The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
To mr burgermeister ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
To mr burgermeister ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
To mr burgermeister ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
To mr burgermeister ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
To mr burgermeister ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
To mr burgermeister ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
To mr burgermeister ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
To mr burgermeister ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
To mr burgermeister ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

To mr burgermeister ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

To mr burgermeister !

To mr burgermeister ! Empty To mr burgermeister !

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 03:38

Yes mr burg will take you on for a tenner for man city to finish above arsenal, name your charity and if i lose i will send a cheque to you made out to that charity.....you can do likewise to my charity.....what you say mr burger ?

To mr burgermeister ! Empty Re: To mr burgermeister !

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 03:44

yes mate no prob,

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 06:02

Thats on then my old antagonist ! To mr burgermeister ! Icon_wink

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 06:08

For anyone wondering why i am taking on this bet ! firstly i am not a man city fan. unfortunately money rules this great game , and they have loads of it, they will buy the title simple as ! players are greedy and will probably choose money ahead of cl participation, yes there are the exceptions but the game is full of mercenaries.

Being a realist and aware of what blackburn did years ago, whether we like it or not its on the cards that city will buy big this summer once the world cup is over,, its a sad fact but money is what the game is all about.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 18 2010, 07:02

Sadly its the truth Lew. To mr burgermeister ! Icon_sad

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 07:09

who will come lew. ok the mercenaries will but any player with prospects wont. they will buy loads and cause no end of internal issues, i know i like to disagree for the sake of it sometimes but these are my genuine thuts, plus these players wont gel straightaway i dont care who they are. i said it last year lew and i will say it this one, u are a bigger threat than them asu have togetherness, whilst man city have the likes of bellamy,ade in there side i will never worry
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Fri Jun 18 2010, 07:30

what makes you think your gonna be in the top 4

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 08:23

I suppose he's looked back over the last 14 years and made a reasonable assumption.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 08:27

burger777 wrote:who will come lew. ok the mercenaries will but any player with prospects wont. they will buy loads and cause no end of internal issues, i know i like to disagree for the sake of it sometimes but these are my genuine thuts, plus these players wont gel straightaway i dont care who they are. i said it last year lew and i will say it this one, u are a bigger threat than them asu have togetherness, whilst man city have the likes of bellamy,ade in there side i will never worry

I think you are missing one major factor burg ! what is going on at eastlands at the moment must be exciting for those players they target, its common knowledge of the wealth and ambition of the owners and that they are going for titles , cups .....and cl participation, they will want to get on board given also the chance to earn big wages in the process.
    One other factor is that the times they are -a-changing burg ! the usual top 4 have been up there for so long that its time for new names to rule the premiership roost, liverpool were just the first in my honest opinion to lose out on the stranglehold those clubs had on the money making machine that is the cl, i truly believe that your gooners might be next.............but we will see.

Its a decent bet mate ! you have your opinions and i have mine, you were right last time and well done for saying we would finish ahead of city.......bleeding close though wasnt it. To mr burgermeister ! Affraid

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 08:30

Mark2spark wrote:I suppose he's looked back over the last 14 years and made a reasonable assumption.

Yeah leeds united must have thought the same thing in the 70s mark........nuff said !
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 18 2010, 09:55

I think you are being a little Myopic and burying your head in the sandish Burger. They have shed loads of money and the truth is when any club has that amount of money sooner or later they will be top dogs. Look at Blackburn when they won the Prem. They had a chairman who had one wish before he died and that was to see His beloved club win the Prem. So, he went out and bought it and he bought it with far less money even allowing for those many years ago than the Arabs at Eastlands have got. City maybe an unfashionable club but so were Blackburn and if they can do it so can city. I don't think Lew is saying this to have a pop at Arsenal. I think Lew as do I and a lot of others realise that all of the top four are going to be in the sights of City. They will be champions and its no good saying their players won't gel because sooner or later they will find the players that will. City's owners are on a mission and that is to win the Prem and probably a lot more besides. What happens after they have achieved that is open to question but they will worry about that at a later date. They will win the Prem, of that there is no doubt in my mind.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 18:19

nothing myopic baz and of course i dont dismiss there chances of pushing the top 4, liverpools downturn was due to there problems nothing to do with man citys, i cant see the link there, blackburn thru the money at it but bought the likes of shearer,sutton,sherwood,le saux,hendry,ripley etc and was brought together by daglish, all these people had good prem experience or div 1. i cant see the comparison there. man city may eventually get it right but it wont be next season or the season after imo, there club aint big enough for the egoes and money that been branded about, they aint in champions league, so i ask again who will come to them, xavi,iniesta,ribery,sneider no of course not these are the real top world players and they wont play eiropa football, man city will attract the next tier of players who are either at the end or greedy, them players dont bother me. time will be the answer here, lets wait and see, i see yids have got them first game and from what i read most of yous are saying its the best fixture start of the season who have had for years, it must mean u dont bother too much either, i dont blame ya, ps there manager is clueless as well just thut i would throw that in. lets put this one in the locker and bring it back out in march time.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 18:29

lewspurs wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:I suppose he's looked back over the last 14 years and made a reasonable assumption.

Yeah leeds united must have thought the same thing in the 70s mark........nuff said !

Please indicate the 14 year period where dirty Leeds finished in the top 4 for FOURTEEN consecutive years, as it escapes me.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 18:42

I don't think either of us are saying that Man C won't eventually be title contenders, with an unlimited budget then of course there's going to a title challenge made.
    But Chelski also seemingly have an unlimited budget, so they both can't win it.
    And if Liverpool also come up with arab owners then they could also be in the same position.
    What of Arsenal and the russian Billionaire?
    What of Tottenham and the Caribbean billionaire?
    The list of what if's is endless lads.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 18 2010, 20:22

I suppose it will all boil down to who can throw the most money at it Mark. Seriously!!!!. Its a shame but that's the way it is these days.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Fri Jun 18 2010, 23:52

NOTHING LASTS FOR EVER, (Content edited) BUT IM GLAD YOU SOUND SO pi**ed OFF GOONER MUG LOL

Post by Guest Sat Jun 19 2010, 00:53

nonce lol, the board must be so proud of you.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 19 2010, 00:59

I think branding someone a nonce is over the top Dave. Its an insult for one thing. We don't want to go back down the name calling route again.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Jun 19 2010, 01:20

all gooners are ponces baz
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Jun 19 2010, 01:22

burger777 wrote:nonce lol, the board must be so proud of you.
    the board lol get a life bugger you need to get out more geez

Post by Guest Sat Jun 19 2010, 01:27

maybe i am a traditionalist, but i believe in hard work on the training ground, good youth development and continuity of players, i think this is a better recipe for success in the long run, i am surprised by the comments that have been made and the examples given, for every team that has succeeded many have failed, leeds is a good example, they won the title then risdale went crazy with the chequebook, when they didn get where they needed to be, they off loaded lost millions and ended up going down 2 divisions, forest,pompey,sheff wed are others that came unstuck in england, real madrid are the richest club in the world bankrolled by the spanish government, they dont win everything, juventus are owned by car giants fiat, they dont get to the last 16 of champ league, apart from chelsea i cant think of any other team apart from chelsea that this route has been successful and they had a special one to bring it all together, i will ask one more time who will man city buy that will make them so terryifying, robinho perhaps, i know they have been there and done that, cmon guys give me names of thiese superstars that will be attracted to man city and europa football, because the big boys wont go there like i said if city sign messi,shneider,ribery,millito,xavi,iniesta,etoo,ibabrimovich and co i would be worried and if they got mourinho i would be really worried, till then i am fine about things,

Post by Guest Sat Jun 19 2010, 01:54

Mark2spark wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Please indicate the 14 year period where dirty Leeds finished in the top 4 for FOURTEEN consecutive years, as it escapes me.

We are talking about the word assumption here mark, you assume you will always be a top 4 side, the equation with leeds from the 1970s is that you couldnt believe they would fall from where they were (a hard to beat ) first division side for many years in the top tier.
    I dont think you or burger should assume arsenal are always going to finish in the top 4, what gives you that right? because perhaps liverpool fans were thinking around the same theme and look what happened to them.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 19 2010, 02:49

I've been out at work all day so have just returned to read an obviously edited post.
    Sticks and stones.
    Takes a rule 43 to know one.
    Whatever, ho hum To mr burgermeister ! Icon_rolleyes

Lew, i'm perfectly at ease with the *fact* that top 4 is not a gimme.
    15 years ago we finished TWELTH!! in the premiership. Hard work and the correct coaching will keep us on track, the rest is the right amount of luck, although probably 'fortune' is a more appropriate word. (ie injuries, ref's spotting balls crossing the line etc)

Post by Guest Sat Jun 19 2010, 02:54

BazSpur wrote:I suppose it will all boil down to who can throw the most money at it Mark. Seriously!!!!. Its a shame but that's the way it is these days.

Yep, i'll agree with that.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Jun 19 2010, 04:31

RULE 43 WHATS THAT THEN
    BAZ I WOULD LIKE YOU TO ASK THIS GOONER MUG WHAT HE MEANS BY CALLING ME A RULE 43
    AND WHEN YOU FIND OUT WHAT IT MEANS WILL YOU BE SO PUBLIC AS YOU ARE WITH ME ON HERE WITH HIM
    I THINK NOT

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:47