The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
ratings EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
ratings EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
ratings EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
ratings EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
ratings EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
ratings EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
ratings EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
ratings EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
ratings EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

ratings Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

ratings

ratings Empty ratings

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22 2010, 10:40

Pletikosa - 5 - a debut to forget

Naughton - 4 - Looked out of his depth

Caulker - 3 - Looked good untill given pen away

Bassong - 6 - Awful pen to give away which was a shame because until Extra Time I thought he handled himself quite well.

Ekotto - 5 - Cruyff turns in dangerous places may have some drooling, but his all round play and defensive game was poor.

Gio - 2 - You just have to feel sorry for the kid. Finally gets to play in his favoured formation and then played on the wrong flank!

Sandro - 6 - Positive signs, worked his a*se off. Little sloppy in possession at times but his static team mates won't have helped and he was getting tired.

Livermore - 4 - Started well but as soon as the tempo increased he became a passenger.

Palacios - 5 - The usual mixed bag. Excellent challenges coupled with being caught in possession and stupid passes. Had a very good second half, a very poor first half and a poor extra time.

Bentley - 2 - I don't want to write too much because I am so angry about his performance. But he was played completely out of position.

Pav - 6 - Very very poor up top by himself. Wasbetter when we switched to 4-4-2 he run hes socks of in injury time but nobdy seem to be near him

Subs :

Keane - 5 - Lucky goal, worked hard but his touch was heavy, his movement poor (the amount of times he ran off the shoulder of the last man into an offside position and then threw a wobbly when the ball wasn't played to him) and like Pav didn't hold much up top to allow the midfield to get into the game.

Lennon - 5 - Couldn't find any space to work in, but when he had the ball did very little with it.

Kranky - 3 - Central midfield? Seriously Harry, WTF?

--

Redknapp - 3 - Awful team selection. It was like he expected Arsenal to field an extremely weak side. Rectified it for the 2nd half but even then made the wrong sub IMO. Bentley should've come off with Gio moving wide left and Lennon wide right just to give us proper balance. Then Kranky should've come on with 15 minutes of normal time to play for Gio. I really don't know what Harry was thinking today, but it backfired massively.
    or even bring hudd on

ratings Empty Re: ratings

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22 2010, 12:34

So thats a thumbs up then lought? lol!

Seriously lought ! it was like a new team out there, fringe players mixed with youth, players back from injury........1-1 full time, took the goons 2 penalties to get their heads in front of a team that grossly underperformed according to your ratings.

As i said in another thread ,it was just unfortunate that when we could actually field an experimental side in a competition that is less in the scheme of things on the tottenham agenda then it has to be against the fcking goons.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Sep 22 2010, 17:39

My Ratings

Pletikosa- 5 agree with lought shocker

Naughton - 5 did well against meercat till freekick head was down

Caulker- 6 not a pen in my eyes did well apart from extra time when u could see he was ruunning on empty

Bassong- 7 best game for a long time good blocks had vela in pocket not a pen very harsh

Ekotto - 6 stop with the turns in your own half bum fluff face

Gio - 5 Tracked back couple of decent tackles hardly touched the ball though

Sandro- 7 nervous to start off but got a lot better has the game wore on could be quite a good player

WP- 5 What has happend to him think his brother being murdered has hindered his career poor lad

Livermore-6 did quite well best of our mid first half but booked and looked very close to getting sent off

Bentley-3 Greedy Greedy Greedy should of scored with his head should of played in gio for a 1 on 1 instead of shooting

Pav-6 tried his little russian cotton socks off first half looked more at home with Keane

subs

Keane- 8 tried to motivate the team took his goal well it was Pav always offside not Keane the hardest trier best game for a while and u lose 4-1 hmmmmm

Lennon-5 dont think he could be arsed they is a problem with him and its doing my head in

Kranky-4 not long enough should of started feel sorry for him not getting much game time whats he done wrong?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Sep 22 2010, 18:33

oh wp is wilson palcious lol

agree with you about Sandro although he had a few wayward passes the guys looks the part stronge in midfield likes to tackle and gets up and down the field , like him alot, i thought caulker looked great i like him to

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22 2010, 23:33

i have no problem with harry playing the kids. but when he does this he sets them up so defensive. 3 in defence midfeild at home. who was meant to push up. we sat back and let them have the ball. its sumthing u shouldnt do aganst them.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 23 2010, 00:31

The less I say about this the better. I might say something I would regret. THAT WAS BOLLOX ARRY AND ITS YOUR FAULT.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Sep 23 2010, 00:43

BazSpur wrote:The less I say about this the better. I might say something I would regret. THAT WAS BOLLOX ARRY AND ITS YOUR FAULT.

I just think he got the balance wrong Baz, should have gone with Hutton at right back and Jenas in the middle with Sandro, Arsenal loaded the middle with experienced players, however, I do understand protecting the likes of VDV, Modders etc, if we want to finish in the top four again, we must play our best in the league.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 23 2010, 01:03

I agree with saving our better players Dave but he could have done better. fcuk me my cat could have put out a better team. He got it so wrong Dave. We are not 4-1 worse than them but the goons are having a field day now. Ffs does he not realise the importance of the games against those fcukers. WP on the right? What the fcuk was that all about? Then he puts Bentley on the Left when he could have played Kranky there and moved Bentley to the right and stuck WP in the center of mid-field. I am fcuking fuming still. We were made to look like total muppets last night even allowing for the two penalties.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Sep 23 2010, 01:35

Harry already knows we are going to be struggling this season, he knew he was putting out a side that would hardly know each other and I dont suppose cared too much about the result. The last time we were in europe and managed to stay in europe was under BMJ and I'm sure Harry is very determined to keep us at least in the top six in the league. In order to do that he needs down time for the players and he dont need to have them getting injured tired out in the league cup. Up untill this season we have been able to have as many players as we want but now we have 25 plus the under 21's and we already have Modric, Defoe & Dawson out. It's a sad fact of life that we dont have the squad to compete on 4 fronts, maybe not even 3 so we now under value the league cup in order to chase the glory of the league & CL, much the same as many other top clubs have been doing for years. Unfortunately as we no longer have a reserve team set up when we do this we have to put out a team that doesn't play together, ever, so no wonder we look so disjointed.
    All that said, I have to think that as disjointed and individual as we looked, we had the stronger looking set up of the goonies held to a 1-1 over 90 mins which to my mind suggests that come the league proper we will be giving them one hell of a match.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 02:15

sid baz is not sayin we should of played the strong players. its how harry set us up. playin kranker on left bentley on right hardly rocket sciennce. krankar hasnt started a game in ages and wont get many more chances now we are out the league cup unless we get more injuries

it says to me kranker is so far down the peckin order that harry dont fancy him anymore.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Sep 23 2010, 02:55

Loughtonlegend wrote:sid baz is not sayin we should of played the strong players. its how harry set us up. playin kranker on left bentley on right hardly rocket sciennce. krankar hasnt started a game in ages and wont get many more chances now we are out the league cup unless we get more injuries

it says to me kranker is so far down the peckin order that harry dont fancy him anymore.

Not really Lought, when we bought Kranj, Modders had broken his leg, who would you play? a fit Modric or Kranj?

cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Sep 23 2010, 03:14

If your putting them out there to test them why not make it difficult to see how they cope. That was my point really. Harry would rather find out how the players act under pressure than win the match.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23 2010, 03:44

they looked like they didnt know where they was meant to play. gio seemed so lost he had to come in midfeild to get the ball.

wp sandro livermoor all defensve midfeilders none of them seem to wana push up leavin us so deep. i feel sorry for livermoor he looks ok but got booked and was taken off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 06:03