The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Well Disappointed. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Well Disappointed. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Well Disappointed. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Well Disappointed. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Well Disappointed. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Well Disappointed. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Well Disappointed. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Well Disappointed. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Well Disappointed. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Well Disappointed. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Well Disappointed.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Well Disappointed. Empty Well Disappointed.

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 12 2010, 05:46

With today's performance as someone else said, we should be beating these sorts of teams. If we want top 4 again we need to step it up a lot. I know we had injuries but even with injuries does anyone mean to tell me West Brom had a better team than us? We are well off the pace at the moment. Got a lot of catching up to do. I wonder if we have half a mind on Champions League.

Well Disappointed. Empty Re: Well Disappointed.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 05:55

when modric went off we then started to play poorley.
    does harry know that we have more midfeilders as i see hudd and wp started again. im sure hudd wil start tues. harry needs to give jenas a game and drop wp
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 12 2010, 07:31

when you go one nil up away from home you gotta know how to either defend that or push on from it, we did neither.there is still that soft centre creeping back in from a few seasons ago. we need the attitude of last season soon or we will find ourselves mid table mediocrity again.we got some very winable games coming up, wolves home, spams away, villa home, fulham away, everton home. now none of them particulary send a shiver down your spine and 13 -15 points should be acheivable with a bit of belief in the team again . injurys will come and go and the players given the fill in opportunity should step up to the plate when given their chance, pav is a prime example imo. dont think hes 100% spurs in his head now. coys
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 12 2010, 07:51

Spot on Shear. Have a Rep mate.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 12 2010, 08:03

cheers baz still dissapointed as you though mate

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 08:07

i dont think it was all pavs fault though. they hardly seem to pass to him. he didnt get a lot of service. but he still should of tried more. lennon and krankar or meant to offer sum creativity
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Sep 12 2010, 08:16

makes wolves at home next sat a must win game now, anything less will be a disaster. see werder bremen just drew 0-0 away to bayern tonight, lets hope we can get away with a draw there tues
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Sep 12 2010, 19:11

We are looking more like a middle of the table side. To many players are under echeiving and the rest with a couple of exceptions are just not good enough.

Coluka again was very poor. He is slow moving and slow thinking. Palacious has not had a good game for a year now.

Lennon is just a shadow of the player that terrified defences with his pace and trickery.i think it is a hang up from being dropped from the England squad and at the moment being over shadowed by Johnson and Walcott.

Kaboul is a 15-20 min player to me somebody you bring on at the end when you need to hold on to a lead , but he is not a 90 min player, he just doesn't have the skill.

I am also very concerned about Harry's tactics and team selections. He says we didn't need to buy a striker before the transfer window closed as we have 4 strikers that the rest of the prem would love to have. So when we have a injury to Defoe he plays Pav up front on his own....somebody incidentally that he refused to play for so long.....and leaves Keane and Crouch on the bench. To me that smacks of arrogance and lack of respect to the opposition, however moderate they may seem.

Pav is a lazy player and to my mind is not suited to the prem.He is certainly not somebody you can rely on if you need that extra bit of fight. Yesterday he was never in the game and he has to many matches like that.

We just do not create enough chances and if.... as many think.... we have a riches of midfielders,where are they when you need them.

That Everton fight back yesterday was amazing but I can not see this Spurs side ever doing that.As I said once before they are beginning to believe their own press releases.

The only MF player to show any desire was Modric and now we have lost him for sometime..GOD HELP US !!!!!

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 12 2010, 20:48

I think there is a lot of truth in what you say Mikey. I thought we were dynamite for the first 30 minutes yesterday and then like several have said once Modric went off was when the game changed.. We suddenly looked bereft of ideas. Now Modders is out for some time we need someone to step up in midfield. Maybe it will be VDV when he is fit or maybe Kranky will do a job. I think Lought is right Harry should have played Keane from the start in a 442.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content