The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What can you say ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What can you say ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What can you say ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What can you say ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What can you say ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What can you say ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What can you say ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What can you say ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What can you say ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What can you say ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
LOBO
YID FROM DAV
MarkA249
cynicsid
BazSpur
shearspur
10 posters

What can you say ?

What can you say ? Empty What can you say ?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 07 2010, 03:38

We have a hangover after every cl game, but kranky and sandro arent good enough ! bentley is the natural fill in for lennon, also we are learning more about kaboul ? he remains under scrutiny as far as i am concerned, Bollox what anyone says about him , he gets turned easily on his left.

Harry cocked this one up and gave coyle the points.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

What can you say ? Empty Re: What can you say ?

Post by shearspur Sun Nov 07 2010, 05:10

proper top 4 clubs dont always have cl hangovers, i dont buy into that old cobblers,they should be bloody buzzing after that win on tuesday and pushed on and grown from it not hide under the excuse of that old chestnut.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Nov 07 2010, 05:21

spot on Shear, too many hiding today my liking.and.it.just isn't good enough in my opinion. I don't blame Arry. Bolton haven't got the.quality of squad we have but they won. That was down to our team not Arry.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Nov 07 2010, 05:24

By the way Repped Shear
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Nov 07 2010, 07:38

cheers
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Sun Nov 07 2010, 10:10

I'm not having this, Theres one reason and one reason only we have been letting in goals and thats Gallas,

Saw lots of comments about how well he did in the CL match, well stuff that he is a liability. Anyone who has them recorded go back and look at his positioning and passing just before the goals. 1 st one today wall all him.
    He's trading on a reputation and wont ever be a safe bet in my eyes.
    Dawson, Get well soon.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 07 2010, 18:55

Gallas has done ok up to now sid but he had a nightmare in this match.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 07 2010, 19:02

shearspur wrote:proper top 4 clubs dont always have cl hangovers, i dont buy into that old cobblers,they should be bloody buzzing after that win on tuesday and pushed on and grown from it not hide under the excuse of that old chestnut.

So we are not a proper top 4 club then shear ? is that what you are saying ?they are just not up to prem games now they have the kudos of good cl performances, and its down to harry to do that very thing, get them up for the next game.

Blaming individual players hasnt been my style on here for along while now, but i have said i dont rate certain ones, i doubted getting a result out of the game when i saw krancjar picked, as lought has said in the past he doesnt beat anyone.

Gallas was crap, but as far as i was concerned thats his worse game for us since coming on a free.

We need players back, but all we seem to do is lose more to injury.

Last edited by lewspurs on Sun Nov 07 2010, 22:57; edited 1 time in total
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Nov 07 2010, 20:15

cynicsid wrote:I'm not having this, Theres one reason and one reason only we have been letting in goals and thats Gallas,

Saw lots of comments about how well he did in the CL match, well stuff that he is a liability. Anyone who has them recorded go back and look at his positioning and passing just before the goals. 1 st one today wall all him.
    Dawson, Get well soon.

Blaming Gallas is easy been a ex goon i praised him against Inter cause he deserved it 1 bad game does not make him a crap player or can say that about all of them First goal today why was it his fault Sandro had enough time to clear it 3rd goal was his fault though i prefer Gallas to both Bassong and Kaboul. Yes it is your opionion but he is the easist target been a ex goon
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Sun Nov 07 2010, 20:40

the team was poor, that bolton full back had bale in his pocket and scored a good goal to add, we need to learn quick, if we wanna be one of the big boys we gotta be able the game after syndrome.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Nov 07 2010, 21:52

MarkA249 wrote:
    cynicsid wrote:I'm not having this, Theres one reason and one reason only we have been letting in goals and thats Gallas,

Dawson, Get well soon.

Blaming Gallas is easy been a ex goon i praised him against Inter cause he deserved it 1 bad game does not make him a crap player or can say that about all of them First goal today why was it his fault Sandro had enough time to clear it 3rd goal was his fault though i prefer Gallas to both Bassong and Kaboul. Yes it is your opionion but he is the easist target been a ex goon

Gallas is a fighter no matter how you view him whether it be as an ex goon or spurs player, he hates losing , i think lew picked up on the fact Kaboul gets turned to easy on the left which is true, he can be very sloppy in his clearences which he really needs to work on in training, but foir me the biggest problem yesterday was the passing , we gave the ball away to much
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Sun Nov 07 2010, 23:23

Gallas was poor in the first inter match and he has been poor in the prem matches as well, Iv'e got no worries about where he came from at all, If Kaboul is in the right position and Gallas is 30 yards away from him thats not kabouls fault. Defending is 3/4 being in the right place at the right time and Gallas more often than not just aint there. We had all this with Dawson getting the blame for bad performances. It's not the bloke getting turned or the one left running back one on one thats at fault, it's the fact that the player has been left one on one in the first place.

Whats Gallas doing behind the right back then passing a slow pass short for the defencive mid field when he knows theres no cover in the middle. absoloutly nuts!!!!

Harry said it, were just not defending
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Nov 08 2010, 02:00

Between us all, I feel we've just about covered what was wrong yesterday ...Sid says Gallas was at fault and I agree as he was culpable in three of the Bolton goals but as Lew says , he's been okay in the other games he's played except yesterday he had a mare ...

Lobo says we were sloppy in our passing and again I agree with some easy expectant passes being messed up ....

I also mentioned in the match thread that I dont feel many of our players were out there with the right attitude... On Tuesday Harry said after the game with Inter, that the players , played like they were willing to put their lives on the line for the cause but yesterday was the complete opposite. Watch Kaboul turn his back on Steinsson's shot for the Bolton second goal cos he just wasnt willing to maybe take one where it hurts most as an example of this ..

Only a few of our players came out of yesterdays debacle with any credit playing at a decent level, Gomes, Hutton , Bale and Modric and we're just not going to pick up points in the prem when that is the case..
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Nov 08 2010, 02:46

Actually I thought Bentley made a big difference, I'd like to see him get a run of games, it's all there if only he dont act the tossa all the time.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Nov 08 2010, 03:01

i agree on that one, bentley did look good when he came on apart from one little flick he tried which was a bit risky. but i would like to see him get more chances now if harrys going to have to use our squad more now.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Nov 08 2010, 04:07

Lest we forget.

King Woodgate Dawson Defoe VdV Lennon & O'Hara all out. Bently & Kanjca Corluka still rustyThats a full out field.

we're not a bad side we're just still on that learning curve.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Nov 08 2010, 04:54

lets hope their quick learners cos its slipping away fast

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08 2010, 04:58

Very good point Sid. We have to remember who we are missing. With a fully fit squad we have as much strength in depth as anyone. Also, look at other results this weekend ? The Premier could be even tighter and more open than last season and we have the class to tell across 38 games . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Nov 08 2010, 21:12

But we have to drop this billy big boots attitude, thinking we can just go out and beat a team like Bolton, im sure Harry told them before hand, but yet again players like Ekotto dont turn up and put a shift in, im just amazed at Harrys loyalty to Crouch, he is only effective when VDV is playing and if Harry needs reminding the gulf in class between Crouch and Pav, then Pavs goal should do it.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 08 2010, 21:47

cynicsid wrote:Actually I thought Bentley made a big difference, I'd like to see him get a run of games, it's all there if only he dont act the tossa all the time.

agree bentley put in some decent crosses only trouble was no one was reading them or willing to take a chance, we cant keep doing this .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:37

cynicsid wrote:Lest we forget.

King Woodgate Dawson Defoe VdV Lennon & O'Hara all out. Bently & Kanjca Corluka still rustyThats a full out field.

We finished 4th last season Sid what are we suppossed to be learning, how to finish 5th ? They are not a bunch of kids they are all Internationals and you can not keep throwing away points to teams who you know are more than likely to finish in the bottom 6 than the top 6.

And as for Bentley he was the same when he had a run when Lennon was out. He was O.K for about 2 games and then he was back to his rubbish play. He is certainly not the answer . We have been trying to offload him for about a year but there are no takers. I wonder why?

Sure the injuries make a difference but all clubs have them, look at Utd and Arsenal they have some big players out but they still keep getting more points than us. Utd are playing the worst football I have seen from them for years but they are still 2nd.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:46

If you look at the team arsenil finished with yesterday Mikey they had pretty much their 1st choice 11 on the pitch yet still lost at home ! This season is tighter than even last season and I have stated, and stand by it, that after Christmas with a full strength squad we will be competing for a top four slot . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:51

Vis i think we need players back and a couple brought in when the window opens in jan.

But yeah i seriously think we will have a run of results that will see us back up there, it seems harry has glitches with all his teams, but his good runs outweigh the bad in my opinion, we,ll be back.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Tue Nov 09 2010, 11:44

djfitzo wrote:But we have to drop this billy big boots attitude, thinking we can just go out and beat a team like Bolton, im sure Harry told them before hand, but yet again players like Ekotto dont turn up and put a shift in, im just amazed at Harrys loyalty to Crouch, he is only effective when VDV is playing and if Harry needs reminding the gulf in class between Crouch and Pav, then Pavs goal should do it.

Yes the word I would use is blind loyalty to Crouch, he does not anticipate chances and can not hold to the ball for dear life not to mention for some one that tall can hardly head on target. On the other hand Pav has delivered whenever asked for
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Tue Nov 09 2010, 20:46

totalytot wrote:
    cynicsid wrote:Lest we forget.

We finished 4th last season Sid what are we suppossed to be learning, how to finish 5th ? They are not a bunch of kids they are all Internationals and you can not keep throwing away points to teams who you know are more than likely to finish in the bottom 6 than the top 6.

And as for Bentley he was the same when he had a run when Lennon was out. He was O.K for about 2 games and then he was back to his rubbish play. He is certainly not the answer . We have been trying to offload him for about a year but there are no takers. I wonder why?

Sure the injuries make a difference but all clubs have them, look at Utd and Arsenal they have some big players out but they still keep getting more points than us. Utd are playing the worst football I have seen from them for years but they are still 2nd.

Mikey M

I tell you what I dont think I'l bother with this sort of chat anymore. It's totally ridiculus and not supportive in any way as far as I can see. If I had to stand next to someone slagging off 3/4 of the team and the manager at a match I think i'd just go home. I'm a supporter, I happen to think that Spurs are one of the best examples of what a club can do without a rich benifactor or blatently getting away with cheating. They are a fantastic club, a good bunch of players and a much respected, experianced and tested manager. As the premiership has grown stronger each season Spurs have risen within that so we must be out performing the average clubs. The one thing that spoils the whole idea of being a Spurs fan right now is putting up with winging from the never satisfied. If you dont think obtaining 4th while in the CL is an infanantly harder task than doing it when your not even in europe you need your head tested.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 06:08