The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
His position will become unteniable - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
His position will become unteniable - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
His position will become unteniable - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
His position will become unteniable - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
His position will become unteniable - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
His position will become unteniable - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
His position will become unteniable - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
His position will become unteniable - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
His position will become unteniable - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

His position will become unteniable - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
shearspur
anicoll5
ArnieArdiles
DJSR
LOBO
9 posters

His position will become unteniable

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

His position will become unteniable - Page 2 Empty Re: His position will become unteniable

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 09 2010, 08:20

anicoll5 wrote:It may be everything in Arry's garden will remain lovely Vis but it is not the way of things in your locality

Possibly the blight will not take over your patch but as many a gardener before him has found the pests can make themselves busy at any time.

I'd take Nic at his word here chaps, he's speaking from bitter recent experience. Was it only 2 weeks ago that your mob were actually stating that 'Man who sucks Lemons' can take you no further and must go?

2nd in the Prem at the time, poised to move into the CL knock out stages, pushing for a CC, (or is that MM?) Cup Final and about to commence an assault on the FA Cup.

Yes, if anyone can advise us on the fickle nature of the average fan it is a goon.

His position will become unteniable - Page 2 Empty Re: His position will become unteniable

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 08:42

Exclusive - Redknapp: 'I'm not thinking about managing England at the moment'

Harry Redknapp has distanced himself from stories linking him with the England managers position.
    The Spurs manager is believed to be on an F.A list of possible candidates to replace current boss Fabio Capello when his contract runs out in two years time but Redknapp stressed that he isn’t thinking that far ahead and is concentrating on the job in hand with Spurs.
    He told Call Collymore: “You never know. Honestly, I don’t go home and think I want to be manager of England. All I’ve said is if an English guy gets offered it it would be hard to turn it down.
    “I’m very happy doing what I’m doing, managing Tottenham. In two years time, who knows. You can’t tell. I may be struggling, somebody else is going to come and do well.
    “It can all change. Two years is a long time in your life and certainly it’s an awful long time in football. I don’t even look that far ahead. I could be managing Poole Town or someone in two years. Who knows, it’s difficult to know.”

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Dec 09 2010, 19:18

anicoll5 wrote:It may be everything in Arry's garden will remain lovely Vis but it is not the way of things in your locality

Possibly the blight will not take over your patch but as many a gardener before him has found the pests can make themselves busy at any time.

The difference young Ion is that in the club down the road it takes a very long time to move a manager on - especially one who has brought as much past success as Mr Wenger

In contrastr to other clubs where half a dozen dodgy results and the Chairman listens to a radio phone in on his way home in the car and hey presto - you get a text with your P45 attached at half time

You do see that doncha ? afro
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 09 2010, 21:42

anicoll5 wrote:

Can't quite see the purpose of quoting yourself, Old boy, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

The difference young Ion is that in the club down the road it takes a very long time to move a manager on - especially one who has brought as much past success as Mr Wenger

But remarkably little time for the 'fans' to forget all that and show him the door.

Ironic really, considering the smug condescension so often sent our way.

God bless the Greeks for their wonderful addition to our vocabulary, Hypocritical has such a nice ring to it, don't you think, when applied in just the right circumstance?

In contrastr to other clubs where half a dozen dodgy results and the Chairman listens to a radio phone in on his way home in the car and hey presto - you get a text with your P45 attached at half time

You do see that doncha ? afro

You and your Dad still not on speaking terms then?

Gut wrenching seeing him doing so well wot?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Dec 09 2010, 23:17

Unbearable as It may seem Ion I have no problem in seeing Spuds finally improving after years punching well below their weight

I have to say I enjoyed the days of genuine rivalry between the clubs in the 70s and 80s when both wee evenly matched and the contests usually on a knife edge

Since the early 90s that rivalry has been largely absent until last season when you finally managed a decent result

So lets see more of it - As for Levy he is an clown - you know it, I know it - admittedly even clowns can be lucky

PS how's the stadium going ?

gutted
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 09 2010, 23:52

Have pmed you Nic.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Dec 10 2010, 07:50

So lets see more of it - As for Levy he is an clown - you know it, I know it - admittedly even clowns can be lucky

LOL!

Well if clowns have that kind of business acumen then fingers crossed that Billy Smart's name is in the hat when/if Enic ever decide to sell!

PS how's the stadium going ?

Rather well from what I've seen. We have 2 options, how many did you have? We've been rubber stamped for the Northumberland Park project and have the most attractive Tender for Stratford.

Lucky that hey?

gutted [/quote]
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Dec 10 2010, 07:56

lucky for who? fcuk stratford

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:45