The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
HARRY EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
HARRY EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
HARRY EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
HARRY EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
HARRY EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
HARRY EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
HARRY EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
HARRY EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
HARRY EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

HARRY Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

HARRY

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

HARRY Empty HARRY

Post by shearspur Thu Nov 25 2010, 23:29

what with all the media attention focusing on us at the moment, beating the goons and doing very well against european teams at the lane it is bringing the harry = england manager job all up again. we know he said he wants it if offered but would he jump ship in mid season if cappello walks at any stage before his contract is up. its looking worrying at the moment cos he seems to have us firing on all cylinders and still with players to returnt.if he went who would come in and would it demoralise the current squad ? would it demoralise you ? and could you forgive him if he jumped before the spurs job was completed ? pale
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

HARRY Empty Re: HARRY

Post by ionman34 Fri Nov 26 2010, 00:14

Capello won't be leaving any time soon. He's on 6 mill a year for doing virtually zero work. He won't give that up or the compensation pay out he'd get if he was sacked.

Worrying at it won't make it any better. If he goes he goes. I think it would be his swansong before retiring so I don't begrudge him that.

Having said that, I'd hope he had enough brains to realise that the position is a poison Chalice anyway. How can you possibly hope to control that many ego's when you spend very little time with the team. How can you keep them in line? If you dropped them they'd probably thank you for one less pointless game to play, one less reason for the 'meeja' to take a shot at you.

He might get them to string a few decent results together, even Sven was able to do that. It might just buy him enough time to get his 'Kick me' sign gilded, because that's what he'll be hanging off his back sooner or later.

We English are all too ready to take that swing and knock people like him off the pedestal we placed him on in the first place.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Nov 26 2010, 00:23

Arry's merry band of legal advisors were up Southwark court today making efforts to get two of the fraud charges against him dismissed - any idea how they got on ?

From a purely technical point if Arry did admit to a charge of dishonesty or even pick up a conviction it might well put the men in blazers at the FA right off ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 26 2010, 00:52

As ion said, if he goes, he goes. There will always be someone to step up to the plate. Maybe Jordan or Bond will step up or both.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Nov 26 2010, 09:59

[quote="shearspur"]what with all the media attention focusing on us at the moment, beating the goons and doing very well against european teams at the lane it is bringing the harry = england manager job all up again. we know he said he wants it if offered but would he jump ship in mid season if cappello walks at any stage /quote]

YES Harry would jump ship and would have no quarms in doing so.

I'm not sure Jordan or Bond would manage spurs, i think they would go with Harry after all he would need a coaching team behind him, i cant see Jordan in the england set dont think that would sit to well with his fellow countrymen, i'm sure we would find the right man , club like spurs now the'd be climbing over eachother for the job.

but mark my words redknapp will take the england when it comes up, and to be frank only a mug would wanna manage England , maybe Redknapp likes the idea of being a part timer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content