The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) Empty POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Wed Apr 14 2010, 00:03

Right it's taken me a couple of days to clear my head & really look at the happenings of the day in the supposedly nailed on semi.

I will start to two defining moments,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1, Dawson slipped on a pitch that while a joke was the same for both sides, but it's just typical it effected us in such a way. Players from all 4 teams had trouble over the weekend keeping there footing but we came of the worst. I have to laugh about that to save myself from crying.

2, Palacios great sliding tackle & never a penalty in a month of Sunday's. But when you go in like that in the area you put yourself at the mercy of the Ref & on this Sunday of the month it was a given. Plus a yellow card that has more far reaching ramifications than just losing a Semi Final. He misses the Chelsea & Gooner games as well. Now i know some people will say he didn't need to make the tackle but he did, because if he doesn't & a goal was scored not only us but his Manager would all over him like a rash.

But i don't want to dwell on those two points any longer.

Now in my opinion while we had lots of possession we didn't really do much with it & never got into any real threatening positions for the most part & then when we didn't look clinical. It was like watching the Stoke, Hull at home & both the Wolves games again. Loads of good play but no real bite.

We looked like a team that had brought into all the hype that there was only ever going to be one result & all we had to do was go through the motions & we'd win. Our tempo was to slow for the whole 120 minutes. Plus the longer the game went on the more nervous the players looked in possession & were trying things they didn't need to. All we needed was to up the speed of the movement of the ball & the players movement like we did in the second half against Fulham in the QF.

When Pavlyuchenko came on i thought it would be for Crouch. Unless Defoe was feeling an injury or some thing you keep the main threat on surely. Huddlestone looked dead on his feet & Bentley done himself no favours in his quest to regain England form.

Gomes made a couple of really good saves & other than Bale & Modric no one else did themselves justice. Bale was our MOTM & Modric while not every thing came off at least kept going all game & did some very good defending in extra time.

So after taking all that on board all i can say is FATE played a big part on Sunday & maybe it was always going to be Pompey's destiny to reach the final this year with all the adversity they've faced. So all i can say is,,,,,,,,,, Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up,,,,,,,,,,,,, OH and i hope we can call O'Hara back before the Final especially after what he was saying in his punditry role lol.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) Empty Re: POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take)

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 14 2010, 00:15

Apparently we can't call O'Hara back Jim. Spot on assessment as usual Jim.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14 2010, 00:29

all things considered i thought me and jim handled ourselves quite well after the game considering we downed 20 cans of beer each that day haha - good assessment though mate!!
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Apr 14 2010, 02:01

spursbod1974 wrote:all things considered i thought me and jim handled ourselves quite well after the game considering we downed 20 cans of beer each that day haha - good assessment though mate!!

Did help having a few people round,,,,,,,,,, loads of beer & Sing Star lol.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Apr 14 2010, 02:02

BazSpur wrote:Apparently we can't call O'Hara back Jim. Spot on assessment as usual Jim.

Well hope he gets an injury (no thing to serious) or a red card or some thing lol.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Wed Apr 14 2010, 02:50

I HOPE HE BREAKS HIS fcuking NECK THE JUDAS SCUM PLUS I HOPE HIS KID TURNS OUT WITH A 2 FOOT AFRO LOOKING THE SPITTING IMAGE OF DEFOE
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Apr 14 2010, 02:57

spurslegend wrote:I HOPE HE BREAKS HIS fcuking NECK THE JUDAS SCUM PLUS I HOPE HIS KID TURNS OUT WITH A 2 FOOT AFRO LOOKING THE SPITTING IMAGE OF DEFOE

Ever the diplomat Dave lol.

But i did say to Yid Sunday bet it pops out black,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, & he'll say it's something to do with a genetic disorder in his family back ground because he won't get another bird like that lol.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 14 2010, 04:55

What has the colour of his kid got to do with football? What does it matter what colour it is?
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Wed Apr 14 2010, 05:34

dident mean the heart attack remark ill take that back but you really have it in for me baz if burger is a close friend or family member then just tell me and i wont dig him out again if hes not then stop getting the hump about me and him and stop trying to make me look like everything i post is wrong there was no racist in my post it was banter but your post is trying to make out it was

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14 2010, 05:56

Dave I took your original post off mate. No need for that one. Baz has a hard job trying to decide what is acceptable to him & others or not. And he makes the rules.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 14 2010, 06:04

Dave, I was just asking a question. I didn't accuse you of anything. Burger isn't a close friend or anything but at the end of the day Dave and we have been through this I don't know how many times. You don't like Burger, OK we all accept that but I don't want to keep seeing it everytime he is on. I will say again. You have an ignore button in your profile. Dave, you know as well as me you wouldn't be able to get away with slagging him off on the goon forum or on the Spam forum. So why do you think I should be any different? As long as its banter I don't have a problem but it goes beyond banter with you and him IMO. You have a real hate for him, thats fine, thats up to you. I don't hate him, to me he is just another poster and as such should be shown respect as a poster on these forums. By the Way I must have missed the heart attack comment. I have no clue what you are talking about. Oh, and Dave I don't have it in for you. You are like everyone else, A poster on this forum and you like everyone else is entitled to be here but like everyone else you have to adhere to the rules. Thats all I ask..

Last edited by BazSpur on Wed Apr 14 2010, 06:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add something I forgot.)
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Wed Apr 14 2010, 06:40

ok
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Apr 14 2010, 11:34

BazSpur wrote:What has the colour of his kid got to do with football? What does it matter what colour it is?

Let me take this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, O'Hara the little tosser is having a kid with Defoe's old flame so it's just a bit of stick for O'Hara that he deserves for what he's been saying about us, thus the validity of it on a footy forum designed for banter.

But if we continually have to kowtow to what just one person believes is banter this board is on a slippery slope especially when that person is a proven over-reactor (actually that's a bit harsh but for the want of a better word i'm sticking with it lol) & has next to no idea about the differences in football banter on the terraces what seems to be wanted on here. It's just not polite it's tribal, sorry Mate, nothing personal but Yes Baz i do mean you lol.

As for Burger Dave hates his sly digs that either no one gets or just lets past & in our world that's just not acceptable lads it's really not. He See's it as a Gooner having the run of a Spurs board. Which to him is far worse than than any thing Dave's said about Burgers travel plans going the shape of the pear.

I don't really want to upset anyone or make it personal but this starting to get a bit silly i feel like a little school kid having to watch what he says because of the headmaster lol.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14 2010, 16:43

[quote="SuneJim"]
    BazSpur wrote:What has the colour of his kid got to do with football? What does it matter what colour it is?

Let me take this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, O'Hara the little tosser is having a kid with Defoe's old flame so it's just a bit of stick for O'Hara that he deserves for what he's been saying about us, thus the validity of it on a footy forum designed for banter.

But if we continually have to kowtow to what just one person believes is banter this board is on a slippery slope especially when that person is a proven over-reactor (actually that's a bit harsh but for the want of a better word i'm sticking with it lol) & has next to no idea about the differences in football banter on the terraces what seems to be wanted on here. It's just not polite it's tribal, sorry Mate, nothing personal but Yes Baz i do mean you lol.

As for Burger Dave hates his sly digs that either no one gets or just lets past & in our world that's just not acceptable lads it's really not. He See's it as a Gooner having the run of a Spurs board. Which to him is far worse than than any thing Dave's said about Burgers travel plans going the shape of the pear.

To tell the honest truth jim i never noticed burgers sly digs until dave made it known , and from then on i tended to look for them and yes ! burger does get in some sly digs, but to his credit he does seem to know the tottenham players (ability wise ) than a lot others on here.
    Now this is not to say i like burger............but he does contribute also in a positive way, at times, but then he can go the way of the goon and be insulting even if he doesnt realise it, and then claim its you thats in the wrong.

At the end of the day if someone is posting something that you find annoying or anti spurs then its just best to ignore it, i know thats easier said than done but if we all ignored the sly digs , or castigated the bloke for them then he might stop doing it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 14 2010, 18:25

Well, I could answer your post about young Jamie Jim but I won't.
    bother. What I will say is, I have always said banter is fine as long as
    its in context and doesn't deviate into insults. Picking up on your kow
    towing to one person on here i.e me obviously. I have no designs on
    becoming a dictator on here no more than any other owner of any forum
    across the net and I belong to a few forums and believe me there are
    some that are far worse than this in what you can and can't say. There
    have to be rules that much is clear. I have spent time on the gooner and
    Spam board where I haven't seen any problems at all. Nobody steps out
    of line (except for one occasion on the goon board) and everyone gets on
    well. I don't get insulted when I go on the gooner board. No one hopes I
    have a fatal accident. Why is that? Not because they have suddelny
    become Angels, no its because Lizzy keeps a tight reign on it. They know
    she won't have it. She is far more stringent than I am IMO she has
    already threatened to terminate posters for a misdemeanor which in my
    opinion I didn't think was that bad but its her forum and she deals with
    it in her way. Her warning post is still on her board if anyone wants
    to see it. The question to all posters on here is an easy one. Do we
    want this board to turn into a clone of AOL? The clear answer to that
    from most people judging by the amount of times aol is slagged off for
    not having proper control is no. So posters on here don't want it and I
    don't want it. So how do you stop the board descending into chaos?
    Answer. By having rules that must be adhered to. The rules are clear to
    see on here they are now at the top of Spurs chat and other forums in
    the form of a sticky. One rule says Be respectful to
    all posters. Banter is fine. The mods will remove abusive posts and
    persistant abusers will get a warning."
    It can't be any plainer
    can it? The same basic warning is on the goon and spam site. Burger has been taken to task on here loads of times, remember the Harry ruined Pompey thread? He was ripped apart by posters on here and it has happened on several occasions with some of his more outragious threads but it was all done without the need for insults.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14 2010, 18:39

lol i aint posted for over a week and people are still talking about me, baz its obvious people wnat an aol board, they show very little respect to u and are going to continue this whatever way u deal with it, its a shame because u have got a good board together here but how many times have u asked people to change there ways. im sure u can see it. as for me i am just posting a farewell really, its all getting a bit too much and time consuming for me. people hoping my plane crashes is taking it a little too far and the in defence of dave posts are becoming more laughable by the min, people want tribal on the tarraces crack but as long as it is only 1 way, imagine if i said i hope someone has a fatal accident on here, as for leggys comments they dont bother me 1 bit, its the backup defence posts that make me cringe, 5 posts u have written in defence of dave jim, yes mate 5, now why write them if his posts are so innocent, i think we all know the reasons why. anyway good luck to the decent ones on here and that is most of yous, its a shame your board is becoming taken over by the minority.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14 2010, 19:06

You,ll be back mr burger ! you,ll be back, you wont be able to resist it if you beat us tonight.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14 2010, 19:44

BERGOON stupid

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14 2010, 19:51

he was having a dig at o hara baz, that baby his mrs is having is defoes hahaha
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Apr 14 2010, 20:33

Burger if you'd have said i hoped my plane crashes as a jibe at me going somewhere with Spurs that puts them in a better position than you Gooners i wouldn't have given a monkeys i really wouldn't because i would have translated it as what it was meant to be a way of saying hope your dreams are shot down & you go out because i know like Dave in that comment your not malicious.

I wouldn't have thought for a minute about the wider context of a fatal accident which it surely would be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, because it's just a throw away comment on a football board. It's all in the way you decide to translate things.

Just look at saying's like,,,,,,,,, he has the first touch of a rapist,,,,,,,,,,,,, a disgusting thing to say maybe if you think about the actual act of rape. But in football whens it's just a way of saying the bloke had a heavy touch, it's sort of tolerated.

That's why i'm defending Dave here because that's all he meant i've talked to him about choosing his words more carefully i have so don't think i'm just trying to relay what Dave meant in a one way street. That's why i've backed him now SIX times.

As for you Burger i can give as good i get & you enjoy the banter any way & you loving being the centre of attention you know you do lol.

Hope your reading this as well Baz because i know i'm being a pain with this & i didn't really mean to dig you out over it & this really is my last word on the subject. We just have to get round the fact we have different idea's on what's acceptable banter & as your the Board owner i will fall into line with what you want just wish people wouldn't over analyze things that sometimes aren't the wisest to say but were never meant to be malicious

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14 2010, 20:49

SuneJim wrote:Burger if you'd have said i hoped my plane crashes as a jibe at me going somewhere with Spurs that puts them in a better position than you Gooners i wouldn't have given a monkeys i really wouldn't because i would have translated it as what it was meant to be a way of saying hope your dreams are shot down & you go out because i know like Dave in that comment your not malicious.

I wouldn't have thought for a minute about the wider context of a fatal accident which it surely would be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, because it's just a throw away comment on a football board. It's all in the way you decide to translate things.

Just look at saying's like,,,,,,,,, he has the first touch of a rapist,,,,,,,,,,,,, a disgusting thing to say maybe if you think about the actual act of rape. But in football whens it's just a way of saying the bloke had a heavy touch, it's sort of tolerated.

That's why i'm defending Dave here because that's all he meant i've talked to him about choosing his words more carefully i have so don't think i'm just trying to relay what Dave meant in a one way street. That's why i've backed him now SIX times.

As for you Burger i can give as good i get & you enjoy the banter any way & you loving being the centre of attention you know you do lol.

Hope your reading this as well Baz because i know i'm being a pain with this & i didn't really mean to dig you out over it & this really is my last word on the subject. We just have to get round the fact we have different idea's on what's acceptable banter & as your the Board owner i will fall into line with what you want just wish people wouldn't over analyze things that sometimes aren't the wisest to say but were never meant to be malicious
    well i hope campbell gets what he deserves tonight and gets hurt hahahaha

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14 2010, 21:04

I hope judas breaks his fcking neck ! POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) Icon_evil

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14 2010, 21:20

LUV IT!!!! lol!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14 2010, 21:40

OK time to nail my colours to the mast. I thought Dave's post about O'****'s chavvy was amusing. Lets be honest, if his G/F had of been dating Daws instead of Defore beforehand the post would have read 6 foot 6 & a gormless smile on it's chops. Sometimes things that are funny don't come across as such because of the medium we are using. In a pub, face to face, it's the sort of crack that gets people chuckling. What followed from Dave was not right or acceptable and thats why I deleted it. Also it has to be said that it was Dave who brought Burgs into the post about Pompey ! Bit leftfield that one. A post that was meant to discuss Sundays defeat suddenley became a call to arms in support of or against a person who, hadn't at that time, had any input to the thread . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 14 2010, 22:17

lewspurs wrote:I hope judas breaks his fcking neck ! POMPEY,,,,,, (My Take) Icon_evil

I don't give a toss about that Judas scumbag TBH. There are some things I wouldn't say but thats just me. The other thing is he doesn't post on here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 00:03