The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
For Baz ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
For Baz ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
For Baz ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
For Baz ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
For Baz ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
For Baz ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
For Baz ! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
For Baz ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
For Baz ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

For Baz ! - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

For Baz !

tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

For Baz ! - Page 2 Empty Re: For Baz !

Post by tressman1 Wed Apr 21 2010, 19:44

Oh Jim thankfully I live a long way away from ion, so sorry I cant help at all

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 20:28

[quote="SuneJim"]But Lew that's what these boards are for DEBATE & that's all Ion does,,,,,,,,,, & better than most. But i will grant you he can seem a bit holier than thou at times in his replies & some of his remarks can be quite cutting as well. But overall i like his wit,,,,,,,,,, but i do understand it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

I suppose it's all down to how it's done but i do like a bit of cutting edge in the debate,,,,,,,,,,, as it can get boring when we all see eye to eye politely lol. You probably won't believe this but you want to hear Me & Dave on the phone we can give it to each other with both barrels at times when we don't agree on things & that's why we love talking to each other so much. So i hope you & Ionman can find some middle ground to work on Mate.[/quote )

I think ion and myself will be ok, but i took the stance i did on the kaboul thread because it isnt a controversial statement in my opinion.
    If ion hadnt have opened his opinion with " i get fed up with criticism of our players " etc etc then i would probably have backed off , we love our players at spurs but that doesnt mean they are above being criticised ! these players are being paid mega money and sometimes the effort they put in is shameful.......

I remember ion saying " leave off berbatov " "its all media crap " and he lambasted those posters who realised what was happening with our star player at the time, well how wrong was ions opinion jim ? i didnt see ion coming back saying "ok lads you were right about berbatov " particularly as berbatov set up a meeting with ferguson without the clubs permission, the club who he is contracted to, prior to that his body language during a game for spurs was just of disinterest which was an insult to our club but in ions opinion he is fed up with criticism of our players, he was wrong then and he might be wrong now to down an opinion that simply read...........i dont rate kaboul in the right back slot ! a world shaking statement that jim, worthy of hours and hours of debate. For Baz ! - Page 2 Lol
    Who knows ? kaboul might go on to being a spurs legend, i hope he does because that means harry has made a great decision in buying him back, and i will be the first one to say i was wrong about him as i later admitted i was about gomes and krancjar.....................they dont inspire the greatest confidence in me but they certainly are good players...........
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 21 2010, 20:50

All of that may be true Lew but at the end of the day isn't the best way sometimes just to post a For Baz ! - Page 2 Lol Sometimes the best way is to make light of a situation. I find thats the best policy rather than go into a thread which can be never ending or the other one I use is "We'll have to agree to disagree" That doesn'r mean I have lost, the debate it just means I feel the conversation has gone as far as it can because neither of us are going to agree.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Apr 21 2010, 21:28

[quote="lewspurs"][quote="SuneJim"]But Lew that's what these boards are for DEBATE & that's all Ion does,,,,,,,,,, & better than most. But i will grant you he can seem a bit holier than thou at times in his replies & some of his remarks can be quite cutting as well. But overall i like his wit,,,,,,,,,, but i do understand it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

I suppose it's all down to how it's done but i do like a bit of cutting edge in the debate,,,,,,,,,,, as it can get boring when we all see eye to eye politely lol. You probably won't believe this but you want to hear Me & Dave on the phone we can give it to each other with both barrels at times when we don't agree on things & that's why we love talking to each other so much. So i hope you & Ionman can find some middle ground to work on Mate.[/quote )

I think ion and myself will be ok, but i took the stance i did on the kaboul thread because it isnt a controversial statement in my opinion.
    If ion hadnt have opened his opinion with " i get fed up with criticism of our players " etc etc then i would probably have backed off , we love our players at spurs but that doesnt mean they are above being criticised ! these players are being paid mega money and sometimes the effort they put in is shameful.......

I remember ion saying " leave off berbatov " "its all media crap " and he lambasted those posters who realised what was happening with our star player at the time, well how wrong was ions opinion jim ? i didnt see ion coming back saying "ok lads you were right about berbatov " particularly as berbatov set up a meeting with ferguson without the clubs permission, the club who he is contracted to, prior to that his body language during a game for spurs was just of disinterest which was an insult to our club but in ions opinion he is fed up with criticism of our players, he was wrong then and he might be wrong now to down an opinion that simply read...........i dont rate kaboul in the right back slot ! a world shaking statement that jim, worthy of hours and hours of debate. For Baz ! - Page 2 Lol
    Who knows ? kaboul might go on to being a spurs legend, i hope he does because that means harry has made a great decision in buying him back, and i will be the first one to say i was wrong about him as i later admitted i was about gomes and krancjar.....................they dont inspire the greatest confidence in me but they certainly are good players...........

I actually posted on here, or was it the AOHELL board, that I'd read him all wrong Lew and admitted to my error in judgement.

Surprised you missed that one.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 21:50

[quote="ionman34"][quote="lewspurs"]
    SuneJim wrote:But Lew that's what these boards are for DEBATE & that's all Ion does,,,,,,,,,, & better than most. But i will grant you he can seem a bit holier than thou at times in his replies & some of his remarks can be quite cutting as well. But overall i like his wit,,,,,,,,,, but i do understand it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

I actually posted on here, or was it the AOHELL board, that I'd read him all wrong Lew and admitted to my error in judgement.

Surprised you missed that one.

Yes you did ion ! i remember now you have reminded me , sorry mate .
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Apr 22 2010, 01:20

tressman1 wrote:Oh Jim thankfully I live a long way away from ion, so sorry I cant help at all

That's a shame we could have had a benefit day in aid of getting me to Oz or at least enough money to have a bloody good drink for all of us to talk face to face lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 02:23