The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Joe Cole. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Joe Cole. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Joe Cole. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Joe Cole. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Joe Cole. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Joe Cole. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Joe Cole. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Joe Cole. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Joe Cole. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Joe Cole. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
cynicsid
LOBO
cstmrsking
BazSpur
8 posters

Joe Cole.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Joe Cole. Empty Joe Cole.

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 05 2011, 08:54

Joe Cole to Spurs for 3 mill. Rumours are it's a done deal. Please tell me this aint gonna happen ffs. Arry what are you doing?

Joe Cole. Empty Re: Joe Cole.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 09:55

ffs harry. joe cole perfer to take hes familey to liverpool for the money then go spurs. he cant even hold down a place in the liverpool team what with all there injuries.

cole is no better then kranker or modric, even rose is a better option left wing then joe i cant run cole.

when harry leaves us next season we guna have so many dead wood
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sun Jun 05 2011, 09:55

PLZ NO!
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sun Jun 05 2011, 09:56

Moric replacement?
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sun Jun 05 2011, 10:29

Please no.

...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
    ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
    ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
    ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
    ................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
    .................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
    ...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
    .....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
    .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
    .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
    ...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
    ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
    .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
    .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
    ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
    ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
    ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Jun 05 2011, 10:50

its only a rumour , guys chill out, if this happens then you will know what i and lought have known for a long time , until then..lets see what happens
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:44

Rep for the piccy Kingy.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Sun Jun 05 2011, 21:06

Hasnt Harry done this all the time? if he comes he will be good for us. Horses for courses. he didnt fit at liverpool.

have to agree with the problem of the average age creeping up. We should also consider if we keep hold of all the good players we will eventually end up with lots of over 30's and no sale value to recoup. That would be a disaster for us.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Sun Jun 05 2011, 23:33

I agree about the average age, but i think any of us would have taken him from chelsea....it just that he wasnt played much or even used in the right position for him at Liverpool. Its just one of those moves that didnt work for him. I think he could be a good signing as he has the experience in where we need to be. Yes we have Rose but i dont think that he has the mental experience to handle how many games we are going to have next year with the Europa League.!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 06 2011, 00:20

Would you have him at the expense of Modders though Boyce? I think that's what most Spurs supporters are worrying about. Do Levy and Arry want to sell Modders to get a sh*t load of money in to cover buys in the transfer market? The problem at Liverpool was, he was injured a lot. That will be a problem with us too I think. He had the chance to come to us last season. He chose Liverpool instead.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Jun 06 2011, 01:39

If modric has a mindset to leave can I just remind you of the two disaster years around berbatov deciding to leave and us not letting him. I'm sure we are intending to keep him but lets not go thinking it's entirely up to Levy & Harry if he stay's cos it just aint.

Modric has said he wants to stay but wants cl footy well, he cant have both (this year) so he's gonna have to choose, once he does I hope that Levy makes the best of the situation which on track record I'm sure he will.

Bale, Rose, Cole, Ekotto, Modric, Kranky, Lennon. Was it us that had no options down the left a few years ago?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 06 2011, 02:01

My Daughter's partner is a Liverpool supporter and he reckons the rumours are that Cole could be a makeweight for Lennon going the other way.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 03:18

I would have taken Cole from Chelsea. It's well documented on here how highly I thought of him. But is he now any better then what we already have ? I'm not so sure he is. Injury prone as well. Sid hints towards a replacement for Moddle should he decide the grass is (yellow &) greener. Maybe he could, he has the vision & flair but to me he ain't got the legs to get thro' the work of Moddle. Of course it's all supposistion on our part as we are basing any thoughts on meeja BSflag . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 04:58

BazSpur wrote:My Daughter's partner is a Liverpool supporter and he reckons the rumours are that Cole could be a makeweight for Lennon going the other way.

Could be some truth in that baz, harry didnt use lennon as much as he could have done last year, personally i would want to keep lennon but perhaps he is up for a move back north, remember he came from leeds united all those years ago.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Mon Jun 06 2011, 05:33

I like Lennon but he still doesnt have that final ball.....He has got so much pace in him...but we need that final ball from him and its about time he delivered it. How many seasons will he have to prove that?

As for Cole as a replacement for Modders...i dont think he will be that . I think we will get someone so much better if we do sell him. But i think Cole will be good as cover and the amounts of games this new season as i said in my earlier post ...

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 06:29

where would joe cole play. left wing. the guy legs have gone,

ekotto left back with bale modders and rose to fill left wing, even gio better then cole

harry just wnats all hes friends here

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 06:33

Boycey wrote:I like Lennon but he still doesnt have that final ball.....He has got so much pace in him...but we need that final ball from him and its about time he delivered it. How many seasons will he have to prove that?

As for Cole as a replacement for Modders...i dont think he will be that . I think we will get someone so much better if we do sell him. But i think Cole will be good as cover and the amounts of games this new season as i said in my earlier post ...

He does have that final ball boycey but, not all the time.

I suppose running as fast as you can with the ball thats its all to do with momentum and balance to deliver a telling cross all the time.

Lennon is still young and i wouldnt want to lose him, i would still like to see him coming on second half and running at tired defenders.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 07:37

yea i wouldnt want to lose lennon. def not for cole
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Mon Jun 06 2011, 15:08

lewspurs wrote:
    Boycey wrote:I like Lennon but he still doesnt have that final ball.....He has got so much pace in him...but we need that final ball from him and its about time he delivered it. How many seasons will he have to prove that?

He does have that final ball boycey but, not all the time.

I suppose running as fast as you can with the ball thats its all to do with momentum and balance to deliver a telling cross all the time.

Lennon is still young and i wouldnt want to lose him, i would still like to see him coming on second half and running at tired defenders.

I wouldnt want to lose him either and i think i should have phrased my point better...what i meant was a more consistent final ball. I just dont think he will want to sit around and be a second half player...as you say he is young and wants to play all the time. I think he could be even better if he was more consistent with his final ball,but your right...running at that pace and trying to deliver a telling cross 100 percent of the time is a hard thing to do

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 19:40

Joe Cole looks set to be reunited with Harry Redknapp, after Tottenham agreed a £3m transfer fee to sign the 29-year-old Liverpool midfielder.
    http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/865332-joe-cole-set-for-3million-liverpool-to-spurs-transfer

(
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 06 2011, 20:34

FFS
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Jun 06 2011, 21:29

another step backwards.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 06 2011, 22:36

Assuming this is true (All the signs are pointing toward it) why is Arry doing this? As a few have pointed out already on here going top heavy with older players could leave us in a very dodgy position. Look at Liverpool, they are going for younger players to push them forward. That is what we should be doing. Not getting old has beens like Joe Cole. OK we got Gallas but that was more out of necessity. Joe Cole is not a necessity. We have a strong mid-field already. Arry just loves his old players it seems to me. The striker situation at the Lane is the main priority. I hope we don't go through another transfer window without getting a striker in. I wonder what excuses will be rolled out this time if we fail to land the two strikers we really need.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jun 07 2011, 00:30

The radio says he is having a medical this week. With a bit of luck he might fail it. They also said that he is a like for like with Modric going to Utd. How on earth could Cole be a replacement for Modric.

If the club have made their mind up about Modric going and the signs are that they are why would Levy say what he did in the programme about our star players are going nowhere and how will he get out of it, if he really cares that is?

I really want to see the calibre of player they are going to bring in and the team we will be starting with next season?

L'pool have been reported as having a £75 mil "war chest" and Utd 50mil we know that Chelsea and City can spend what ever it takes so i'm now getting concerned on the quality of our new recruits if any.

We only need Wenger to start spending money for a change and I will be really p*ssed off.

Mikey M
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Jun 07 2011, 01:13

I remember years ago, back in the sixties I think, when a certain first division club, Burnley, were a nursery for other club's. They were a decent side back then but with only a small ground had to sell to survive and look where they are today, are we becoming a modern day version of Burnley?. We let Berbatov go and now it looks like we could lose Modric and then how long before Bale thinks to himself that this club lacks ambition? I want a move. Not a good advert for any decent player who might be thinking of joining Spurs because of the good squad we have only to read in the media we are prepared to break it up as soon as United come knocking on Levy's door. Here you are Daniel, 20 million for Modric, snap up Cole for 3 million and that gives you 17 million to spend on some more players that have seen better days. We will never be a top four club if we continue to sell quality players only to be left with average players, we will be just an average club.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content