The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Joe Cole EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Joe Cole EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Joe Cole EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Joe Cole EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Joe Cole EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Joe Cole EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Joe Cole EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Joe Cole EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Joe Cole EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Joe Cole Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
Boycey
djfitzo
sarflondonar
DJSR
8 posters

Joe Cole

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Joe Cole Empty Joe Cole

Post by DJSR Tue Jul 20 2010, 00:17

...Just signed for Liverpool. I'm not too bothered that we missed out on him, we have enough or better players who play in midfield already.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Joe Cole Empty Re: Joe Cole

Post by sarflondonar Tue Jul 20 2010, 00:40

DJSR wrote:...Just signed for Liverpool. I'm not too bothered that we missed out on him, we have enough or better players who play in midfield already.
    Would have liked to see him in a tottenham shirt, always thought of him as 'Thee' gazza replacement.
    No champions league next season for him, and yank owners (i dread the thought). it's not the move i would have looked for.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 20 2010, 00:50

It's all about the money, Bbc are saying its a direct replacement for Benayoun and old Yossi was never a first teamer. So yet another player that says the move will not be about the money, going to a club serously in debt, no champs league footie and miles away from where him and his family really wants to be.
    But his no different from any other football player, I just like to know what his done with all the money that his earned since he joined Chelski, rumour is his a bit of a gambler, maybe his bet all his money away.
    No more worrying about were to play him now, just get shot of Keane who is still struggling to score, two friendlies against Bornemouth and a Yank team and cant find the back of the net and some of the other deadwood and bring in players in positions we are a little weak in, cos midfield was not one of them.

Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Tue Jul 20 2010, 01:00

It just proves to me that he is only in it for the money!!!! He would have played more games and champions league football with us or the other lot! Dont footballers these days play for passion anymore or is it just about the ££££££££££ ?????
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Jul 20 2010, 01:02

ive got mixed feelings about it to be honest one thing that concerns me is our wage structure if we want to compete with the big boys year in year out we need a couple of big signings on maybe 100 grand a week other wise i see us struggling come on losing out to liverpool who r in debt how can they afford his wages?

I may be wrong just my opinion really want a take over we need better players yes we got 4th but we got well beat by the top 4 on the road how great would it be picking up the paper seeing Spurs linked to Kaka or Sneijder who r we most linked with Bellamy big difference heard Otzil is availible 20 mil spalsh the cash

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20 2010, 01:03

I'm surprised he's gone to the Mickey Mousers. As highly as I rate him, and yes I am a bit dissapointed as I would have loved to have seen him a Spurs shirt, I can't see how this will benefit his carreer. Purely financial decision me thinks . . . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 20 2010, 01:11

MarkA249 wrote:ive got mixed feelings about it to be honest one thing that concerns me is our wage structure if we want to compete with the big boys year in year out we need a couple of big signings on maybe 100 grand a week other wise i see us struggling come on losing out to liverpool who r in debt how can they afford his wages?

I may be wrong just my opinion really want a take over we need better players yes we got 4th but we got well beat by the top 4 on the road how great would it be picking up the paper seeing Spurs linked to Kaka or Sneijder who r we most linked with Bellamy big difference heard Otzil is availible 20 mil spalsh the cash

We are one of the few clubs trying make a stand against the money grabbing agents and players, cos if he keeps going like this, we wont have any footie to watch soon.

Like i said earlier, how much money did he earn in 7 years at Chelski? And not just him, but others like him, have to earn £ 90,000 a week for the next 4 years to secure a future, that you or I would have boxed off a long time ago on the kind of money his been earning.

And before any Gooners pop up with the sour grapes nonsense, i made it perfectly clear my feelings on Cole and id take a 100 Modric's falling over themselves earning 50k a week then the greedy players like Joe Cole.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Jul 20 2010, 01:13

Let's hope for his sake he's offset the money he will earn there with the inevitable house breakin ... Joe Cole Suspect

I agree with Mark ...would rather see us go for the german Ozil ....Or step up Adel for some appearances ..

Unfortunately wages wise, we cant compete, not until we get our new stadium sorted and some regular champs league appearances ....
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 20 2010, 01:38

I always worried about where he would play and who would get pushed out to accommodate him. I was never happy with his wage demands either although like Mark I do think we will have to change our wage structure to get the better players. Can we wait until the new stadium is built before we do that? I don't think so. Glad he's gone to the Mickey Mousers he can join Torres on the treatment couch week in and week out. His almost constant injuries will be a worry to Uncle Woy.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Tue Jul 20 2010, 20:14

ArnieArdiles wrote:Let's hope for his sake he's offset the money he will earn there with the inevitable house breakin ... Joe Cole Suspect

Joe Cole Icon_biggrin
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jul 20 2010, 20:43

Boycey wrote:It just proves to me that he is only in it for the money!!!! He would have played more games and champions league football with us or the other lot! Dont footballers these days play for passion anymore or is it just about the ££££££££££ ?????

One look at the shambles of the England team tells you that they don't play with passion. Most of them could'nt wait to get back home and into their lamborghinis, dolly birds and villa's abroad.
    "Where did it all go wrong"
    Seriously they're all a bunch of tossers and although we say it's good that Spurs wont break the wage structure in place at WHL make no mistake if the money comes calling for any of our players then they will be off.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 20 2010, 21:16

Unfortunately Mikey, I make you right.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21 2010, 03:29

did you see harry going on about how well liverpool done to get him and how good joe is. makes you wana puke. i wish sumtimes he wouldnt be so nice and suck up 2 other teams.
    i for 1 glad he didnt come harry would amost certan to make him a regular. give me modric and krankar any day over him
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Wed Jul 21 2010, 19:55

Loughtonlegend wrote:did you see harry going on about how well liverpool done to get him and how good joe is. makes you wana puke. i wish sumtimes he wouldnt be so nice and suck up 2 other teams.
    i for 1 glad he didnt come harry would amost certan to make him a regular. give me modric and krankar any day over him
    I'm not sure we needed Joe Cole, you pointed we have Kranjcar and Modric, and I am a massive fan of Kranjcars. But still a part of me wanted Cole at Spurs, because on his day he's world class, he's English and from London...oh,and he rumped page 3 burd Keeley( lucky sod).
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Jul 22 2010, 03:08

Loughtonlegend wrote:did you see harry going on about how well liverpool done to get him and how good joe is. makes you wana puke. i wish sumtimes he wouldnt be so nice and suck up 2 other teams.

Harry is like that with his favourites , Lought... He's a media whore just like his son, Jamie, a Sky Sports whore lol Within minutes of Joe Cole signing for Liverpool he was on our tv screen telling us all how Joey has made his decision purely for football reasons and not the money .. The thing is with Jamie is that had Joe Cole signed for anybody else, he would've trotted out similar. They treat us all like idiots Joe Cole Icon_geek

With you on that ..
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Jul 22 2010, 03:20

sarflondonar wrote:
    I'm not sure we needed Joe Cole, you pointed we have Kranjcar and Modric, and I am a massive fan of Kranjcars. But still a part of me wanted Cole at Spurs, because on his day he's world class, he's English and from London...oh,and he rumped page 3 burd Keeley( lucky sod).

I think we need more goals from midfield and Harry had that in mind in his persuit for Cole ...
    No Cole I guess means Bellamy , though I'd rather we go for Ozil but the german may well be beyond us...

And if Cole did rump Keeley as you say Sarf , Im even more happy we didnt sign the barsteward Joe Cole Kopfschuettel lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Jul 22 2010, 21:22

So Harry says today in the papers that Joe Cole said he was coming to Spurs and Liverpool offer him more money, no champs league, no guarantee they will keep their best players and he moved for footballing reasons, yeah course you did Joe!!

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Jul 22 2010, 22:55

Cole said: "This is a massive club. I tried to take everything out of the equation, take the financial and location side out and just thought in football terms.
    "I thought about the semi-final of the Champions League in 2005 when I ran onto the field and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.
    "I was thinking about playing in that atmosphere every week and that swung it for me.

An excerpt from a recent Joe Cole interview.

1. tried to take the finiancial side of it out- yeah right
    2. playing in that atmosphere every week, so they play all their away games at Anfield too!!

It still sounds like his trying to justify taking the money and dragging his young family up to Merseyside, no matter what he says and everything he says is starting to sound like an excuse,
    like Lew has said, money grabbing barstewards, the lot of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 00:10