The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Lennon good or bad? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Lennon good or bad? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Lennon good or bad? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Lennon good or bad? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Lennon good or bad? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Lennon good or bad? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Lennon good or bad? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Lennon good or bad? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Lennon good or bad? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Lennon good or bad? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Lennon good or bad?

cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Lennon good or bad? Empty Lennon good or bad?

Post by cynicsid Fri Oct 29 2010, 22:25

I don't know if it's just me but I'm getting the feeling lately that Lennon is loosing his impact and I think it's almost entirely down to lack of effort.

The amount of times he passes backwards is stunning (for an attacking midfielder) and he never seems to make a run before a pass is made, he always seems to stand facing the ball waiting for someone else to do the magic. This seems to me to be a waste of his best tallent of out pacing defenders with the ball, as he is always having a standing start, and almost never gets the ball in behind the defenders.

Last season he was magic, his defending was almost as good as his attacking play and other teams were all doubling up on him releasing the central players. He just seems so flat this season like he's at 90% most of the time.

I cant help thinking if we got our old Lennon back and they had to double up on him more, teams would be having a nightmare trying to stop him and Bale at the same time.

So my question is, how long do we keep putting him out there at 90% and would Kranjca or Bentley be a better option on some occations?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Lennon good or bad? Empty Re: Lennon good or bad?

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 29 2010, 23:34

I agree, I don't think he has been at his best so far this season. Get hold of him Arry.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30 2010, 04:29

Lennon not good or bad at present just indifferent. Maybe after his treatment at the WC, the injury problems and for all we know he may have problems in his personal life. Whatever the reason/s he is certainly off his game at the mo, but in the last couple of games there has been the odd flash of lil Aaron getting back to his best . . . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Oct 30 2010, 05:47

needs to lay off the fcuking havana cigars

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30 2010, 05:56

Lennon has had a few niggling injuries, and then got a lot of flack from the world cup ! remember he was one of the first to get the axe, so its probably a bit of both factors, his confidence is coming back now though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content