The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
shearspur
ionman34
BazSpur
SuneJim
8 posters

KASEY (NAMED after KELLER)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) Empty KASEY (NAMED after KELLER)

Post by SuneJim Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:12

Just had a terrible few day's & as a board of animal lovers i thought i'd get it off my chest on here & i hope you don't mind.

Our family dog is called Kasey, after Keller as i wasn't allowed to call her Helder, after Postiga. We got her from a rescue center & a better dog you couldn't wish for.

Thursday night it had got a bit chilly so i shut the back door but Kasey came bounding in barking to be let out so she could take part in her favourite pass time jumping up at the back fence barking at anything & every thing.

So i opened the door to let her out & she shot out like greased lightning so i just shut the door. Then me & my son heard a yelp so we just thought she'd knocked herself on the fence or something so went back to the door to let her back in. Opened it back up expecting to see her sitting by the backdoor with her feel sorry for me eyes looking up at me but nothing so i called her still couldn't see her she's black & it was dark so i thought she's still down the bottom of the garden so i went to look & there she was laying in the middle of the lawn.

She wasn't moving so i got a light out & had a good look because i wanted to see what was wrong but couldn't so i carried her in with my two youngest children in shed's of tears. Called the vets & they very kindly said we could bring her down but best to bring £94 with just in case i tried riping them off. They doped her up & sent her home so when the kids got up in the morning & she was there they thought every thing was rosy but in reality she hadn't moved since the accident & we had to take her back for x-rays that morning.

So we took her in for x-rays which showed no broken bones or muscle injury so good news we hoped but no it meant the vets worst fears were more or less confirmed that she'd snapped her spinal cord (quite common in older dogs i'm finding out now) but totally puzzling Friday night. Give till the morning they said but if she still hasn't moved it best for her to be put down.

So yesterday morning we got the phone call none of us wanted & we headed off the say good bye to what i can only describe as the perfect family dog not an once of aggression & just a real joy to have around the kids went first & them crying there eyes out was bad enough & then my wife & me being strong until i saw her trying to wag her tail after hearing my voice & & looking her normal self even though she still couldn't move.

So no one wanted to stay when the vet came to put her down so i did because i wasn't having her on her own with strangers for her final moments i wanted her hearing my voice & that's how she was put to rest.

So yesterday we lost our beloved dog Kasey & it is just like losing one of the family & this has really helped me writing this out so i hope you don't mind.

Last edited by SuneJim on Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:55; edited 2 times in total
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

KASEY (NAMED after KELLER) Empty Re: KASEY (NAMED after KELLER)

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:19

Brought tears to my eyes reading that Jim. Its so hard losing any pet but especially a dog and I am really sorry you have lost what is effectively a member of your family. We have 3 and I know I will be in bits when any of them go. Its nice that you can write on here and express your feelings about Kasey. Its no problem and I would urge anyone that feels they want to, to do it.

RIP Kasey.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:25

I've never really been a dog person Jim, I don't really have the kind of temperament to be a good pet keeper, but my parents kept dogs and had a King Charles Spaniel named KC (Dad never really had that much of an imagination when it came to names.

They moved to Ireland and he loved it, roaming about the land and acting the Lord of all he surveyed. He too had the most fantastic demeanour about him, not a vicious bone in his body, and he was well loved, even by 6 kittens who 'adopted' him as a surrogate father after their Mother died and their Father went feral. Even I had a soft spot for him and, as it turned out, more than just a soft spot.

He was run over by a tractor one day and dragged himself nearly a mile with his back broken, only his front legs working. The vets did manage to fix him up somewhat but he was never the same again. He eventually died and the family was distraught, all of us.

As I said, I'm not really a dog person, but I have some inkling of what you're going through.

All the best mate and please pass my condolences on to the family. I hope the good memories come to the fore soon and that your memories of Kasey stay golden.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:31

May i offer my condolences Jim.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:50

sad time jim. as a dog owner i feel for you and your family mate,
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 05 2010, 23:19

Sorry to hear that jim . i love dogs any animal come to that .. very sad for you guys .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Sep 05 2010, 23:31

Same as Baz tears streaming down my face know what u r going through Jim Our Rocky was the same great family pet loads of love broke my heart couple of years ago when he died still miss him to this day but he is with me in spirit and on my avatar on his favorite place the couch it doesnt get easier no in the slightest. Stay strong sorry for your loss Sad

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06 2010, 00:01

Deepest condolences Jim, to your-self and your family . . . . .
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Mon Sep 06 2010, 02:31

Many thanks you lot, from me & my family.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 06 2010, 03:09

No probs Jim.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06 2010, 03:11

Jim i have only just come on here today ! so i have only just read about kasey, you know how i have suffered from losing molly, kaz and coral in one year, so i know your pain........

Tell everyone from sharon and me to remember all the good times and joy she gave the family.

I am not ashamed to say i am welling up for you.

All the best.

Lew and sharon.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Mon Sep 06 2010, 04:28

gutted big time

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06 2010, 04:48

big sympathies jim, from an animal lover .
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Mon Sep 06 2010, 06:41

Many thanks to all of you from my tribe.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Sep 06 2010, 20:33

Jim, I just spotted this thread, sorry I missed it before, Kasey was clearly a happy dog and it sounds like had a great time during her time with you. I feel for you mate.

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Fri Sep 10 2010, 20:47

Thanks all of you it's been a long hard week & you've all helped with your kind messages.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Fri Sep 10 2010, 20:51

Its ok jim its never easy losing a member of the family
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Sep 10 2010, 20:53

Hope it helped a little Jim.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Sep 10 2010, 21:41

It's what friends are for mate.

All the best.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:48