The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Whats in a name? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Whats in a name? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Whats in a name? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Whats in a name? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Whats in a name? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Whats in a name? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Whats in a name? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Whats in a name? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Whats in a name? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Whats in a name? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Whats in a name?

Whats in a name? Empty Whats in a name?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 23:57

I heard friday that kaboul was back from his hamstring problem and wondered if harry was going to put him straight back in the team, i wondered who he might replace and decided that whoever made way then it could be that player who harry has less faith in ? whether my thinking was right or wrong it turned out to be bassong ! but i also put hutton in the mix because kaboul has played at right back.

I dont want to seem to be constantly knocking some of our players because they are what they are but we can do better, and thats why there is no place for sentiment in the game of football, players dont use it when negotiating contracts through their agents so why should we as fans when we criticise certain players.

I would ask you that when you see names like vdv, bale,king etc on the teamsheet dont you get a certain twang of confidence about things, and less so about other players names ? well thats where i am coming from, as a spurs fan i want to get that rosy glow about every name on the spurs teamsheet, and at the moment my twang of confidence is incomplete.

For everyones information crouch doesnt float my boat either, my point the other night was that he came in for loads of bad feedback when the whole team were at fault, and that seemed unfair, he also is bit of an enigma because just when you think he is the proverbial bowel movement he does something special (though he hasnt lately) and he constantly gets blamed for the long ball ! well all i saw on wednesday was bale using the length of the pitch and beating defender after defender, i didnt see the team constantly use the long ball to crouch because of his height.

Crouch has his place in a tottenham squad, and should imo be used as an option, the long ball should also have its place in the tactical side of football, not to rely on it as your main route at goal but when things dictate during a game, crouchy is an off the bench player, and should be used accordingly when the time is right to use him (never i hear some of you say) but he will come up trumps sometimes.

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Whats in a name? Empty Re: Whats in a name?

Post by cstmrsking Mon Oct 25 2010, 03:45

Lew what line up would give you a Twang! lol

Right Back for me, has to be Hutton at the Moment.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 04:25

Me I wouldn't have a right back ! I'd use Hutton on the right wing if Lennon wasn't firing on all cylinders but I would go 3 at the back. Dawson central & holding it together and Bassong/Gallas left & Kaboul/King right . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 04:45

cstmrsking wrote:Lew what line up would give you a Twang! lol

I would go for those players that give me confidence kingy ! gomes , bale, king, kaboul,ekotto,vdv,lennon (talent never dies)modric,defoe............and thats all at the moment, although thud is winning me over, and pav is a great favourite of mine but i would like more goals out the bloke when he is in the line up, plus sandro hasnt had much time to make an impact, palacios forces too many changes from the manager when he plays because he gets booked so often.

Weak links for me is the right back slot, and kaboul needs a partner at cb when king cant play, plus defoe needs a goal poacher to compliment him.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 05:01

lewspurs wrote:

I would go for those players that give me confidence kingy ! gomes , bale, king, kaboul,ekotto,vdv,lennon (talent never dies)modric,defoe............and thats all at the moment, although thud is winning me over, and pav is a great favourite of mine but i would like more goals out the bloke when he is in the line up, plus sandro hasnt had much time to make an impact, palacios forces too many changes from the manager when he plays because he gets booked so often.

Weak links for me is the right back slot, and kaboul needs a partner at cb when king cant play, plus defoe needs a goal poacher to compliment him.

Lew if we play Kaboul at C/B he has a ready made partner in Daws when he is fit. The lad was the lynch-pin in our defence last season and, in my humble opinion, we are missing him more than anyone at the moment . . . . . .
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Mon Oct 25 2010, 05:58

im really hearing lewspurs, he wants strength all over the park and im agreeing with that. we have immense talent in vdv,modric,bale,lennon,daws,gomes, and king when he plays but seem to be let down by the crouch,ekkotus,bassong,hutton,jenas etc as they are either aint good enough or we dont play them enough, i know we need a squad but i think they are small holes in our team and harry needs to fill them, is hutton good enough, is bassong good enough i aint really sure but that unceratainty does my nut in. i want my right back to be quality, i want him to be the best in england, i want him to be regular. we play too many players there and no one seems to hold the position down. that says to me we need to fill that position with a name of stature, i reccomend maicon to harry if we can afford him.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Oct 25 2010, 07:00

VisionarySound wrote:Me I wouldn't have a right back ! I'd use Hutton on the right wing if Lennon wasn't firing on all cylinders but I would go 3 at the back. Dawson central & holding it together and Bassong/Gallas left & Kaboul/King right . . . . . . .

Vis, you beat me to it, i agree with using Hutton as a winger as cover for Lennon. But i would still play the Hut @ RB.
    I like the look on Huts face after a tackle, never has a look of sympaphy for the person he has just clatted to the ground.

All said and done, i do feel the Hut has up his Game.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 07:11

when has crouch done sumthing specal though. he scored a tap in from a mistake by the man c goalkeeper who pushed it onto hes head. the game he should should have scored 3 goals in that game. and yesterday goal wasnt an asssit from crouch. the ball bit him and bounced of hes knee.

I feel sorry for bassong because even when he comes in and plays well he stil gets dropped. i think he looks better then galas of late.

i do think kaboul derserves to start agans man u next week.

i would probabley play king aganst inter milan as if we win that game then we will almost be certan to qualify for nockout stage

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 16:31

VisionarySound wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Lew if we play Kaboul at C/B he has a ready made partner in Daws when he is fit. The lad was the lynch-pin in our defence last season and, in my humble opinion, we are missing him more than anyone at the moment . . . . . .

Hmmmmmmmmm! i like daws vis ! little problem i have with him is going to ground too often, sliding into the tackle and ending up on his a*se and the opposing player scooting off for goal.

The lad is certainly brave, gets in where it hurts, but watch king when he plays vis, doesnt often commit himself to sliding tackles, keeps on his feet and thats what i would like to see of daws.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 16:35

VisionarySound wrote:Me I wouldn't have a right back ! I'd use Hutton on the right wing if Lennon wasn't firing on all cylinders but I would go 3 at the back. Dawson central & holding it together and Bassong/Gallas left & Kaboul/King right . . . . . . .

Not sure i wouldnt have a right back vis but i can certainly see hutton filling in for lennon on the right wing when the need calls, he does have an attacking game, its his defensive side that lets him down imo.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 04:02

YID FROM DAV wrote:im really hearing lewspurs, he wants strength all over the park and im agreeing with that. we have immense talent in vdv,modric,bale,lennon,daws,gomes, and king when he plays but seem to be let down by the crouch,ekkotus,bassong,hutton,jenas etc as they are either aint good enough or we dont play them enough, i know we need a squad but i think they are small holes in our team and harry needs to fill them, is hutton good enough, is bassong good enough i aint really sure but that unceratainty does my nut in. i want my right back to be quality, i want him to be the best in england, i want him to be regular. we play too many players there and no one seems to hold the position down. that says to me we need to fill that position with a name of stature, i reccomend maicon to harry if we can afford him.

Repped yid , great post, and its good to see someone thinking along the same lines as yourself.

I hate having a go about spurs players on here, and we need a large squad because we are playing lots of games week in week out ( and i love it ) but there are games hutton and bassong, jenas and a few others including crouch can play in when the time is right but we need better in those positions they occupy when we come up against the big boys, and the big games.

Hutton and bassong are what they are, perhaps coaching would improve their games ! who knows ? but we can do better.

As i said i hate knocking any spurs player, in sunejims very words " whoever wears the shirt i will support " and that goes for me too.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Tue Oct 26 2010, 04:53

cant believe it, I just done a great big long post and hit the wrong button and lost it. LOL

agagagagagagagaghghghghghggh
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 26 2010, 05:30

The times I have done that lol.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Tue Oct 26 2010, 05:50

In a nut shell I was saying we have midfielders that are good and can defend good, we should make use of them
    Gomez
    Dawson King Woodgate
    Kranjka Thudd Bale
    Lennon Van d vart Modric

Any striker you like

Looks a bit odd to start with but adopt this shape of play and its versatillity is endless. for a start you can sub any one of those players with the similar players and keep the shape, It can be a condenced 6 man midfield to any opposition trying to play through the middle. It can produce lightening quick counter attacking play on either side keeping the oppo back on their heels a bit. Skill? Bale Kranjka Modric & Van d vart need I say more, Fight? swap Thudd for Palaciuos or sandro, Speed? got it, creativity? got it. Protect a lead? Bale & thud drop back 5-4-1

I cant believe I havent seen this yet cmon arry wot ya playing at.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 06:01

3 at the back Sid. That's what I'm trying to preach. We don't need a back 4, just 3 mobile defenders and let the attack do the defensive work for us via all out heading for their goal . . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Oct 26 2010, 06:15

cynicsid wrote:In a nut shell I was saying we have midfielders that are good and can defend good, we should make use of them
    Gomez
    Dawson King Woodgate
    Kranjka Thudd Bale
    Lennon Van d vart Modric

Any striker you like

Looks a bit odd to start with but adopt this shape of play and its versatillity is endless. for a start you can sub any one of those players with the similar players and keep the shape, It can be a condenced 6 man midfield to any opposition trying to play through the middle. It can produce lightening quick counter attacking play on either side keeping the oppo back on their heels a bit. Skill? Bale Kranjka Modric & Van d vart need I say more, Fight? swap Thudd for Palaciuos or sandro, Speed? got it, creativity? got it. Protect a lead? Bale & thud drop back 5-4-1

I cant believe I havent seen this yet cmon arry wot ya playing at.

Love the Idea, dont know about Kind and Woodgate, when we have, BEA, Kabul and Hutt.

Just for fun, i think we should, put, Cuddicini in Goal and Gomes in Defence, he would Flatten any striker who got close.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 18:13