The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
LOBO
djfitzo
SuneJim
7 posters

Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) Empty Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture)

Post by SuneJim Thu Oct 14 2010, 22:24

Van Der Vaart, has all the tricks,
    He was signed at five past six lol!

We all agree that the last minute deal to bring him in is was a masterstroke by Mr Levy. Harry's utilising him well & we have a player that taking us to a new level. He's a winner, technically superb & knows where the goal is & seems to be inspiring the whole team.

So could we ask for more?

Well maybe not from him directly as he's been simply tremendous since he signed. But his signing could be the catalyst to more of the same in the January Transfer Window. We stay in & about the TOP 4 and the quality of our signings could vastly improve. They'll look at VD Vaart & see how well he's doing & & the direction the club seems to be going & want in. Plus if we're still in the CL we'll be one hell of a good prospect for perspective new players.

Plus with emergence of Bale as a possible world beater & all ready having players the quality of Modric, we really could be in for some exciting times in the near future.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture) Empty Re: Van Der VAART (Bigger Picture)

Post by djfitzo Fri Oct 15 2010, 00:13

SuneJim wrote:Van Der Vaart, has all the tricks,

We all agree that the last minute deal to bring him in is was a masterstroke by Mr Levy. Harry's utilising him well & we have a player that taking us to a new level. He's a winner, technically superb & knows where the goal is & seems to be inspiring the whole team.

Well maybe not from him directly as he's been simply tremendous since he signed. But his signing could be the catalyst to more of the same in the January Transfer Window. We stay in & about the TOP 4 and the quality of our signings could vastly improve. They'll look at VD Vaart & see how well he's doing & & the direction the club seems to be going & want in. Plus if we're still in the CL we'll be one hell of a good prospect for perspective new players.

Plus with emergence of Bale as a possible world beater & all ready having players the quality of Modric, we really could be in for some exciting times in the near future.

They will also see that Van The Man has also won his place back in the National team, so his performances for us have been noticed.

I know its a little off thread, but how refreshing to see the Dutch manager drop De Jong, his been getting away with murder for a long time now.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Oct 15 2010, 00:37

Jims been at the happy pills again lol!

I had to rub my eyes then jim i thought for a minute i was reading one of my old posts from aol, are you sure you didnt cut and past it and changed the names lol!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15 2010, 07:26

thats a good way of looking at it jim. the guy workrate has really inpressed me. hopefully this wil rub of on our own players.
    hudd barry basson lennon are still so young imagine them in 3/4 years time

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16 2010, 05:20

Not sure if there may be a cooling off period with vdv jim ! i dont think its possible he will play the way he has been doing in what is a very hard , long and tiring season in the prem and do it match after match ?

But he is a great player and plays his heart out for spurs....refreshing when you think of berbawanker !
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat Oct 16 2010, 07:04

Its Early days, but the signs are Vantastic.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Sat Oct 16 2010, 20:03

vdv feels wanted by spurs. at real madrid he was used as a spare part by ramos and was always second to the likes of kaka,robinho,robben then ronaldo etc. i have just looked at his record at madrid and it reads very good but it sounds like when 1 of the big 3 were fit again it would be vdv that would be dropped. vdv can be a hero at spurs for many years to come, he aint no idiot, he can sense something big may happen and he wants to be a part of it.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16 2010, 23:12

Fine footballer, fantastic signing trifik . . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Oct 17 2010, 00:59

I hope you are right Jim about the building of a team now that we have VDV and him playing so well. However I have this nagging feeling that if UTD, City or now they have the money L'pool, come in with 40mil for Bale and Modric Levy would sell.

Mikey M
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Oct 17 2010, 11:27

YID FROM DAV wrote:vdv feels wanted by spurs. at real madrid he was used as a spare part by ramos and was always second to the likes of kaka,robinho,robben then ronaldo etc. i have just looked at his record at madrid and it reads very good but it sounds like when 1 of the big 3 were fit again it would be vdv that would be dropped. vdv can be a hero at spurs for many years to come, he aint no idiot, he can sense something big may happen and he wants to be a part of it.

Good point made there , Yid about his time at Real Madrid ...When we sign a player I tend to check the signed players club forum to gage what their fans are saying about selling on the player ...Many were gutted and felt he was unfairly treated ...When Kaka was injured, VDV played 14 games , scoring 7 goals and provided 7 assists but that wasnt enough ...
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Sun Oct 17 2010, 18:59

vdv was wasted by ramos (joker) then by pellegrini, this guy is hungary to play football, he has missed out on good years due to bad management and seems keen to make up for loss time. he has lost his national place due to his time at madrid, i have never been more excited about a yid signing than vdv i really think this guy can take us to where we want.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:55