The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The first trophy of a fantanstic season EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The first trophy of a fantanstic season EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The first trophy of a fantanstic season EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The first trophy of a fantanstic season EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The first trophy of a fantanstic season EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The first trophy of a fantanstic season EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The first trophy of a fantanstic season EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The first trophy of a fantanstic season EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The first trophy of a fantanstic season EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The first trophy of a fantanstic season Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
HotspurRoper
BazSpur
DJSR
7 posters

The first trophy of a fantanstic season

The first trophy of a fantanstic season Empty The first trophy of a fantanstic season

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04 2010, 07:57

Glory, Glory Tottenham Hotspurs. A trip to a a far-flung stadium and a magnificent win against a giant of European football. A goal from one of our well found young purchase's and the Spurs go marching on. With our firm & sound financial footing & plans for a new stadium moving forward the future is bright, the future is Tottenham, pride of North London. Football is coming home, home to the true area of North London. COYS . . . . .. .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

The first trophy of a fantanstic season Empty Re: The first trophy of a fantanstic season

Post by DJSR Wed Aug 04 2010, 07:58

Hear Hear !!! The first trophy of a fantanstic season Icon_cheers
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The first trophy of a fantanstic season Empty Re: The first trophy of a fantanstic season

Post by BazSpur Wed Aug 04 2010, 09:32

I second your hear, hear DJ.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Aug 04 2010, 17:02

Vis you swine you beat me to it, LOL. The first trophy of a fantanstic season Lol

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 05:28

Lolol @ winning a glass trophy that is only contested by two teams.
    Y'know what they say about those that are easily pleased.... The first trophy of a fantanstic season Icon_geek
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 05 2010, 05:32

Hmmmmmm a bit like the Ashes.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 05:37

Hmmm, yes, I see some similarity, perhaps if the Eusebio cup is still around in 100 years time and still being contested by the same two teams there might be a shout for credibility?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 05 2010, 05:43

All I am saying is the similarity is that its only two teams that compete for it.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 06:04

And both Milan's were busy elsewhere this year The first trophy of a fantanstic season Lol

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 06:10

The EUSEBIO Cup comes from what most people feel is one of the greatest European games ever played. Between an English club, Tottenham Hotspurs, & a Portugese club, Benfica, at the height of their prowess. This is why a cup has been named after it Sparky. Glory, Glory, Tottenham Hotspurs. History & recognition of the beautifull game in all it's magnificence . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 06:12

Why did each of the respective Milan teams contest for it in it's first two years then?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 06:16

Mark2spark wrote:Why did each of the respective Milan teams contest for it in it's first two years then?

Because the best of Europe know eachother and ignore the tiny 'wannabe' teams . . . . . . ..
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Thu Aug 05 2010, 06:16

whats a matter marky burger kick you out of bed

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 06:23

Benfica and Spurs in the same sentence as 'the best in Europe' Viz???? The first trophy of a fantanstic season Lol The first trophy of a fantanstic season Lol The first trophy of a fantanstic season Lol

Evening leggy The first trophy of a fantanstic season 528337

I think you know full well Vis was talking about 61-62 mark when they met in that epic semi final. At that time they were the best in Europe.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 07:24

Arsenal abandon plans for open top bus tour after historic Emirates Cup win

ARSENAL WILL not be allowed to celebrate their second successive Emirates Cup triumph with an open top bus tour around London after police said the size of crowds it would draw would bring the city to an unprecedented standstill.
    Gunners bosses had already booked the multi-level Megabus but were warned off the celebration for fears it could attract crowds of between 12 and 16 million.
    Fans of all English clubs were expected to attend after Arsenal brought a smile to the face of England by seeing off AC Milan, Celtic and Lyon to claim the prestigious European silverware.
    Arsenal’s players will not be too disappointed, with rumoured knighthoods in the Queen’s next honours list, appearances booked on all major talkshows and the royal mint confirming a new commemorative two pound coin featuring the face of Gael Clichy.
    “This is the highlight of my career,” said Arsenal’s Gunnersaurus Rex moments after his side had defeated Celtic to claim the championship. “I’d like to dedicate the win to my parents and my dinosaur god.”
    As the final whistle approached an emotional Martin Tyler told viewers “they’ll be dancing in the streets of Highbury and Islington, Gunnersbury and the Emirates tonight!” before the stadium was alight with a firework display which nobody could enjoy because it was still daytime.
    “Make no mistake about it, this is a real trophy,” said Arsene Wenger as he clutched the shiny metallic vase which had been housing flowers at Emirates president Tim Clark’s house just hours earlier.
    Wenger is refusing to rule out this being the first step in a prestigious treble for Arsenal including the Anglo-Italian Cup and Cup Winners’ Cup, despite the fact that neither competition has existed for several years.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 05 2010, 08:06

The first trophy of a fantanstic season 348204 Rep point for that Max.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 08:08

Do my posts get edited for me now then? The first trophy of a fantanstic season Lol

Sorry, I don't get it, if the Eusebio Cup has been named after a 50 year old semi final match (not the Final itself mind lol), why? 1) has it taken some 47 years to introduce the 'competition'? 2) why were Spurs not invited to contest it on an annual basis.
    I think I can smell male cow droppings The first trophy of a fantanstic season Lol

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05 2010, 09:05

Don't be bitter Mark. Just celebrate a first trophy of a fantastic season for the true place in North London (as opposed to a made up place) . Glory,Glory Tottenham Hotspurs . . . . . . The first trophy of a fantanstic season 877182
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 05 2010, 09:36

The first trophy of a fantanstic season 877182 The first trophy of a fantanstic season 377381

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07 2010, 05:38

The first trophy of a fantanstic season Eusebio_cup

A good night's work

Michael Dawson was delighted to see the team rise to the challenge of Benfica and come away from Lisbon with an impressive win on Tuesday night.
    Our 4-1 home defeat to Villarreal served as a reminder of the sort of quality we could face in Europe this season, so the defender was happy with our response in winning away from home against a true continental heavyweight.
    The skipper on the night said: "After the Villarreal game, we know what we're going to be faced with if we get into the group stages of the Champions League, which is where we want to be. They're the type of games we're going to have.
    "Benfica was a good test and we played some good football. When you go away from home, especially against a team of Benfica's quality, you know they're going to have a lot of the ball, but we kept it tremendously well when we had it.
    "They had some chances early on, getting in behind and Gomes made a couple of good saves, but apart from that it was a good night's work."
    It was Michael's second game of pre-season following his late return to training this summer having been given an extended break after his call-up to the England World Cup squad.
    He admits he and the nine other players who returned from duty in South Africa may have been caught a little cold in the Villarreal game after just three days of training.
    But over a week on and with the impressive Benfica win under our belts, 'Daws' is confident all the players are building up momentum to the all-important big kick-off in just over a week's time.
    He added: "It's always nice to win but the most important thing at this time is the lads getting match fitness.
    "We played last week and it was the first game for the lads who had come back from the World Cup, and perhaps we weren't as sharp as we should have been.
    "Winning gives you confidence but August 14 is the one that matters."

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07 2010, 06:17

Oh Yeah. Thats kinda nice to see Max, Yum yum yum . . . . . .
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Sun Aug 08 2010, 11:54

This might sound negative to some, but I wouldn't mind if it was the last trophy we won this season. But, only if we finished in the top four again and had a decent run in the cl.

This season could cement our place as one of the top teams in england.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09 2010, 01:51

I kinda see your point on that Sarf. As always tho' I go into the new season dreaming of Us winning everything like some star struck 12 year old, but with hindsight and a small amount of gained wisdom, just hoping for a continued improvement on last season. I want to see us lift trophies but, as you say, a season of consolidation could prove just as important over the coming years . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09 2010, 02:19

Looks like the can-can trophy lol

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09 2010, 02:23

The first trophy of a fantanstic season Spurs10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:50