The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
ionman34
spurslegend
djfitzo
BazSpur
totalytot
HotspurRoper
10 posters

The truth about joe cole.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 Empty Re: The truth about joe cole.

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 15 2010, 10:23

Rep points to Brother Lew and Brother Vis.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 15 2010, 10:25

burger777 wrote:but would u consider 3rd as progression.

Of course, because we would move up a place.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15 2010, 18:24

BazSpur wrote:
    burger777 wrote:but would u consider 3rd as progression.

Of course, because we would move up a place.
    ty we are getting somewhere now, can u tell dave this please.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15 2010, 18:32

Mark2spark wrote:It seems that you can only progress if you actually win something burg.
    So finishing 7th but winning the CC is an achievment.
    We used to think like that about 20 years ago, don't you remember?
    it was about 15 years ago mark that we thut like this. it shows the difference between the 2 teams, i dont quite go there because it causes uproar but your point is correct, yids think winning cc and finsihing 7th is a better option, than finishing 3/4 and gaining champ league football. this is not even up for debate in my world but icant and dont wanna change people mind thuts, if yids won the cc every year from now till the day i die it wouldn bother me as much as if they won the champ league, but dont tell them i told u so lol. so just to summarise yids finish 4th and are doing summersaults, we finish 3rd and we are going backwards.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jun 15 2010, 19:42

burger777 wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:It seems that you can only progress if you actually win something burg.
    it was about 15 years ago mark that we thut like this. it shows the difference between the 2 teams, i dont quite go there because it causes uproar but your point is correct, yids think winning cc and finsihing 7th is a better option, than finishing 3/4 and gaining champ league football. this is not even up for debate in my world but icant and dont wanna change people mind thuts, if yids won the cc every year from now till the day i die it wouldn bother me as much as if they won the champ league, but dont tell them i told u so lol. so just to summarise yids finish 4th and are doing summersaults, we finish 3rd and we are going backwards.

You love generalising dont cha!! I for one would take a tilt at the Champs league over the Carling Cup any day, but actually winning something,in any format, is an acheivement. Now if Spurs ever got to where you lot did and consistently challenged for the title and then spent 5 years winning nothing, i would question the manager and his dealings in the transfer market, but you seem content that Wenger is still god and all is rosy, that in essence is what the thread was about and that Wenger commented that you already had players like Joe Cole at your club, maybe his "i must do it my way" is the reason you wont buy Cole and at least have a realistic chance of challenging Manure and Chelski, because as i said earlier both the aforementioned will identify why all of a sudden they are losing more games then previous seasons and dip into the transfer market, by letting a very good player in Joe Cole leave, you can imagine what kind of player they will go for, meanwhile Wenger dithers,has no cover for centre backs (as last season). Yes we are doing summersaults because we rarely get into the top 4 and having seen you lot win the prem many times, why should i not think that finishing just above us is not real progress, considering whats gone before. Hope ive made my point clearer for you!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 15 2010, 20:54

Spot on DJ, Rep point sir. You can't sit in the top four for five years and say you are progressing. That wouldn't be good enough for The Chelski Chavs or Manure. Their supporters would be doing somersaults of despair. However, you lads seem content to sit in the top 4 year in year out and call it progression. Its not but for us reaching the CL by virtue of a 4th spot in the Prem really is progression. However if we did it again next year I would be the first to say we haven't progressed on our position since last season. Progression is relative isn't it? If we get 3rd or 2nd or even dare I say win the Prem we will have progressed. Your position is somewhat different to ours because for the last five years you have neen relatively in the same position i.e behind the Chavs and Manure.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Tue Jun 15 2010, 21:01

To throw something else into the mix if we finish 4th again but only 5 or 6 point off the top spot would we have improved due to the fact we finished closer to top spot on points gained?????
    on the other hand if we finish 4th again but the champions were more points ahead of us than this year we would have gone backwards????
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 15 2010, 21:07

[quote="BazSpur"]Spot on DJ, Rep point sir. You can't sit in the top four for five years and say you are progressing. That wouldn't be good enough for The Chelski Chavs or Manure. Their supporters would be doing somersaults of despair. However, you lads seem content to sit in the top 4 year in year out and call it progression. Its not but for us reaching the CL by virtue of a 4th spot in the Prem really is progression. However if we did it again next year I would be the first to say we haven't progressed on our position since last season. Progression is relative isn't it? If we get 3rd or 2nd or even dare I say win the Prem we will have progressed. Your position is somewhat different to ours because for the last five years you have neen relatively in the same position i.e behind the Chavs and Manure.

I'd have to say that I disagree with this just a little Baz. We have made it into the top 4 for the first time and are looking to push on to better things. However, consolidating that position would, for me, be progression based on the yo-yo type of seasons we've had in the past.

I would see this as us progressing from an 'occasional' team to, possibly, a 'regular' challenger, something that we haven't been for more years than I care to remember.

Should we remain anchored in that area, never looking like we'd ever trouble the top 2/3 then that's what I'd call stagnation.

A bit like the goons over the last 5 or so years wot?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 15 2010, 21:08

[quote="tressman1"]So Ion you cant / wont answer the question!!!!!!! you have waffled on, you have not address the supporters question I posed!!!!!! long winded rubbish with no relevance to the question posed, but that's your way!!!!!!! dont worry about it Ion, clearly the question in this case was simply too dam hard for you to give a straight answer!!!!!
    It over it!!!!!!move on!!!!!!!

So it was over your head then.

Bless.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 15 2010, 21:38

I think that's what I was trying to say Ion. You said it better than me The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 Lol
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Tue Jun 15 2010, 22:01

I have rarely met a couple of people so full with their own self worth, one of you because you cant answered the question posed !!!! and one of you so worried about what other poster will think about you no longer know what you stand for.
    Good for you guys
    Barry maybe this is the reason most of the people on your site dont post!!!! why should they if they dont fit into the main steam view, if not willing to blindly follow Tottenham board or managers, or to ask questions, if your site is not in to questions been asked!!!! what are you doing here.
    I was moaned at for the tone of emails during , past posts, this post Ion is the only one to use FFS nothing said again!!!!!!!
    Baz FFS stop worrying about what other posters may think!!! FFS just be yourself.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Tue Jun 15 2010, 22:02

maybe this is why the same old same old poster post and other just read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 15 2010, 23:05

[quote="tressman1"]I have rarely met a couple of people so full with their own self worth, one of you because you cant answered the question posed !!!! and one of you so worried about what other poster will think about you no longer know what you stand for.
    Good for you guys
    Barry maybe this is the reason most of the people on your site dont post!!!! why should they if they dont fit into the main steam view, if not willing to blindly follow Tottenham board or managers, or to ask questions, if your site is not in to questions been asked!!!! what are you doing here.
    I was moaned at for the tone of emails during , past posts, this post Ion is the only one to use FFS nothing said again!!!!!!!
    Baz FFS stop worrying about what other posters may think!!! FFS just be yourself and ION GET fcuked

The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 912733 Fried, poached or sauteed?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 15 2010, 23:09

BTW Baz,

There are several thousand posts written by a plethora of posters on here.

I don't think you need worry about people 'refraining' from voicing there opinion on here. Particularly those who have voiced there opinion on your worth.

Time to disappear again squeek.

You sure you can't put a Weasel smilie on here Baz?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 15 2010, 23:19

Why you having a pop at me Shaun? I was just answering a post that Ion put about the goons and their lack of progression. A debate that I don't remember you participating in much TBH. You just seem content to have pops at Ion because you say he didn't answer your question. Now, he says he did and that should be good enough. fcuk me how long do you want to flog a dead horse. As I said before I don't make anyone post on here. Every poster has a choice. They either post or they don't its up to them. The only reason "poster's" aren't posting on here at the moment is because it is the close season. Have a look at the amount of posts on here my son. Over 20,000. That says it all for me.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 15 2010, 23:37

[quote="ionman34"]
    BazSpur wrote:Spot on DJ, Rep point sir. You can't sit in the top four for five years and say you are progressing. That wouldn't be good enough for The Chelski Chavs or Manure. Their supporters would be doing somersaults of despair. However, you lads seem content to sit in the top 4 year in year out and call it progression. Its not but for us reaching the CL by virtue of a 4th spot in the Prem really is progression. However if we did it again next year I would be the first to say we haven't progressed on our position since last season. Progression is relative isn't it? If we get 3rd or 2nd or even dare I say win the Prem we will have progressed. Your position is somewhat different to ours because for the last five years you have neen relatively in the same position i.e behind the Chavs and Manure.

I'd have to say that I disagree with this just a little Baz. We have made it into the top 4 for the first time and are looking to push on to better things. However, consolidating that position would, for me, be progression based on the yo-yo type of seasons we've had in the past.

I would see this as us progressing from an 'occasional' team to, possibly, a 'regular' challenger, something that we haven't been for more years than I care to remember.

Should we remain anchored in that area, never looking like we'd ever trouble the top 2/3 then that's what I'd call stagnation.

A bit like the goons over the last 5 or so years wot?

Just so you can see which of Ion's posts I was answering Shaun I have quoted it. Hope that clears that point up. I wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea. The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 Icon_idea
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Wed Jun 16 2010, 00:18

Oh so now it was just a wind up Ion or burger or who ever, when you make comments just answer the questions posed!1! how hard is it!!!
    or was I just winding up Fcuk who can remember!!!! or what horse who's flogging, what I get out of this is whatever you do dont question anything the untouchables write on here or am I just winding up again who knows !!!!!

any new poster on here today?? this month?? or same old same old??
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 00:33

The truth about joe cole. - Page 5 Icon_biggrin
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 00:40

Fabregasdoestheoff joined on the 25th of May and there were a few others that joined that week too. Oh well I win that one then. That's the beauty of having access to the Admin Panel. Any chance we can get back on topic and stop being petty? Just a thought. This was a thread about Joe Cole in case you had forgotten. Just thought I would mention it.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Wed Jun 16 2010, 00:51

Not forgotten!!!!! the question asked and as normal by some poster not answered because it did not help their stance if you go back and read the post you see that but knowing you, you have already!!!!!!! if you comment as stated was in response to another comment by Ion fair do sorry about that!!!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 01:12

Well, as I said before Shaun. I can't see the point in flogging a dead horse. It makes no sense. I have had many questions ignored by posters over the years on here and on AOHELL. You should have been on the forums on AOHELL. They were horrific. Yes I have re-read both yours and Ions post. Perfectly good question and I thought he gave a perfectly good answer. He said Not blind faith but trust. there you are. The other thing is, how can he as a Spurs man answer what Birmingham supporters or any other supporters are thinking. He can have an opinion but thats all.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 02:59

Getting back to the thread.

PATHETIC!

Let's dish out rep points all round to posters that can't read.

As my three line post might be a bit difficult for you dunderheads, here's a clue: Try and spot the bit where I said we had progressed?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 03:50

Erm, erm, I think it was Burger that was getting the flak Mark.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 03:53

I think that post is basically saying you have progressed without winning any trophies Mark I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 04:01

no flak here baz i love putting yids right lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 07:15