The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Advice Please Baz EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Advice Please Baz EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Advice Please Baz EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Advice Please Baz EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Advice Please Baz EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Advice Please Baz EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Advice Please Baz EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Advice Please Baz EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Advice Please Baz EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Advice Please Baz Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Advice Please Baz

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Advice Please Baz Empty Advice Please Baz

Post by Boltjean Sat May 29 2010, 05:39

Next week I am going on Holiday with family to Llanrug North Wales. We will be going in two car's my Neice driving one of them and she is not happy with motorway driving. I will be meeting up with her in Dunstable and intended going up the M1 and then the M6 and out that way but she said she would rather go M1 then join the A5 at junction 18 and go that way. Now would we be dropping a clanger going on the A5, is it dual carriageway? if it is I wont mind going that route but if it is single I would give it a miss. I must admit there seems to be more places to stop on the A5, toilet etc, anyway what do you think?.
    Thank You, Len
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Advice Please Baz Empty Re: Advice Please Baz

Post by BazSpur Sat May 29 2010, 05:53

Personally Len I never go A5. The problem with it is its a much longer way to go and you lose the A5 a lot as you go through a lot of towns so you could have trouble picking it up again. The A5 is mainly one up one down. The way I go when I come back from London is the way you suggested on the Motorway. M1, M6, M54, A5. Easy peasy mate. I think you would be dropping an almighty clanger. My sister and her boyfriend came down to us one year and tried to go A5 all the way. He said it was an absolute night mare and ended up coming off and going the motorway route.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat May 29 2010, 06:00

Thank you Baz, I will take your advice. I think she is a bit worried about the toll on the M6, I must admit I have never used the M6 toll only the Dartford one on the M25. Anyway thank's again Baz.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 29 2010, 06:09

The M6 Toll isn't that bad Len I use it to come back sometimes. Are you going to go on the M6 toll Len? Because you don't have to. You can stay on the M6 and pick up the M54 at Junction 10A.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat May 29 2010, 06:13

I thought you had no choice but to use the toll Baz, if I do as you say and pick up the M54 what difference does it make to the journey, why do people use the toll if they do not have to?

Post by Guest Sat May 29 2010, 06:27

It's slightly quicker Len, and also less traffic in the rush hour due to the misers that won't pay the toll fee Advice Please Baz Lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 29 2010, 06:31

No you don't have to use the M6 Toll mate. The Toll is handy if you have to avoid the M6 like if its shut further up for what ever reason but that isn't often. Coming off the M6 toll at T8 can be tricky unless you are following a Sat nav as there are a couple of roundabouts that can be iffy unless you know where you are going. The best way for you is to stay off the toll and follow the M6 proper to Junction 10A M54. Once on the M54 its a straight run into North Wales. Just follow the signs North Wales all the way. The M54 changes into the A5 which makes it very easy. Follow the A5 to Llangollen and then to Betws-y-coed and Llanberis you are near llanrug then.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat May 29 2010, 07:06

just got back from there 4 weeks ago len climbed snowdon. any way as you might remember i live in dunstable so thats where we left from, it was on a weds about 11ish so most of work traffic had gone. we went M1 through the toll to miss out birmingham centre, its £5 but worth it, then up to A5 which we followed all the way to north wales. some of it is dual carriageway but some is single but its a really easy and nice route mate, just depends in how much of a hurry your in. have a good time mate we did.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat May 29 2010, 07:41

Thank you Baz for your help. And thank you Shear, I do hope we have a good time, we need it with one thing and another, I wont go into it, but thank you both. I know you went a few weeks ago Shear and that you climbed Snowdon, I think you posted a picture but I could not view it for some reason. You have more energy than me mate so I will only climb it if I have sherpa's and I can set up camp every 500 feet. As for you Mark, just because I am a Spurs supporter does not mean to say I am not prepared to part with a fiver, as long as they still accept those made of slate.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 29 2010, 09:21

No need to climb Snowdon Len. Get the train up mate. Its a lot easier. As Shear will testify, the scenery is something else. Its so spectacular. Honestly try to make the trip to the top of snowdon on the train. On a clear day you can see every country in the British Isles. Been up 3 times myself takes my breath away everytime.

Post by Guest Sat May 29 2010, 21:17

A point for Len for keeping hold of a slate fiver till the bitter end Advice Please Baz 533345 Advice Please Baz Icon_biggrin

How many of the white ones have you kept Len? Advice Please Baz Lol
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun May 30 2010, 00:17

im going again in sept baz, it was so good last time. cant wait. no train for me though just a nice climb up and down mate.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 30 2010, 00:31

You must be well fit Shear. Its quite a Trek to the top of Snowdon. What is it, about 2-3 hours walking up? Advice Please Baz Icon_eek
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun May 30 2010, 04:03

yeah took just over 4 going up and about 3 n half coming down. long old day but worth every min

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content