The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
king EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
king EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
king EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
king EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
king EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
king EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
king EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
king EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
king EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

king Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

king

king Empty king

Post by Guest Mon May 17 2010, 05:54

New deal for Ledley

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/new-deal-for-ledley-1...

The Club is delighted to announce that Ledley King has signed a new contract that will see him at White Hart Lane until 2012.

Our Club captain, currently preparing to head off on England duty after being named in the provisional squad for the World Cup finals in South Africa, began his career at the Club having graduated through our Academy and turned professional in July 1998.

The 29-year-old has since made 290 First Team appearances in our colours and was skipper of the side that won the Carling Cup in 2008 and reached the final the following year. His 20 appearances this season helped steer the team towards a highest Premier League finish and a Champions League qualification tie at the beginning of next season.

Ledley said: "I am delighted to have signed a new contract with Spurs. I have been here since I was a schoolboy and I could never see myself going anywhere else. This is where I want to continue playing my football.

"We've got the prospect of Champions League football to look forward to next season and with the quality of players we have I believe we are on the brink of something big.

"It is an exciting time for the Club with a new training ground being built and plans for a new stadium.

"I am enjoying my football and I want to be a part of what is happening here."

king Empty Re: king

Post by Guest Mon May 17 2010, 06:09

fair play to king and spurs on this deal, many a team would pension off king and get him off the wage bill, but harry and yids have worked something out for him. king was the best centre half i watched last season, his reading off the game is world class and i think he can do a job for u for the next few seasons, i beleive dawson will be the biggest benefactor here.

Post by Guest Mon May 17 2010, 06:17

Agree Burgs. Daws will learn loads and when they play together he always looks more composed . . . .. . .
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Mon May 17 2010, 23:12

Great news, he deserves everything Spurs give him. A true Spurs legend.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 18 2010, 00:33

I was one who was saying maybe we should have pensioned him off but the big fella is still there so fair play to him. I wish him all the best and hope he stays on top form as long as he can. A true legend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content