The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
my thoughts EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
my thoughts EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
my thoughts EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
my thoughts EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
my thoughts EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
my thoughts EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
my thoughts EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
my thoughts EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
my thoughts EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

my thoughts Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
cynicsid
YID FROM DAV
LOBO
7 posters

my thoughts

my thoughts Empty my thoughts

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08 2010, 10:34

harry needs to start looking in the mirror a bit more instead of baliming others! yes they were appaling but he set them up his tactics was a joke. sandro and wp in the middle. krankar on the right. he cant play on the right.

I said to lew last week that we wouldnt win aganst botlon. we never do. and now liveprool on same amount of poind we are on.

and now we dropped down the league.
    i agree with somone else that gomez looks all other the place at the moment.
    and crouch how many games does he want before he scores this season. i notice harry never says a word when crouch misses but says loads when pav does.

bale should of started on the bench. pav what a goal
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

my thoughts Empty Re: my thoughts

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 08 2010, 19:24

I'm sick & tired of it , why everyone think Harry is the one i don't know, he's only ever won the FA and before that he had a good reputation as a manager or the Nearly man, but in reality Redknapp is wet behind the ears at the very top level .

I said about Mick McCarthy and people laughed, well at least he field's a Team that puts up a fight at Old Trafford, McCarthy has miles more experience than Redknapp, he was after all Ireland manager and had managed at the WC , you never see his teams put in a half a team performances, and your right he never digs Crouch for his misses.

This England thing is a Joke , if fergie came out and said he wants the scotland job or Wenger the France job the fans would turn against them and would want to see a replacement, sorry but ive had enough of redknapp's feck ups and i want to see someone come in that can take us and keep us on the next level, Redknapp is for me the wrong man , i dont care what anyone says, when you openly state your interested in other jobs for me the writting is on the wall, mark my words he will be gone within a year , ive been right in the past and im hundred percent behind levy finding a replacement before Redknapp is given the england job, which i think he will be offered he has so much support coming from the football community they all want to see him as the next england manager

~~Our next manager short list

Mick McCarthy
    &
    Chris Hughton
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Mon Nov 08 2010, 19:41

playing sandro and wp was a massive mistake against bolton, lets invite them on harry u dodo

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08 2010, 19:56

PMSL Wolves loose, like Spurs, at O/T and McCarthy is good enough for us. Did he put out a full strength team this time or play the reserves like last season ? Chris Houghton I knew would start being big-upped on here after yesterdays result. Let's see how he does this whole season before we get all misty eyed. If you want someone with more 'trophies' than 'arry Lobs why pick these 2 managers ? Not even an FA Cup between them . . . . .
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Mon Nov 08 2010, 20:15

LOBO wrote:I'm sick & tired of it , why everyone think Harry is the one i don't know, he's only ever won the FA and before that he had a good reputation as a manager or the Nearly man, but in reality Redknapp is wet behind the ears at the very top level .

I said about Mick McCarthy and people laughed, well at least he field's a Team that puts up a fight at Old Trafford, McCarthy has miles more experience than Redknapp, he was after all Ireland manager and had managed at the WC , you never see his teams put in a half a team performances, and your right he never digs Crouch for his misses.

This England thing is a Joke , if fergie came out and said he wants the scotland job or Wenger the France job the fans would turn against them and would want to see a replacement, sorry but ive had enough of redknapp's feck ups and i want to see someone come in that can take us and keep us on the next level, Redknapp is for me the wrong man , i dont care what anyone says, when you openly state your interested in other jobs for me the writting is on the wall, mark my words he will be gone within a year , ive been right in the past and im hundred percent behind levy finding a replacement before Redknapp is given the england job, which i think he will be offered he has so much support coming from the football community they all want to see him as the next england manager

Mick McCarthy
    &
    Chris Hughton
    i was loving and agreeing with all that till u named hughton and mc carthy, if u said rjikard,hiddink,van gaal,mourinho,guardiola i would of been repping u.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 08 2010, 20:42

YID FROM DAV wrote:
    LOBO wrote:I'm sick & tired of it , why everyone think Harry is the one i don't know, he's only ever won the FA and before that he had a good reputation as a manager or the Nearly man, but in reality Redknapp is wet behind the ears at the very top level .

Mick McCarthy
    &
    Chris Hughton
    i was loving and agreeing with all that till u named hughton and mc carthy, if u said rjikard,hiddink,van gaal,mourinho,guardiola i would of been repping u.

Depends if you want a Name , or someone that can get his team to perform, i just want to see us put up a fight , redknapp is going to be the next England manager know two ways about it, who else could you say would be in the short running for the job?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 08 2010, 20:45

VisionarySound wrote:PMSL Wolves loose, like Spurs, at O/T and McCarthy is good enough for us. Did he put out a full strength team this time or play the reserves like last season ? Chris Houghton I knew would start being big-upped on here after yesterdays result. Let's see how he does this whole season before we get all misty eyed. If you want someone with more 'trophies' than 'arry Lobs why pick these 2 managers ? Not even an FA Cup between them . . . . .

Why , simple, when was the last time spurs won away to a top four team in the prem ? , and why is Newcastle above us in the prem ?, Hughton as managed to do what no other Spurs manager has, and thats beat Arsenal in the prem on there own patch, we cant even win to any top four away and havent done in years , why cos we're beaten before the kick off , and we need a manager that doesnt want the england over the spurs job imo, its a strange set up .
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Mon Nov 08 2010, 21:23

LOBO wrote:
    YID FROM DAV wrote:

Mick McCarthy
    &
    Chris Hughton

Depends if you want a Name , or someone that can get his team to perform, i just want to see us put up a fight , redknapp is going to be the next England manager know two ways about it, who else could you say would be in the short running for the job?
    i understand the hughton thing, and he is doing a fine job with what hes got. but i am desperate for our next manager to be a big name, someone who has won things.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 08 2010, 21:42

YID FROM DAV wrote:
    LOBO wrote:
    YID FROM DAV wrote:

Mick McCarthy
    &
    Chris Hughton

i understand the hughton thing, and he is doing a fine job with what hes got. but i am desperate for our next manager to be a big name, someone who has won things.

Yea thats a fair point a good track record is important, i know mick McCarthy will never get the job , but i like his attitude towards the game not the officals lol , so when the time comes i hope we get it 100% right
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Nov 08 2010, 22:48

Harry's only ever got to spend money once before and he won the fa cup, next time he gets to work with a team with a bit of clout we finish in the highest spot some of you can remember. The clubs already getting back the cash we had to spend to get out of trouble.

Tell you what why dont we go get a much respected foriegn manager................Ramos, he's well thought of, Santini, there's another one. or of course we could get in and old player like Hoddle.

Any club has it's high's and low's. & if this is our Low then I'm perfectly happy. Just because we have a good match one week it dont mean we are over all the failings of the past it just means were going in the right direction.
    Who's the last team you want to go away too after a match like inter, Bale could of got his legs broke in the first few plays of the game. And I can tell you now we have much harder times to come as we will be playing top four matches along side CL matches from now on. (dont you just love those PL planners)
    I thought two defencive midfielders was a good idea actually, it was a bit of appauling play and bad refereeing that let the 1st goal in not the set up of the team. Once Harry changed it to a more attacking side we were ripped apart. And HTF are we supposed to get players like sandro up to speed if we dont play them, and what better way to bring him on other than beside another defencive midfielder so they can share the roll. Kanjca Modric & Bale is more attacking flare than half the premiership can put out there & Crouch has won more balls in the air than any other player. It was a good enough side to win BUT WE HAD A BAD DAY.
    Anyone with eyes could see our players were half hearted and not up for it.
    IT HAPPENS.
    Lots of love, Rant over.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Nov 08 2010, 23:33

harrys still the man for spurs,one loss away to bolton dont get me screaming for ANOTHER new manager. yeah we all got our opinion who he should play and who shouldnt.were 11 matches into the season still top half nearly through to the knockout stages of the champions league.theres a long way to go yet so fingers away from the panic button just yet eh.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 09 2010, 00:18

shearspur wrote:harrys still the man for spurs,one loss away to bolton dont get me screaming for ANOTHER new manager. yeah we all got our opinion who he should play and who shouldnt.were 11 matches into the season still top half nearly through to the knockout stages of the champions league.theres a long way to go yet so fingers away from the panic button just yet eh.

You got open eyes a little see the bigger picture here, Harry Redknapp has said he wants to be next england manager, that job becomes avilable in 18 months time , you have ex england managers and players all backing his call to be the next manager, ok he may well have said it out of context but the fact remains he said it and has never retracted that comment as just hear say, he openly admitts he wants to be the next england boss , its ok keep saying hes the man for the job but is he?

teams we've lost to this season

dropped 2 points at home to citeh first game with a defoe
    dropped 3 points at home to wigan
    dropped 2 away next match to westbrom
    dropped 3 points away to Westham
    dropped 2 points at home to Everton
    dropped 3 points away to Man u
    dropped 3 points away to bolton

= 18 points

we should have won the majority of them games with the players we have, that isn't even midtable form that relegation form, ok we beat inter yes but these english teams know our game , different ball game from inter milan, i think Redknapp is in trouble , the team is failing big time and shouldnt be, and it has nothing to do with defoe not being in the team or dawson or king

Man u can sustain top form without giggs & rooney and Co, why cant we, we need to grow up and mature as a team, i think Redknapp is making to many mistake and not learning from them
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:03

teams we've lost to this season

dropped 2 points at home to citeh first game with a defoe (Defoe did not start finding form until teh Engalnd games and Citeh are a very good team)
    dropped 3 points at home to wigan (granted)
    dropped 2 away next match to westbrom (one point gained as Brom are tough to beat)
    dropped 3 points away to Westham (maybe a point, but they are same as us,can raise their game for us and not others)
    dropped 2 points at home to Everton (possible, but again tough team)
    dropped 3 points away to Man u (now you are being optimistic, no matter what team Man U put out)
    dropped 3 points away to bolton (again, would have been happy with a point)

So Lobs, i dont know where you get 18 points dropped, yes we should have had more points, but so should a lot of teams
    around us, this season is going to be the toughest yet, just ask Arsenal who have been beaten twice at home, there
    are no gimmee's this term mate

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:04

Can anyone tell me Arsenal's away record at top four team's Grounds?
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:24

cynicsid wrote:Harry's only ever got to spend money once before and he won the fa cup, next time he gets to work with a team with a bit of clout we finish in the highest spot some of you can remember. The clubs already getting back the cash we had to spend to get out of trouble.

Tell you what why dont we go get a much respected foriegn manager................Ramos, he's well thought of, Santini, there's another one. or of course we could get in and old player like Hoddle.

Any club has it's high's and low's. & if this is our Low then I'm perfectly happy. Just because we have a good match one week it dont mean we are over all the failings of the past it just means were going in the right direction.
    Who's the last team you want to go away too after a match like inter, Bale could of got his legs broke in the first few plays of the game. And I can tell you now we have much harder times to come as we will be playing top four matches along side CL matches from now on. (dont you just love those PL planners)
    I thought two defencive midfielders was a good idea actually, it was a bit of appauling play and bad refereeing that let the 1st goal in not the set up of the team. Once Harry changed it to a more attacking side we were ripped apart. And HTF are we supposed to get players like sandro up to speed if we dont play them, and what better way to bring him on other than beside another defencive midfielder so they can share the roll. Kanjca Modric & Bale is more attacking flare than half the premiership can put out there & Crouch has won more balls in the air than any other player. It was a good enough side to win BUT WE HAD A BAD DAY.
    IT HAPPENS.
    Lots of love, Rant over.
    u think playin 2 defensive midfielders and 1 up front against the mighty bolton is the way to. i like your loyalty to harry but that is crazy. yes the first goal was off side but the mistake was made, i will let you tell me who made that mistake. if we was worried about bales legs he should of rested him, actually boltons game plan probably would have all been around bale, what better way than to scupper there ideas than not to play him, im with lobo on this one and it aint just 1 result is it, wolves,wigan to name 2 others.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:26

djfitzo wrote:teams we've lost to this season

dropped 2 points at home to citeh first game with a defoe (Defoe did not start finding form until teh Engalnd games and Citeh are a very good team)
    dropped 2 away next match to westbrom (one point gained as Brom are tough to beat)
    dropped 3 points away to Westham (maybe a point, but they are same as us,can raise their game for us and not others)
    dropped 3 points away to Man u (now you are being optimistic, no matter what team Man U put out)

So Lobs, i dont know where you get 18 points dropped, yes we should have had more points, but so should a lot of teams
    around us, this season is going to be the toughest yet, just ask Arsenal who have been beaten twice at home, there

Fact is we have dropped 18 points out of a possible 33 points already only 11 games played, thats worrying . we all have different opinions where the blame lies, but im abit old fashioned in the sense i like to see everyone focused on the job at hand and that means 100% spurs no if or buts i want to see passion and commitment, if redknapp wants to be the next england manager he should have kept that to him self imo

Last edited by LOBO on Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:29; edited 2 times in total
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:26

YID FROM DAV wrote:
    cynicsid wrote:Harry's only ever got to spend money once before and he won the fa cup, next time he gets to work with a team with a bit of clout we finish in the highest spot some of you can remember. The clubs already getting back the cash we had to spend to get out of trouble.

IT HAPPENS.
    Lots of love, Rant over.
    u think playin 2 defensive midfielders and 1 up front against the mighty bolton is the way to. i like your loyalty to harry but that is crazy. yes the first goal was off side but the mistake was made, i will let you tell me who made that mistake. if we was worried about bales legs he should of rested him, actually boltons game plan probably would have all been around bale, what better way than to scupper there ideas than not to play him, im with lobo on this one and it aint just 1 result is it, wolves,wigan to name 2 others.

we beat Wolves 3-1

YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:27

what last season
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:28

LOBO wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:teams we've lost to this season

Fact is we have dropped 18 points already only 11 games played, thats worrying . we all have different opinions where the blame lies, but im abit old fashioned in the sense i like to ever one focused on the job at hand and that means 100% spurs no if or buts i want to see passion and commitment, if redknapp wants to be the next england manager he should have kept that to him self imo

But thats were we disagree Lobo, I dont think we have dropped 18 points
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:29

Baz. Nil Points last season.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:32

BazSpur wrote:Can anyone tell me Arsenal's away record at top four team's Grounds?

Don't know but they have a pretty good record in the past away to UTD and have beaten them at old trafford several times
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:33

YID FROM DAV wrote:what last season

no this season

September 2010 H A RELATED
    11 Sat Away West Brom Barclays Premier League 1 1 Draw 23642
    14 Tue Away Werder Bremen UEFA Champions League 2 2 Draw 30344
    18 Sat Home Wolves Barclays Premier League 3 1 Won 35940
    21 Tue Home Arsenal Carling Cup 1 4 Lost 35883
    25 Sat Away West Ham Barclays Premier League 1 0 Lost 34190
    29 Wed Home FC Twente UEFA Champions League 4 1 Won 32318
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:36

djfitzo wrote:

no this season

i know how we are doing this season but thanks anyway.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:37

YID FROM DAV wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

no this season

sorry mate ,wasnt trying to be clever, just copied and pasted too many!!

YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:40

djfitzo wrote:
    YID FROM DAV wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

no this season

sorry mate ,wasnt trying to be clever, just copied and pasted too many!!

no prob i am just very fustrated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:49