The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Why oh why ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Why oh why ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Why oh why ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Why oh why ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Why oh why ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Why oh why ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Why oh why ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Why oh why ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Why oh why ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Why oh why ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
MarkA249
LOBO
BazSpur
ArnieArdiles
8 posters

Why oh why ?

Why oh why ? Empty Why oh why ?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 07:34

........is the grass always greener on the other side ? why are all spurs sold players a mistake? why did we sell bent ? why did we sell taarabt? why doesnt harry play.........(fill in the missing player) why does he keep playing crouch ? why doesnt lought change the fcking record please.? lol!

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Why oh why ? Empty Re: Why oh why ?

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 28 2010, 07:43

Because Lought loves the Spurs as much as we do Lew ...?
    We've all been a broken record at sometime in our lives over things we are passionate about.... .Let him be ..

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 07:53

Its negative arnie ! its always seeing every club decision as a mistake, every managerial decision as an error, and as much as lought means well its pretty well pointless and going round in circles.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 28 2010, 08:05

ArnieArdiles wrote:Because Lought loves the Spurs as much as we do Lew ...?
    We've all been a broken record at sometime in our lives over things we are passionate about.... .Let him be ..

REPPED Arnie. Spot on mate.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 08:11

Baz and arnie ! if lought would stick to his guns through thick and thin about who he wants in the team then i would have a little more tolerance, but if you read past posts one day he wants (for example) keane to play next post he wants him sold.

Same goes for jenas, crouch and others.

Yeah not demeaning the fact he is passionate about spurs but ! please some consistency ! mug a player off one day, but then put him in your preferred eleven the next ? it doesnt make sense to me.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 28 2010, 08:14

That's because we are Spurs fans Lew and we are all fickle lol!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Sep 28 2010, 08:51

Every Fan is entitled to his own opionion whether you think its right or wrong Lew, i myself am very critical and always have been, i wouldnt say i was being negative im just very passionate about the club i love , i see things as they are i dont always try to paint a rosie picture and pretend nothing is afoot, i think loughton is very honest in his opinion i don't think he does it to wind anyone up.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 09:16

IMO Lought does not do wind-up's. He states his feelings, and respect to him for that. More often than not I disagree with them, because of the negative feel of them. We are all Spurs fans and we we will always disagree on the basics but never the fundamentals . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 28 2010, 10:13

The main fundamental being that we all love our club dearly. And that's the whole point. We may not agree with each others points of view but we have to respect their right to express it.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 12:38

lew i can understand people not agreein with me. people have there on views. but its you that keep goin on about things. then you go and make up a whole new post even though theres one already there.

gomez. i lov him
    woodgate. i rekon when fit hes the best defender.
    king is great
    hutton another 1 i like
    pav. is lazy but can set people up. has awarness and scores,
    crouch. im no fan but like vis says hes inportant for the team and gives hes all

keane can go. i remember him sayin at the end of the season just before he moved to liverpool that he sign a new contract and wanted to finsh at spurs and was lookin forward to a summer of no transfer specualtion
    jenas. hes a good member of the sqaud
    hudd. i like a lot but he seems to play better at the lane
    wp. hes overrated
    livermpoor if we stick with him i rekon he can be good along with caulker.
    lennon. take hes pace away and hes very ordanry.
    bentley can go same as gio
    modric is a great player

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 15:53

ArnieArdiles wrote:Because Lought loves the Spurs as much as we do Lew ...?

Let him be ! let him be ! let him be " yeah" let him be " whisper words of wisdom " let him be..........eeee.

Arnie ! the beatles chose the wrong title.......

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28 2010, 16:07

Loughtonlegend wrote:lew i can understand people not agreein with me. people have there on views. but its you that keep goin on about things. then you go and make up a whole new post even though theres one already there.

gomez. i lov him
    woodgate. i rekon when fit hes the best defender.
    king is great
    hutton another 1 i like
    pav. is lazy but can set people up. has awarness and scores,
    crouch. im no fan but like vis says hes inportant for the team and gives hes all

keane can go. i remember him sayin at the end of the season just before he moved to liverpool that he sign a new contract and wanted to finsh at spurs and was lookin forward to a summer of no transfer specualtion
    jenas. hes a good member of the sqaud
    hudd. i like a lot but he seems to play better at the lane
    wp. hes overrated
    livermpoor if we stick with him i rekon he can be good along with caulker.
    lennon. take hes pace away and hes very ordanry.
    bentley can go same as gio
    modric is a great player

I am totally flabbergastered lought ! you go on and on and on moaning about players constantly, making new posts up,.then its back to harry player selection, then its taarabt again, then its knock crouch or jenas time, and amazingly when i bring it to everyones attention i come out of it looking worse than you do, talk about the fcking cavalry coming to your aid.

Its fcking crazy.....i give up mate i really do, its totally boring and predictable.

Someone pointed out on here lought that you havent posted one positive thing about spurs (and it wasnt me) and thats why we are really called fickle.

Thats my lot on the subject ! moan all you want all day, i will give it a wide berth,, harry couldnt please you in a million years even if we won 4-0 every fcking game ? you would still want 5-0. lmao

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 02:42

lew you just love attention. if burger stil posted on here he would see right through you. Everyone on here can see your little snide comments about adel trying to wind me up.

i do praise spurs but theres not a lot worth gettin prise about right now. I dunno if you been watchin the spurs games but apart from man c and youn boys how our performances have been pretty rubbish.

i praised harry last season. iv even changed my opinion that crouch derserved to start above pav a few games back. but none of them seem to wana nail down that spot

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 02:53

Loughtonlegend wrote:lew you just love attention. if burger stil posted on here he would see right through you. Everyone on here can see your little snide comments about adel trying to wind me up.

i do praise spurs but theres not a lot worth gettin prise about right now. I dunno if you been watchin the spurs games but apart from man c and youn boys how our performances have been pretty rubbish.

i praised harry last season. iv even changed my opinion that crouch derserved to start above pav a few games back. but none of them seem to wana nail down that spot

Well if thats the way they percieve me thats ok ! look lought i have posters that hate me on here and i couldnt give a sh*t, certain posters will rep anyone giving an argument against me....who cares ? i certainly couldnt.

If you regard comments about adel as snide then thats down to you ! if you dont know a joke comment then thats your problem.

I am not the first one to comment that nothing ever pleases you about what harry does ! you never let up knocking his teams, certain players, certain tactics et al !

As for burger ! well sh*t for brains has gone , his arguments were stupid and just contrived to wind up spurs fans on here.......many saw through him, why cant you ?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 03:05

yea most of the time he said things to wind people up. but he could still have a good debate from time to time.

Who hates you on here. why would anyone hate somone that post on the boards. Vis ionman they hardly ever agree with me but i dont hate them.

How boring would things be if everybody agreed with each other.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 05:00

Loughtonlegend wrote:yea most of the time he said things to wind people up. but he could still have a good debate from time to time.

Who hates you on here. why would anyone hate somone that post on the boards. Vis ionman they hardly ever agree with me but i dont hate them.

How boring would things be if everybody agreed with each other.

Totally agree lought, you could have a good debate from him, and personally i thought they (plus sparky) added a bit of spice on here.

However using burger in a post to say he "would see through me " " attention seeking " ? etc etc, is a bit wide of the mark.

All i have done is argued the fact that you always say negative things about spurs, as you say debate is good ! so how is that attention seeking ? and a small joke about taarabt regarded as snide ? and that people see through me........big statement lought .

As for hate ! yeah it was a strong word ! dislike should be more like it, thing is lought when you argue the toss with someone on here and it gets a bit nasty, and later you think that was a bit over the top, and then post an apology and it gets ignored, well it doesnt exactly mean you are that persons favourite poster now does it ?

Look lought i have nothing against you ! you are so passionate about spurs that no one could dislike you for that, and you never really get nasty , when in fact i have seen remarks back at you that would do it for me, but cut harry a bit of slack, yeah he gets things wrong but he does get things right, he,s human, and the fact we are in the cl says something of the blokes abilities, he will get it right ! trust me, we have to hang onto that 4th placed club while we have key players out, when they are back i can see we will hit a rich vein of form and challenge once again..........trust "arry " lought.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Sep 29 2010, 17:55

Sort of agree with both of u Very Happy agree with Lew about lought always negative Me and Dave (dfitzo) chatted about it the other day one min he is saying Gio never gets a chance and then when he is and they play him out of posistion Tarrabt better than him lol! then Defoe slagging his goal scoring record off yes strikers r judged on goal scoring but eveyone goes through barren spell Rooney hasnt scored well he sort of has lol! since March in open play do u hear Utd fan slagging him off no But at the end of the day Its Loughts opionion and thats whats good about this board

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 20:45

MarkA249 wrote:Sort of agree with both of u Very Happy agree with Lew about lought always negative Me and Dave (dfitzo) chatted about it the other day one min he is saying Gio never gets a chance and then when he is and they play him out of posistion Tarrabt better than him lol! then Defoe slagging his goal scoring record off yes strikers r judged on goal scoring but eveyone goes through barren spell Rooney hasnt scored well he sort of has lol! since March in open play do u hear Utd fan slagging him off no But at the end of the day Its Loughts opionion and thats whats good about this board

Yeah mark ! its an opinion from him and what i like about lought is that he never really gets into a bad argument like i do, having said that its gets a bit tedious when whatever harry does is wrong according to lought, or a player that has left would be doing the business for us now.

As i said with lought the grass is always greener on the other side, but he,s ok and perhaps i should just leave him to post his opinions without comment. Very Happy
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Sep 29 2010, 20:53

A leopard does not changes his spots Lew u should know that lol! Not many people agree with him on here me included but hes Spurs through and through like all of us on here and yes he has is favs like we all do and if one of your favs went to another team and did great u would not be happy we let him go Just have to take him as he comes Lew and argue the toss with him lmao

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 21:06

MarkA249 wrote:A leopard does not changes his spots Lew u should know that lol! Not many people agree with him on here me included but hes Spurs through and through like all of us on here and yes he has is favs like we all do and if one of your favs went to another team and did great u would not be happy we let him go Just have to take him as he comes Lew and argue the toss with him lmao

Yeah keeps it interesting that way mark ! i think everyone enjoys a bit of a rip up on here from time to time and i am sure they find it very entertaining, thing is i usually get told to back off lought ! ? i think a lot are protective of him on here. Cool but thats ok by me .

Loughts ok though and as you say it comes from his love of spurs ! which cant be bad.

Little morsel though about bent, lought didnt rate him a couple of seasons back when he got games under harry, and now he,s the striker we need .? the word according to lought ! Very Happy

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30 2010, 02:59

its harrys fault if he keeps playin gio out of poitsion. adel done more in a spurs shirt then gio. adel has more body strengh more skill. he has awareness. and he dont hide..

defoe recored since comming back has been awfull. take away the hatrick aganst leeds and the 5 goals v wigan and its glum reading.

people go on about its cos we aint given our strikers much service which we aint in the last few games but theres been games where they have had loads and stil missed.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Sep 30 2010, 21:24

people go on about its cos we aint given our strikers much service which we aint in the last few games but theres been games where they have had loads and stil missed.

Be interesting to see some stats Lought, cos I must have missed all those chances that we created.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01 2010, 01:45

portsmout semi final man c 1st game of the season wigan home wolves home 1st half.

didnt we create a lot of chances aganst west brom.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Oct 01 2010, 20:23

Loughtonlegend wrote:portsmout semi final man c 1st game of the season wigan home wolves home 1st half.

We didnt create anywhere near as much as last season apart from the Citeh game when we had our best team on show apart from VDV and Hart was in incredible form.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Oct 02 2010, 01:26

[quote="djfitzo"]
    Loughtonlegend wrote:portsmout semi final man c 1st game of the season wigan home wolves home 1st half.

We didnt create anywhere near as much as last season apart from the Citeh game when we had our best team on show apart from VDV and Hart was in incredible form.

Lought does have a point though Dave, we are very wasteful in front of goal, particularly Keane and Crouch. You have to accept that goalkeepers are going to pull off some cracking saves, however, these two do manage to miss the target quite often.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:48