The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Warning ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Warning ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Warning ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Warning ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Warning ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Warning ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Warning ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Warning ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Warning ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Warning ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Warning !

Warning ! Empty Warning !

Post by Guest Sat May 08 2010, 02:16

Listen guys and gals, we have a great team, we have had many key players out for weeks on end but still managed to do the business at the important stage of the season without i may add.....lennon.

Dont be in a rush to desire the mercenaries ! dont be in a hurry to sign big earners because these lads have taken us to a fresh level, let them have their chance to prove we dont need big signings, we have great back up players, we have talent out on loan, yeah maybe a goal poacher could be added........but we dont often find a jimmy greaves out there in the modern game and thats the sort of player we need......if any ?

Warning ! Empty Re: Warning !

Post by Guest Sat May 08 2010, 05:51

Lew I think you will find that in your thread "big money signings" that people are discussing signings to add to the squad rather than mercenary superstars on inflated wages. Levy will not allow that to happen anyway. Spurs have a rigid wage structure in place and players are rewarded with longer contracts & enhanced image rights etc. He will not stop enhancement but he will do it on his & the clubs terms . . . .. .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat May 08 2010, 06:26

Id be more than happy to go into next season with the squad we have, we have the lad Sandro to come in we will see how comes along and i think a few of the youngsters will gets some game time next term.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat May 08 2010, 19:32

HotspurRoper wrote:Id be more than happy to go into next season with the squad we have, we have the lad Sandro to come in we will see how comes along and i think a few of the youngsters will gets some game time next term.
    Think you right Ropes, you start chopping and changing too much it might affect the team spirit we have now, it seems that every player never moans when being substituted or left on the bench, bit different to Adam Johnsons reaction when he came off on Wednesday!! Im sure we will lose 2 or 3 players in the summer as I cant see Jenas getting a game now and Keanos never going to re-adjust to the prem after playing in the second rate Scottish prem, he wasnt playing that well before he left. But we are Tottenham and nothing would surprise me, however nailing Bale down BEFORE we got champs league footie shows our intent for next season, Huds already extended and Modders was already long term, I think they can all see where we are going and thats upwards.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 08 2010, 20:23

Spot on Dave.

Post by Guest Sun May 09 2010, 01:46

I think i'm going to disagree, surprise surprise Warning ! Icon_biggrin
    Don't underestimate how injuries can decimate a squad. Strength in depth for your mob next year if your gonna make something of it. Although you've had good domestic cup runs, playing twice a week in the Aug - Dec period on the back of a WC year is a big gamble without the extra players.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 09 2010, 01:49

We'll just do what you do Mark. Use our second string for the CC and FA cups.

Post by Guest Sun May 09 2010, 01:52

BazSpur wrote:We'll just do what you do Mark. Use our second string for the CC and FA cups.

I think this is what will happen baz, the cc and fa cup will be treated as less important to us, but it does give fringe players like taarabt a chance to put his money where his mouth is.

Post by Guest Sun May 09 2010, 02:07

I'll agree. There's only so much money to go round.
    I don't agree with it myself, I wish we showed a bit more effort in the domestic cups, but there you go, Arsenal can't be accused of not being plain about it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 09 2010, 02:12

I thought you were signing off lol.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun May 09 2010, 04:45

I agree Harry has made a bunch of individuals into a great team and given us what we have all been looking for, for over 20 years or more. But is it quite good enough to play the likes of Barca,Real, Bayern etc. I think we still have a couple of weak area's and thats where he hopefully will look to bring in quality. I think we are vunerable at right and left full back and we still could do with a battling midfielder as I personally have my doubts about Palacios.

I think the current squad will do even better in the premier next year and should be challenging for the top but it will need strengthening for the Champions League even getting past the preliminary stages. Thats why I said in a previous post that while I wanted 4th place like everybody else did, just to say we did it, if we had finished 5th or 6th we might have been better off in the Europa league for a season and gain the experience and then aim for the CL the following season. I don't want us to do an Everton and go out in the 1st preliminary round.

Mikey M
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun May 09 2010, 05:03

Please someone correct me if I am wrong, If we go out at the qualifying stage don't we move to Europa cup anyway ?

Post by Guest Sun May 09 2010, 05:13

i was guna ask that phiilip. im sure we do as it happend to celtic last season when arsenal nocked them out.
    i hope we keep the same sqaud but also hope we enter back into the reserve league as loanin out al our players nearly backfired. did u know harry almost loaned out bale to foreast in jan lool

Post by Guest Sun May 09 2010, 05:57

No we don't Phillip, unlike 3rd spot in a Chumps League groups . . .. . . .

Post by Guest Sun May 09 2010, 18:36

philip wrote:Please someone correct me if I am wrong, If we go out at the qualifying stage don't we move to Europa cup anyway ?

Yes you do. (go into europa cup)
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/

Post by Guest Sun May 09 2010, 18:37

VisionarySound wrote:No we don't Phillip, unlike 3rd spot in a Chumps League groups . . .. . . .

How's it go? Sunk your boat or something...? Warning ! Lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15 2024, 05:04