The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Is anything stirring ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Is anything stirring ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Is anything stirring ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Is anything stirring ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Is anything stirring ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Is anything stirring ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Is anything stirring ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Is anything stirring ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Is anything stirring ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Is anything stirring ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Is anything stirring ?

Is anything stirring ? Empty Is anything stirring ?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13 2010, 06:07

only harry,s spoon stirring the sugar into arry,s old mug of tea, by the sound of things. Is anything stirring ? Icon_rolleyes

Jokes aside ! what are we to gather from this silence from the transfer front ? Is anything stirring ? Icon_question

Well, we aint going to get bellamy from man city, thats for sure, loic remy ? well if we believe the media then harry is trying to sign the bloke with crouch being off loaded. Is anything stirring ? Icon_neutral

Do you know what ? i cant really see who would improve the side from who,s meant to be available anyway, and with figures of £20 mill being quoted for the likes of carlton cole then i am glad harry doesnt have money to burn. Is anything stirring ? Icon_pale

I have to say that i am a little mystified that we apparently have little money, £9 mill has been quoted by certain papers, or is levy just protecting the club against going overboard because we are in the cl. ? Is anything stirring ? Confused

The silence from whl on the transfer front still rings a little ominous for me ! i think targets are being kept underwraps and that we may be in for a few surprises..............at the end of the day harry is a wheeler dealer ! you cant stop the habit of a lifetime. Is anything stirring ? Icon_wink Is anything stirring ? Icon_wink Is anything stirring ? Icon_sunny

Is anything stirring ? Empty Re: Is anything stirring ?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13 2010, 08:14

most of the players we been linked with im not keen on
    i dont want adybwhore parker young . i dont mind richards teverz and bealmy

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13 2010, 08:28

I think harry has a few surprises up his sleeve lought, but obviously its a waiting game.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Fri Aug 13 2010, 15:00

lewspurs wrote:only harry,s spoon stirring the sugar into arry,s old mug of tea, by the sound of things. Is anything stirring ? Icon_rolleyes

Jokes aside ! what are we to gather from this silence from the transfer front ? Is anything stirring ? Icon_question

Well, we aint going to get bellamy from man city, thats for sure, loic remy ? well if we believe the media then harry is trying to sign the bloke with crouch being off loaded. Is anything stirring ? Icon_neutral

Do you know what ? i cant really see who would improve the side from who,s meant to be available anyway, and with figures of £20 mill being quoted for the likes of carlton cole then i am glad harry doesnt have money to burn. Is anything stirring ? Icon_pale

I have to say that i am a little mystified that we apparently have little money, £9 mill has been quoted by certain papers, or is levy just protecting the club against going overboard because we are in the cl. ? Is anything stirring ? Confused

The silence from whl on the transfer front still rings a little ominous for me ! i think targets are being kept underwraps and that we may be in for a few surprises..............at the end of the day harry is a wheeler dealer ! you cant stop the habit of a lifetime. Is anything stirring ? Icon_wink Is anything stirring ? Icon_wink Is anything stirring ? Icon_sunny

I think that there isnt the money in football to go splashing around like they used too,apart from Man City. But there wage bill must be huge at the moment and with the new regulations coming in 2013,the days of the mad Transfer windows are gone...but i think you are right there is going to be a few surprises over the next week or so...
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Aug 14 2010, 01:51

I think Harry has to sell before he can buy that's why he has been looking for loan players like Bellamy.
    The trouble with last min. signings is they are all over priced and more often than not over rated.
    I know we need players to come in especially in defence but not last min. desperation buys.
    I would rather stay with what we have but I'm not sure they are good enough for the long haul of top 4 and a run in the CL.
    I would like to see a good RB as Corluka is not reliable at the top level. Someone to play along side Dawson at CB as you have to forget about Ledley and Woody as regulars. A tough tackling goal scoring midfielder to push Palacious who is another coming up short on most occasions. Also a striker who can score goals regularly as what we have in that department looks good on paper but are to inconsistent. Defoe on his day is the best but these days they are few and far between and we need a regular goal scorer.
    Mikey M
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 14 2010, 07:42

i heard harry on talk sport tonight and crouch aint going nowhere, and i am glad. people underestimate him for what he gives to the team all the ballacks about oh resorting to long ball, so what sometimes it needs just that and crouch is perfect for this. so what, you cant always win pretty. like i said in a previous post without his goal at eastlands champs league would be a distant memory.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14 2010, 08:00

I have been saying for age's that loans are the way of the future. The parent club holds the registration but the player moves around trying to find the best wage packet going season after season. Hopefully the game is changing for the better but loan deals will see more of what, us the fans, refer to as mercenary moves . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content