The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
New Spurs Book.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
New Spurs Book.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
New Spurs Book.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
New Spurs Book.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
New Spurs Book.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
New Spurs Book.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
New Spurs Book.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
New Spurs Book.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
New Spurs Book.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

New Spurs Book.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

New Spurs Book.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

New Spurs Book.  Empty New Spurs Book.

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 29 2010, 21:37

My Daughter bought me this book for Father's day. Its by Michael Lacquire and its called Spurs Cult Heroes. It follows the career of 20 Spurs legends and although the writer admits it was difficult to leave many other players out of the list he has chosen the 20 he feels have all the attributes to be not just a legend but also a cult hero. Each player career is a story in its own right along with quotes and a biopic. It is great reading and although I have only read the first 2 chapters Sandy Brown and Billy nick i can already see this is going to be a top seller. Its one of those books you cannot put down. The writer is a fanatical Tottenham fan and he tells it with warts and all. The section on Billy Nick had my mind racing back to the great 70s teams that Billy Nick produced and I was soon lost in thoughts of League cup wins and Uefa cup wins. The end of Billy Nicks chapter deals with his departure in a sensitive way and ends with the five minute ovation at the Stoke home game last season on the fifth anniversary of his death. I look forward to the rest of the book with eagerness and anticipation.

The 20 players are as follows. SANDY BROWN who almost single handedly won our first FA cup in 1901. BILLY NICK, DANNY BLANCHFLOWER, CLIFF JONES, DAVE MACKAY JIMMY GREAVES (Of course), PAT JENNINGS, CYRIL KNOWLES, ALAN GILZEAN, MARTIN CHIVERS, STEVE PERRYMAN, GLENN (God) HODDLE, OSSIE ARDILES, GRAHAM ROBERTS, GARY MABBUT, CLIVE ALLEN, CHRIS WADDLE, PAUL GASCOINE, JURGEN KLINSMAN, DAVID GINOLA, Now although the chapters are about individual players the writer brings in other players that were in the same team at that particular time. For instance the Billy Nick chapter although mainly about Bill also brings in characters such as Eddie Baily and the legendary Arthur Rowe and tells how the Rowe Push and run philosophy devoloped and how Billy Nick changed that philosophy slightly and adapted it to the double winning team formula. Like I say its a great read and a can't put down book. I recommend it very highly. Stars out of 5? 5
    New Spurs Book.  Icon_cheers New Spurs Book.  Icon_cheers New Spurs Book.  Icon_cheers New Spurs Book.  Icon_cheers New Spurs Book.  Icon_cheers Oh and I forgot. My Daughter also got it signed to me by Gary Mabbut. I am so proud.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

New Spurs Book.  Empty Re: New Spurs Book.

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Jun 30 2010, 17:07

Nice 1 Baz may have a look for that 1.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 30 2010, 19:41

Its a great book Lee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21 2024, 05:02