching staff then drop him like a Bangladeshi slip fielder.

If he doesn't learn to play for the team, wants to move on then give him his wish. We'll never see the talent flourish if he refuses to learn and is only dreaming of Real Madrid.

If the ego is the problem then it'll be 4 or 5 clubs down the line before he is of any real benefit to anyone.

His loss really, curing a drink problem would take less time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:10