The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
seebee1944
BazSpur
6 posters

Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  Empty Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.

Post by BazSpur Thu Nov 25 2010, 06:00

Opposition is building. If you don't want us to move sign the petition.

http://triffictottenham.co.uk/say-no-to-stratford-hotspur-keep-thfc-in-north-london/
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  Empty Re: Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.

Post by seebee1944 Thu Nov 25 2010, 20:36

Thanks for that Baz have been trying to find it for a couple of days.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.  Empty Re: Say no to Stratford Hotspur.Petition.

Post by spurslegend Fri Nov 26 2010, 04:15

the sooner we are out of that sh*t ole of a manor the better and rid our selfs of the left wing sh*t council the better
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Fri Nov 26 2010, 06:29

Have to say this one is a puzzle. Stay a have the P*ss taken out of us for the next 50 years at which time there will be next to no fans living in the WHL area. Or go and become a brand name before a club.

I am going to just support the club in whatever they do. and I will be anti the boo boy antics that are starting to get momentum now. All they will ever do is bring the club down.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26 2010, 06:31

Heard on the radio on way to work this evening that Boris Johnson has given permission for White Hart Lane to be redeveloped . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26 2010, 06:32

get away from white hart lane. the only thing good is the pitch.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 26 2010, 06:32

Yep, he has Vis.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Nov 26 2010, 09:49

VisionarySound wrote:Heard on the radio on way to work this evening that Boris Johnson has given permission for White Hart Lane to be redeveloped . . . . . .

thats great news , because he has the final say, the only problem now is the cost, apparently due to the credit crunch the price of the redevelopment has increased by 50 million and levy is reluctant to go ahead with it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 26 2010, 10:29

He may not have a choice Lobs. The news is that If the Spams can produce the financial package to move into the OS then they will be granted it. Karen Brady has come out and said in the papers today they can put a financial plan forward.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26 2010, 10:51

surley if they go down they cant get a new ground lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 26 2010, 11:15

Apparently that's not a problem Lought.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Nov 26 2010, 13:42

I've been thinking about this over the last few days and find that I'm struggling to reconcile some inconsistencies here. Hopefully some of you guys can provide me with a little clariy here;

1) How can the cost of a development go up during a credit crunch. Oh Bollox to that, let's call it what it is, a recession.
    I'm in construction and lived through the last recession, in the early 90's. Wages were drastically reduced, the cost of plant & materials was dramatically slashed and, regardless of this, Main Contractors were cutting each others' throats just to win the work. The only thing that went up, apart from the number of unemployed, was the interest rate.
    I believe the IR in the UK is virtually zero is it not?

The cost of the construction has sweet FA to do with the ability to borrow from the banks so how could it have risen by another 50 mill?

2)How is Stratford going to be cheaper, apart from te infrastructure redevelopment? If we are proposing to knock down the existing stadium, engendering demo costs, and build a new stadium, how is the cost any different? The cost of a stadium is the same in Stratford as Tottenham surely?
    Add to this the additional cost of an Athletics venue rebuild and you have rising costs too.
    Offset the infrastructure redevelopment in N17 against the demo and, for example, the Crystal Palace redevelopment, then where is this 'massive' saving that I keep reading about?

3) As for Tottenham being a toilet, so what? The whole idea of this kind of redevelopment is to bring the area back to life. This club is the heart & soul of the borough, redevelop and you bring in investment which then broadens the regeneration.
    I agree that Tottenham is an eyesore, but I'd love to have the area regenerated as it is well beyond due. I was born there, my Dad was born there and my Grandfather too. I was part of the initial stages of redevelopment over in Wandsworth that led to the Battersea Park redevelopment. If those places can be upgraded then why not Tottenham?

Now these are all questions gentlemen as I really don't know enough to form a considered opinion. I do get what Sid said though, if it should happen then continue to support the team rather than create turmoil without knowing the full scope. I hate to say this but if moving is better for our long term development into a World Football power then so be it. That is what we want for our club, to be the best. However, if the move is of no benefit to the club, only to Joe Lewis, then I say 'Carry on Screaming'

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26 2010, 18:57

This one is going to drag & drag . . . . .

Tottenham press on with Olympic Stadium bid despite getting White Hart Lane approval

Tottenham will press ahead with plans to move to the Olympic Stadium despite receiving the go-ahead from London Mayor Boris Johnson.to build a new 56,000 seater arena adjacent to White Hart Lane.
    Spurs insist they have yet to decide which route to take despite clearing another hurdle towards the completion of the £450 million Northumberland Development Project which would see them stay in their current home in the borough of Haringey.

The club has already been granted planning permission by Haringey council and following the approval of the London Mayor, only objections from the government and English Heritage can scupper their plans.

However, the cost of their joint bid with entertainment giant AEG to redevelop the Olympic Stadium is considerably lower than that of building a new ground and Thursday’s decision has done nothing to convince Spurs that the time has come to shelve their plans for a move to Stratford.

West Ham are also in the running to move to the Olympic Stadium and unlike Spurs, who intend to make the arena football only, they are willing to keep the athletics track.

The Olympic Park Legacy Company are set to announce which club is their preferred bidder next month but speaking recently, Sir Keith Mills, a Spurs director and board member of Olympics organisers Locog, suggested a move to Stratford was the preferred option for Tottenham.

‘If the Olympic Park Legacy Company decides our bid is the preferred one, then we’ll put all our efforts behind trying to move there,’ said Mills.

Tottenham MP David Lammy has also claimed Spurs would prefer a move to the Olympic Stadium, saying: ‘It is clear from my meetings with Spurs that Northumberland Park is option two and Stratford is number one.

The club leaving Tottenham would be the most devastating thing to happen to the area since I have been an MP.’ Haringey council are understandably desperate for Spurs to remain in the borough given the regeneration of the area it would entail and were hopeful that yesterday’s decision would swing the balance in their favour.

Council leader Claire Kober said: ‘We’re thrilled that Mayor of London has thrown his weight behind Tottenham Hotspur’s plans. Spurs belong in Tottenham and should stay in Tottenham. It’s what the fans want, it’s what’s best for the club and it’s what’s best for Tottenham.’

Tottenham have promised to take fans’ concerns about a move to the Olympic Stadium into consideration. Campaign group We Are N17, the postcode for the club’s current home White Hart Lane, has already collected 2,300 signatures on a petition opposing the move to Stratford.

cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Fri Nov 26 2010, 22:13

http://triffictottenham.co.uk/say-no-to-stratford-hotspur-keep-thfc-in-north-london/comment-page-4/#comment-8234

Thats my view, I'm not voting.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Nov 26 2010, 23:02

BazSpur wrote:He may not have a choice Lobs. The news is that If the Spams can produce the financial package to move into the OS then they will be granted it. Karen Brady has come out and said in the papers today they can put a financial plan forward.

I hope we redevelope WHL , costs aside N17 is our home , although the new olympic stadium is a lovely spanking new stadium it just wouldnt feel right to the fans.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26 2010, 23:32

Then you find a news article like this one . . . . . . .

Tottenham given go ahead to redevelop White Hart lane by Mayor of London Boris Johnson
    Tottenham have taken two significant steps forward in their plans to develop a 56,000-seat stadium adjacent to their White Hart Lane home.

Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, wrote to Haringey Council on Thursday confirming that he would not overrule the planning permission that had already been granted for the project, meaning only central government can now theoretically block the scheme.

Of even greater significance, however, is news that Haringey Council has, in principle, approved a future Compulsory Purchase Order that will allow Tottenham to buy land and property needed to proceed with the project.

“Haringey has worked hard to pull this report together swiftly because we know that a CPO would allow Spurs’ plans, which have the full backing of the council, to progress unhindered,” said Claire Kober, the leader of Haringey Council.

Tottenham had been frustrated by the need to submit revised plans to Haringey Council that would cause a considerable escalation in the cost of the project. It was the club’s estimate of a rise of £50 million that has driven their ongoing interest in the Olympic Stadium.

The fact that Haringey has now approved the CPO and is making such positive noises has been interpreted by Tottenham as a sign that they are moving forward with the council.

However, the issue of financing remains contentious, with Tottenham disappointed not to have received any public funding for a scheme that will cost around £400 million and help regenerate the area.

As well as providing a modern stadium for the football club, the plans include new homes, a supermarket and a hotel, and could create hundreds of local jobs. The earliest possible opening of a new stadium is likely to be 2013.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:24