The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Lennon again. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Lennon again. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Lennon again. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Lennon again. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Lennon again. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Lennon again. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Lennon again. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Lennon again. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Lennon again. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Lennon again. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Lennon again.

Lennon again. Empty Lennon again.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 23:02

Only saw the highlights on match of the day but it seems like lennon comes into his own when bale isnt playing, bale went off in the eleventh minute.

You have to ask why we arent getting the two pronged wing attack when both are playing, because all what comes across is that lennon is out of form, the truth is the feeder players are going the bale route and lennon is left with a cameo role down the right, and not being allowed to give bale the breather he so rightly deserved.

I have said before that its down to harry to get the players to get the ball out to both wings, when lennon is on top of his game he is just as effective as bale.
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Lennon again. Empty Re: Lennon again.

Post by That Damned Mark Sun Jan 23 2011, 23:19

Well yes but it's a tactical balancing act aint it.
    Bale bombs down the left 2 or 3 times and the defenders get lulled into covering that side, suddenly switch across and Lennons speed takes them by surprise.
    To a similar extent Arshavin and Walcott play the same game, as do a host of other teams.

A speedy winger is probably the most exiting part of football in my book.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Sun Jan 23 2011, 23:35

Did somebody just compare Lennon to Walcott. OOOooooooww.

Actually I'd love to see Lennon get a bit more service over the top, or anything he can run on to in the way walcott does, he is so often recieving the ball with his back to goal, seems a bit daft not to use his speed more often.
    That Damned Mark
    That Damned Mark
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by That Damned Mark Mon Jan 24 2011, 00:04

Like London buses, wait for ages for one to come along, then suddenly there's two english right wingers turning up at the same time Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 00:43

Lew, IMO when Bale is playing we seem to favour the left side. I didn't see yesyerdays game but I would think that with Bale going off this meant the team then prefered to use Lennons acknowleged pace on the left rather than the realitively unknown play of Pienaar . . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jan 24 2011, 01:53

I thought lennon was amazing yesterday, not because of the goal, but his alround game is better, he always 9 times out of 10 would go on the out side, now he cuts inside and brings other into play, hes really starting to mature and develope , he never gives up runing, where as in the past he was all speed and little end product, not now though he really is becoming a top player again but this time better alround player.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 06:46

That Damned Mark wrote:Well yes but it's a tactical balancing act aint it.
    Bale bombs down the left 2 or 3 times and the defenders get lulled into covering that side, suddenly switch across and Lennons speed takes them by surprise.
    To a similar extent Arshavin and Walcott play the same game, as do a host of other teams.

A speedy winger is probably the most exiting part of football in my book.

Welcome to the forum and a rep for seeing my point....... lol!

I am an old fogey on here and not many see what i see........... gutted
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jan 24 2011, 07:17

even wenger sees what you see lew.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Jan 24 2011, 11:50

[quote="lewspurs"]

the truth is the feeder players are going the bale route and lennon is left with a cameo role down the right, and not being allowed to give bale the breather he so rightly deserved.

Spot on Lew I would also add that Hutton not passing to Lenon often enough does not help

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 13:03

shearspur wrote:even wenger sees what you see lew.

Well he,s on old fogey too shear lol!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 13:08

[quote="philip"]
    lewspurs wrote:

the truth is the feeder players are going the bale route and lennon is left with a cameo role down the right, and not being allowed to give bale the breather he so rightly deserved.

Spot on Lew I would also add that Hutton not passing to Lenon often enough does not help

Hutton does seem to be on his own agenda phil , but he has had the best season for us since his transfer from rangers so he is worth his place imo.

Thing is he hasnt got lennons skill, we saw just how good lennon can be when he scored the equaliser, and that was from cutting in from the left, usually where bale would be.

Play should be alternated with two wingers with the skills of bale and lennon, it is hutton that becomes the fly in the ointment here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content