The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Why oh why ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Why oh why ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Why oh why ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Why oh why ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Why oh why ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Why oh why ? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Why oh why ? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Why oh why ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Why oh why ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Why oh why ? - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
MarkA249
LOBO
BazSpur
ArnieArdiles
8 posters

Why oh why ?

Why oh why ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why oh why ?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02 2010, 06:15

The thing is Ion does Crouchinio make goals ? I think yes. Keane hasn't had enough chances to do this yet ! We have 4 very good, yet different strikers at Spurs. Happy days eh . . . .. . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Oct 02 2010, 19:47

[quote="ionman34"]
    djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:portsmout semi final man c 1st game of the season wigan home wolves home 1st half.

didnt we create a lot of chances aganst west brom.

We didnt create anywhere near as much as last season apart from the Citeh game when we had our best team on show apart from VDV and Hart was in incredible form.

Lought does have a point though Dave, we are very wasteful in front of goal, particularly Keane and Crouch. You have to accept that goalkeepers are going to pull off some cracking saves, however, these two do manage to miss the target quite often.

Agreed Ion, but after the Citeh game, we have not created as many chances as we did last season, therefore we have less chance to score, no matter what anyone says we do miss Defoe, cos whilst he is being marked by one or two defenders, that leaves space for the others. Crouch does make goals for the other players, whereas Keane, no matter whether he starts a game or not, has the air of a player that knows his not first choice and doesnt seem to know whether to buckle down or just play it out until January, cos his performances and been pretty poor.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Oct 02 2010, 23:26

[quote="djfitzo"][quote="ionman34"]
    djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:portsmout semi final man c 1st game of the season wigan home wolves home 1st half.

didnt we create a lot of chances aganst west brom.

We didnt create anywhere near as much as last season apart from the Citeh game when we had our best team on show apart from VDV and Hart was in incredible form.

Lought does have a point though Dave, we are very wasteful in front of goal, particularly Keane and Crouch. You have to accept that goalkeepers are going to pull off some cracking saves, however, these two do manage to miss the target quite often.

Agreed Ion, but after the Citeh game, we have not created as many chances as we did last season, therefore we have less chance to score,

You're right mate and that's why it's so imperative to have a striker, or strikers, that can produce better finishing than the one in God-knows how many chances created.
    The midfield must also be held accountable here too, they don't weigh in with enough, not nearly as many as the talent suggests they should.

no matter what anyone says we do miss Defoe, cos whilst he is being marked by one or two defenders, that leaves space for the others.

I more or less said that in a discussion with Lobo (the drop Crouchinho thread). Defoe works across the back 4 which drags defenders out of position, creating space. In doing that he opens holes which the likes of VDV will have a field day exploiting.

Crouch does make goals for the other players

And he has excellent vision. He'd be far more effective with ball into feet, Lennon would, IMO, be one of the greater beneficiaries with the Crouch square ball allowing him to isolate the fullback rather than having to approach him from deep and allow cover to the FB.

whereas Keane, no matter whether he starts a game or not, has the air of a player that knows his not first choice and doesnt seem to know whether to buckle down or just play it out until January, cos his performances and been pretty poor.

I actually said, pre season, that if we couldn't get that 'Marquee' striker then we should keep Keane, if we couldn't get better, because he's a tried and tested goal scorer at the highest level.
    I'm starting to think I was wrong because, as you say, he has been extremely poor in reality.
    I'd really like to see Gio given a go in the role because he's lost in RM and, if he carries on like this, his days are numbered. He's falling further back in the pecking order all the time. He's of similar build to Defoe and has very quick feet. Stranger things have happened and it may just be the making of him. Imagine the confidence boost we'll see in him if he's able to nab a goal in the role.

What have we got to lose by giving him a shot? And just what have we gained if the gamble works out? The more I think about it the more the idea has merit to me.

Let's face it, he really couldn't perform too much worse than Keane has to date could he?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02 2010, 23:41

we def havent created loads of chances since the man c game. i dont see why gio not played up front.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Oct 04 2010, 20:36

Crouch does make goals for the other players

And he has excellent vision. He'd be far more effective with ball into feet, Lennon would, IMO, be one of the greater beneficiaries with the Crouch square ball allowing him to isolate the fullback rather than having to approach him from deep and allow cover to the FB.

Bloody beanpole, goes and makes both goals with his head!1

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Oct 05 2010, 01:48

I can understand the fans frustration with Crouch not scoring at the moment, but if he wasnt playing against Villa on Saturday, we would have probably drawn or lost the game. What would you have preferred?? Simples.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Oct 05 2010, 02:21

EXACTLY,crouch does the buisness.makes goals for others, scored some very important ones for us just as you think well get nothing, works hard and takes a lot of physical stuff but gets up and gets on with it. we be a lot worse off without him in the squad.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05 2010, 02:53

you should watch drogbra yesterday. thats what crouch should be doing, he was so strong outmuscled the scum defence.

we was playin well just before half time. i was sure 2nd half we would win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:19